Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where is the best place to trade? (EU)

Deeldo
Deeldo
✭✭
Where can I find the best guild traders? I have checked Summerset and Ebonshadow, are there other cities with more advanced trading guilds?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To join? or buy from? And how you define "best"?
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belkarth in Craglorn is the most active trading place for PC EU.
  • Koen_Rietveld
    I'd say if you want easy acces and a lot of high budged guilds, I'd say deshaan, then also stormhold and grathwood. Thier capitals have high priced traders, if you want an easy buy, go there. Otherwise, if you want cheap buys, go look at traders in the middle of nowhere, they seem to have the better stuff a whole lot less though.
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    (Assuming best= variety & number of items)

As @TheCyberDruid said, the best (in terms of most sales & most active) is Craglorn. After that I'd say Mournhold is pretty good, other cities like Grathwood, Stormhold or Rawl'kha are pretty decent, and spots you should check when looking for items.
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    Have had guilds with traders in different cities; but from my experience you'll get good sales from all capital cities (Mournhold, Wayrest, Grathwood) along with Rawl'kha (for it's small and close bank+crafting hubs) and Belkarth (craglorn).
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • Deeldo
    Deeldo
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, and that website is great!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On PC EU, Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG) has the highest turnover. In terms of selling quickly, being on the front row of traders in Belkarth (Craglorn) is best. Another well-known guild is The Traveling Merchant, also on the front row. I am in 3 trading guilds. To give you an example of the average weekly turnover:

Tamriel Traders Guild, Belkarth, front row: 300 Million (highest on PC EU, according to them)
    Pact Veteran Trade, Belkarth, back row: 100 Million
    Redfur Trading, Windhelm: 10 Million

It takes much longer to sell anything in Windhelm. The best guilds have weekly sales requirements, 100K for TTG. This means they only keep active players who sell a decent amount. They also keep a trader in the same spot consistently. This has a big impact on the clientele. Based on my sales history, I can say that some people use the Craglorn front row as a one stop shop and don't even look for cheaper stuff on the back row.

If you want to sell / make gold regularly on PC EU, try to get into a guild in Belkarth (preferred), followed by the big 3 towns: Mournhold, Wayrest, Elden Root. Rawl Kha and Vivec City are also quite good. Vivec City is one of the best, if not the best, place for crafting writs, so lots of people go there. It is an expansion though, limiting the number of players who have access.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the years I've been in a number of trading guilds in different cities but nothing comes close to craglorn. Stuff there sells so fast but prices tend to be lower / better value which is probably why it's frequented by many buyers.

Mournhold is second best selling spot, then Rawlkha followed by elden root and wayrest