Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Mages Guild] Entropy | please increased the duration to 30 sec - QOL

boaz733
boaz733
✭✭✭
Align the skill duration with all other sources of major sorcery, major brutality. ( 30 -40 sec)
Edited by boaz733 on October 16, 2018 6:25AM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure, can agree on this =)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I would get behind this. Sucks as a NB or Mag temp to have to constantly recast this or rely on pots. It's annoying. This would be a big QOL improvement.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH I'd be down for it. I wouldn't mind slight damage increase too since the dot is kinda terrible
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • boaz733
    boaz733
    ✭✭✭
    i hope some 1 from ZOS will spot this topic.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hear! Hear!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be fantastic.

signed, every templar ever.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good suggestion!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Benemime
    Benemime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a magsorc and I prefer entropy to surge

surge is a lot better for self heal of course, but....I play on console and it's a lot easier to keep my major sorcery buff up since I can see the Dot on the target and that reminds me to cast it again. Sometimes I forget to recast surge in time during a battle, losing some dps, entropy also does a little bit of dmg so it's kinda nice.

But I agree. 30s would be perfect since it feels like the effect goes away too quickly, and Everlasting Magic (Mages guild passive that increase mages guild abilities duration by 20%) doesn't affect the duration of entropy's major sorcery :(

IMO, the duration should be increased to 25s. And Everlasting Magic should affect entropy's major sorcery, 25s + 20% = 30s.
    Edited by Benemime on October 16, 2018 3:01PM
  • boaz733
    boaz733
    ✭✭✭
    Benemime wrote: »
    I'm a magsorc and I prefer entropy to surge

surge is a lot better for self heal of course, but....I play on console and it's a lot easier to keep my major sorcery buff up since I can see the Dot on the target and that reminds me to cast it again. Sometimes I forget to recast surge in time during a battle, losing some dps, entropy also does a little bit of dmg so it's kinda nice.

But I agree. 30s would be perfect since it feels like the effect goes away too quickly, and Everlasting Magic (Mages guild passive that increase mages guild abilities duration by 20%) doesn't affect the duration of entropy's major sorcery :(

IMO, the duration should be increased to 25s. And Everlasting Magic should affect entropy's major sorcery, 25s + 20% = 30s.

Correct!
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    boaz733 wrote: »
    Align the skill duration with all other sources of major sorcery, major brutality. ( 30 -40 sec)

Im not saying that it isn't worthy, but netch has 26 or so seconds. Id change degeneration to have a longer duration for both the skill and the effect as its current effect is kinda bad.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sap essence is 20 seconds also.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All attack based source of Major Weapon/Spell damage is 20.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not make the dot strong enough to make it actually worth debating over straight usage of potions?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who actually uses it? Templars that don’t want to use Spell Power Pots, NBs that don’t want to use Sap Essence, and anyone looking for another DoT to proc Skoria.

I’d say Templars should get a class source of Major Sorcery, Sap Essence could be changed to allow pre-buffing, and the DoT component of Degeneration/Entropy could be buffed. Not by too much because it’s a really long running DoT. The Mages and Fighters Guild skills are not good for the most part though, especially after the empower change.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 You have my vote OP.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed it needs something. In particular post empower.
    Using it to empower a proced frag felt delicious back in the day, those days are long gone :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Who actually uses it? Templars that don’t want to use Spell Power Pots, NBs that don’t want to use Sap Essence, and anyone looking for another DoT to proc Skoria.

I’d say Templars should get a class source of Major Sorcery, Sap Essence could be changed to allow pre-buffing, and the DoT component of Degeneration/Entropy could be buffed. Not by too much because it’s a really long running DoT. The Mages and Fighters Guild skills are not good for the most part though, especially after the empower change.

Not that I am against any of your suggestions but didn't I read a comment of yours a few days ago where you said homogenization of classes is bad design? But again, I agree that most of f/m guild skills need a rework.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Not that I am against any of your suggestions but didn't I read a comment of yours a few days ago where you said homogenization of classes is bad design? But again, I agree that most of f/m guild skills need a rework.

You did. To me giving all classes the same minimum framework to build upon isn’t homogenization though. Classes should be different because they have unique abilities that are powerful and fun to use.

The lack of a basic buff like Major Sorcery certainly makes Templar stand out. It isn’t a fun thing though that makes someone create a Templar.

What I’m against is giving everyone a version of a once unique skill and make it Trash in the process. What I’m for is having fun distinctions.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo they should kill the dot and make it a straight buff for 30s.

That way you won't be forced to use pots for the buff if you want it from stealth.

Actually, brutality and sorcery from damage is a bad idea. Just let us buff out of combat so we can have everything up on the first hit.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    30s dot would be annoying, but they could always make the buff 30s and the dot component much shorter.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »
    30s dot would be annoying, but they could always make the buff 30s and the dot component much shorter.

Yeah, the DOT and the buff are already different lengths, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • boaz733
    boaz733
    ✭✭✭
    Sap essence is 20 seconds also.

should be addressed as well.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »

This sounds like a realistic suggestion. It's certainly in-line with ZOS' recent "interesting choice" policy. In this case, the trade-off would be recasting prematurely in order to keep the DoT pressure up.

Either way, the skill needs an improvement. 20s is far too short for such a fundamental buff, especially from an ability that can't be pre-buffed prior to engaging.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, ZOS will see all of your good suggestions and ignore them to do something completely different and bad. Don't be surprised if they increse the buff duration but put the DoT on the caster, for "interesting choices".

Anyway, Minor Force. All I'm saying.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Don't worry, ZOS will see all of your good suggestions and ignore them to do something completely different and bad. Don't be surprised if they increse the buff duration but put the DoT on the caster, for "interesting choices".

No, more like remove the dot but increase the cost so its like 4k per cast lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

No, more like remove the dot but increase the cost so its like 4k per cast lol.

Or that.
    x'D
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add some damage to it too along with the duration increase.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    All attack based source of Major Weapon/Spell damage is 20.

this +1