Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need feedback on choosing to go with Stamina or Magika build

DragonMind1st
DragonMind1st
✭✭
I have a hard time choosing and thought why not ask fellow players for help with choosing, as well as see if you got some experience that allow for some "patching" of my choices.

The facts upon which choices are to be made:
Argonian
Class DK

Now 1st choice, I like sneaking/stealing and to use that it is best to use medium armor, as well as Stamina is used when sneaking.
How ever I want to use restoration staff, which make my healing bad. (choice of Stamina)

Now 2nd choice, healing with restoration staff is not going to be bad, and I can use a destruction staff as 2nd weapon (well likely restoration is going on the 2nd bar).
How ever will the drawback from not using medium armor and not putting points in stamina hurt me too much for sneaking/stealing.

For the choice of destruction staff I am a bit split as well, but since both the staff and DK comes with some skills for AoE/Cone attacks,
I lean towards frost staff due to it's unique ability to use magika for blocking ..and the fact I have always had a soft spot for freezing stuff in fantasy games.
How ever choosing fire/flame staff, allows me to apply burning status 100% chance (when staff upgrade is fully done), which benefits from my DK passive
of gaining Magika min. every 5 secs when applying this effect.
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like you have two conflicting goals.
    1. Healing as stamDK
    2. Sneaking Stealing as MagDK
    You have two choices.
    1. Do whatever you want and enjoy the game.
    2. change one of your goals
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sneaking around isn't at all painful on a light armor magicka character. Legerdemain has a passive that decreases sneak cost, and so does one of the CP trees when you get there. You can also go vampire if you like and sneak at full speed - or make a set of Night's Silence armor just for when you want to be thiefy.

Lots of ways to deal with that piece, it doesn't need to have much impact on how you otherwise build your character.
  • DragonMind1st
    DragonMind1st
    ✭✭
    RedRook wrote: »
    Sneaking around isn't at all painful on a light armor magicka character. Legerdemain has a passive that decreases sneak cost, and so does one of the CP trees when you get there. You can also go vampire if you like and sneak at full speed - or make a set of Night's Silence armor just for when you want to be thiefy.

Lots of ways to deal with that piece, it doesn't need to have much impact on how you otherwise build your character.

It is options like these I was talking about, thank you for the reply RedHook :-)

....and Caleb_Kadesh, thank you for trying, but there is no real alternate choice/option like those RedHook came with.
  • Azkure
    Azkure
    Soul Shriven
    RedRook wrote: »
    Sneaking around isn't at all painful on a light armor magicka character. Legerdemain has a passive that decreases sneak cost, and so does one of the CP trees when you get there.

I agree. I am coming back and rolled a magDK and have not felt a big difference between this and my NB (which I use for stealing everything!). Really it boils down to playing your character how you want. Right now I am in heavy armor as a magDK because I want to play more of a "front-line caster" and magDK fits my playstyle (for now).

Try not to worry about all of the stats and just have fun! Now, if you want to be top damage or min/max your character, well that is a different story :)