Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gamemasters on ESO not doing anything!

Hellsdemon169
Hellsdemon169
Soul Shriven
We are told to report cheating and bots when we see them and the emails that we receive state that Elder Scrolls take these matters “ very seriously “ yet when you report bots almost 200+ times I can definitely say without a shadow of a doubt that this is FALSE! I have been playing ESO Online since day one on the Xbox with multiple accounts. The Botting issue only started when the game was available on the Xbox pass. The game being free with the pass is not the real issue, the issue here is for weeks now the Xbox Live community has been reporting bots in Stros M’Kai , Khrnarthi’s Roost, Alikir Desert, and many more places than that. I have video evidence ( almost 28 hours worth ) of bots destroying the game. I have made countless tickets to the ESO help website and yet the Gamemasters are not doing anything to help. Going back to the days of playing World Of Warcraft, if we ever had an issue we could put in a ticket and talk directly to a gamemaster and they would come to you and see the issue at hand and ban the players cheating! @ZOS you have failed all of us on the Xbox Community. You have failed to hear all of us reporting players every day even when we have the proof. You fail to read our feedback reports that we send in telling you that bots are everywhere and that you need to help us with the issue. Down below will be a website link. This link will take you directly to my Mixer Account for Xbox Live. Go to the past clips and you will see a LIVE broadcasted video for ESO Online. @ZOS you can’t say that you are working on this issue anymore when you can submit a ticket on the pc and have a Botting issue taken care of in less than one day! You are letting console players suffer because you don’t want to do your job to protect the servers from bots!

My Mixer Link

www.mixer.com/HellsDemon_X911

Go to the past streams and select the elder scrolls online video.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game being free with the pass is not the real issue, the issue here is for weeks now the Xbox Live community has been reporting bots in Stros M’Kai , Khrnarthi’s Roost, Alikir Desert, and many more places than that. I have video evidence ( almost 28 hours worth ) of bots destroying the game.

Actually, that is the issue, and why I don't want the game to be F2P on any platform. In this case, people who are not paying for the game are consuming the resources of the ToS Team, and ZOS has a higher expense when they want to meet that demand.

On top of that, there is the additional problem that these players are not just the customers of ZOS (without paying), but the customers of Microsoft. The "XBox pass" sounds like Microsoft is saying "go play ESO, on us, have fun!" I have to wonder what the agreement between Microsoft and ZOS says about banning players for ToS, since these people are customer of Microsoft before they are customers of ZOS. Maybe it is Microsoft that has to actually ban them, and who knows how that goes.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos can ban them from the game and stop any account from logging into the game they can't ban the Xbox Live account/gamertag but technically its against Xbox Ones terms of service since they are using 3rd party programs to subvert the game and in some cases modding the console itself which is a no no and will get you banned.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Zos can ban them from the game and stop any account from logging into the game they can't ban the Xbox Live account/gamertag but technically its against Xbox Ones terms of service since they are using 3rd party programs to subvert the game and in some cases modding the console itself which is a no no and will get you banned.

So, report them to Microsoft.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game being free with the pass is not the real issue, the issue here is for weeks now the Xbox Live community has been reporting bots in Stros M’Kai , Khrnarthi’s Roost, Alikir Desert, and many more places than that. I have video evidence ( almost 28 hours worth ) of bots destroying the game.

Actually, that is the issue, and why I don't want the game to be F2P on any platform. In this case, people who are not paying for the game are consuming the resources of the ToS Team, and ZOS has a higher expense when they want to meet that demand.

On top of that, there is the additional problem that these players are not just the customers of ZOS (without paying), but the customers of Microsoft. The "XBox pass" sounds like Microsoft is saying "go play ESO, on us, have fun!" I have to wonder what the agreement between Microsoft and ZOS says about banning players for ToS, since these people are customer of Microsoft before they are customers of ZOS. Maybe it is Microsoft that has to actually ban them, and who knows how that goes.

@lordrichter
    I don't think there is evidence to support what you wrote is the actual problem.
    There is evidence that ZOS isn't taking action...even outside of Xbox One in terms of banning or permanent bans. Someone being a customer of Xbox doesn't have bearing on whether ZOS can or cannot ban them from a ZOS game...that is 100% on ZOS.

One solution is to cap, stop, eliminate the ability to gain EXP, loot, or kills after X number of EXP and kills has occurred in a given area. This could be daily, weekly or permanently...however telling customers that we need to report things that are obvious and existing for years is a direct choice from the developer to ignore or allow such actions.

While I do understand people on Xbox can buy the game under one profile and that allow another gamertag to create a new account and play the base game without buying it...that's also NOT THE ACTUAL ISSUE HERE>

The issue is that many feedback and suggestions are often overlooked, observed with no action, or as the OP states, reports being made without any action or repercussion.

ZOS made the game, designed the game, and adjusted the game for consoles where ZOS agreed to Mircrosoft's development agreements, however...its incorrect to cite Microsoft as the problem when the issue exists just as prevalent outside of Xbox.

ZOS is not perma-banning folks, and I can't confirm or deny if they have the technology to ban IP's but that was one of many suggestions the community has made as well as changing how combat, inactive and idle work to address this. There are even in depth, tech based suggests from community members whose understanding of development far surpass someone like myself...and nothing has occurred.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 15, 2018 2:57PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter
    I don't think there is evidence to support what you wrote is the actual problem.
    There is evidence that ZOS isn't taking action...even outside of Xbox One in terms of banning or permanent bans. Someone being a customer of Xbox doesn't have bearing on whether ZOS can or cannot ban them from a ZOS game...that is 100% on ZOS.

Maybe, maybe not. You've long been the "ZOS is at fault" person on these sorts of subjects, and I tend to be the "Microsoft is also at fault" person. Everything from how often ZOS can update the servers, and at what cost, to how ZOS can treat Microsoft's customers, all should be part of whatever agreement ZOS has with Microsoft. I don't know the terms of the agreement, and I doubt I ever will, but I will continue to give the nod to the possibility that Microsoft shares in problems like this.

As for ZOS not taking action, there is something about the XBox that is different from PC. ZOS is the same. Microsoft is tossed into the equation on the XBox side. This could be from them making it super easy to get into the game, by making it harder for ZOS to get them out of the game, or both. All I know is that, while there are bots on PC, it is nothing like what is described on XBox.

If the game being "free" on XBox is going to cause any ToS Team problems, it is going to be due to botters getting in much easier than on PC. This is going to mean more botters, and that ZOS will have to pay more attention to XBox to resolve the issue. That costs money, and that is the basis for my statement about F2P being the issue.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter

Maybe, maybe not. You've long been the "ZOS is at fault" person on these sorts of subjects, and I tend to be the "Microsoft is also at fault" person. Everything from how often ZOS can update the servers, and at what cost, to how ZOS can treat Microsoft's customers, all should be part of whatever agreement ZOS has with Microsoft. I don't know the terms of the agreement, and I doubt I ever will, but I will continue to give the nod to the possibility that Microsoft shares in problems like this.

As for ZOS not taking action, there is something about the XBox that is different from PC. ZOS is the same. Microsoft is tossed into the equation on the XBox side. This could be from them making it super easy to get into the game, by making it harder for ZOS to get them out of the game, or both. All I know is that, while there are bots on PC, it is nothing like what is described on XBox.

If the game being "free" on XBox is going to cause any ToS Team problems, it is going to be due to botters getting in much easier than on PC. This is going to mean more botters, and that ZOS will have to pay more attention to XBox to resolve the issue. That costs money, and that is the basis for my statement about F2P being the issue.

@lordrichter
    Here are the facts:

-Other developers who have the exact same situation (one buys, others play for free) aren't having these issues and those devs will ban, block, take action on their end outside of Xbox Live.

-Its not an xbox issue, its a ZOS issue - Link to a 2014 post with photos of the PC issue far before Xbox existed
    -There are not an TOS problems preventing ZOS from taking action. See Microsoft Xbox's info specifically Link 2-3

Link 1- https://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/xboxComTOU
    Link 2- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/
    Link 3- https://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/CodeOfConduct

What I can also confirm as fact, Xbox has and is taking action but ZOS has specifically decided that their game reports are not reporting to Xbox too...so those of us who choose to report only to xbox live are seeing impacts whereas those reporting in the game only are not seeing actions taken.
    Example of players taking actions - Here's a guide even - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/94611/spotting-and-killing-goldfarming-bots-updated-details-5-13
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on October 15, 2018 4:10PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »

So, report them to Microsoft.

Sometimes I do both I'll report them in game through the menu and then ill search up there gamertag and report them there too.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree that the bot issue is annoying, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's "destroying the game". That seems a bit much.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen any ESO GMs in-game since the bot apocalypse of 2014 ...
    dry.gif
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

dry.gif

False.. it was the botpocalypse of 2014 ;)
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    dry.gif
    False.. it was the botpocalypse of 2014 ;)

bobocatalyst blobatglademist
    idea.gif