The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS: Apple Mac Bugs

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, confirming we've seen your reports and are investigating why the PTS isn't launching for you.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I deleted the contents of my pts folder in documents->elder scrolls online, and now the pts client launches. I did have the client freeze using command-m to switch between full screen and windowed mode but it otherwise seems functional.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update: cannot use single target abilities on anything, at all, whatsoever. Everything states target is out of range. AOEs work fine and still DPS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by templesus on October 2, 2018 12:52AM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooo... I was so hoping PTS for Mac would be fixed. I've not been able to test ANYTHING out. Totally locked out from testing.

I can confirm ALL the bugs I've listed are all still current (to see all please see previous posts).

Character Creation = Cannot see any character, no matter what template I choose. All I can do is choose a random appearance and press create, then when load up occurs I can see a character.

Colours = Colours of the game are all fine, but colours of the UI HUD are all wrong. For example, green, Blue, Purple, and Gold colours used for armour are all strange colours. Even Nightblades skills (which are all red) are coming out BLUE.

Housing placement = Cannot place items because you cannot see items. If I cannot see or place target dummies, I cannot test.

Trying to use Banker = instant crash

I am using a 27" 5k 2015 iMac with 16GB Ram and running High Sierra.

Am so disheartened I am now unable to use the PTS and will no doubt have to wait another 2 weeks, and all of these changes are HUGE.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW I have no problems lauching... it's just when I am in, nothing is working properly so that I cannot test or use the PTS at all
  • Gattopardo
    Gattopardo
    ✭✭
    Just did an attempt at vet Blackrose Prison. I got all the already named bugs in this thread, plus I also can't rez someone (out of range, even if you standing on top of someone) or do a heavy attack at all. The game also keeps crashing when trying to change any video settings.
    Plus in the 2nd arena, I get hit by something like a projectile/or jumped (the hackwing maybe?) and either pushed into the ground and get stuck, or get pushed through a wall and floating outside until I die, or when not dying, I get ported back into the arena, at the last time this happened before I left the group, even the adds got pushed outside with me as you can see in the picture.

p8zyzq3dkuvv.png

Update (18-10-13): It has gotten better with the new patch, but it is still on the first and the final round of the 2nd arena, I am pretty sure it is caused by the "Dive" attack of the hackwing. I can see the other members of the group getting hit by it, but they don't fall through the walls and ground or get stuck in it (they are on pc); and I appear to them as standing around in the arena while I get shown floating around behind the walls on my screen. They can also revive me while I am stuck in the ground, but I don't get out of it when accepting it.
    The heavy attack bug is still there, and i can't put elemental drain on anything bc of range, or revive someone, or use sigils in the first arena.
    The screen also still freezes when trying to switch from fullscreen to windowed with a key combination instead of the settings menu.
    Edited by Gattopardo on October 12, 2018 10:01PM
  • ethernut60
    ethernut60
    ✭✭
    The client actually consistently launches now. Still cannot visually create a new character as no character is displayed in. the creation interface. Addons actually load now. No noticeable improvement in performance over current live client.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend still cannot heavy attack or use single target direct damage abilities on Mac PTS. Is this something we can find a work around for on our end? Or is this something that ZOS STILL haven't fixed and he/we're stuck unable to test because of it?
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still cannot single target anything. This is week 4. Starting to get ridiculous.
    Edited by templesus on October 8, 2018 9:09PM
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we please have some form of update on this?

Having to sit on my hands for 4 weeks because our healer and 1 dd cannot ele drain, heavy attack or use ANYTHING single target is a frustrating feeling, as we purchased the PC/Mac versions specifically for PTS
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Having to sit on my hands for 4 weeks because our healer and 1 dd cannot ele drain, heavy attack or use ANYTHING single target is a frustrating feeling, as we purchased the PC/Mac versions specifically for PTS

Yes, I too specifically bought the PC/Mac version for the PTS as I am on PS4 console. KInda messed up how this Mac change has completely killed PTS on the Mac.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »

Yes, I too specifically bought the PC/Mac version for the PTS as I am on PS4 console. KInda messed up how this Mac change has completely killed PTS on the Mac.

It's literally driving me mad because we all want in on Blackrose, but ZOS still haven’t fixed the important parts (the gameplay issues).

They fixed the colour issue though lol.

Any updates on this @ZOS_GinaBruno ? You're our only hope for getting this resolved so we can be testing before console goes live
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    I am starting to have a bad feeling about this patch. Note sure we could still play in 2 weeks.
    Ok colors seems to be back, but direct damage cannot still be cast.
    And every time I get out and in of full screen mode, the game froze.

Could not test any further in that situation. So there may be many other bugs awaiting for us.
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karpok wrote: »
    I am starting to have a bad feeling about this patch. Note sure we could still play in 2 weeks.

Could not test any further in that situation. So there may be many other bugs awaiting for us.

I have a bad feeling they actually just killed PTS for Mac and will just announce that PTS is now PC only... :(
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »

I have a bad feeling they actually just killed PTS for Mac and will just announce that PTS is now PC only... :(

The fact that this thread has been mostly ignored thus far is pointing the same way. No word on any of this @ZOS_GinaBruno ? Please help us get these issues fixed. I'm not even on MAC but my healer and DPS are for PTS so #VestedInterests
    Edited by OneKhajiitCrimeWave on October 10, 2018 12:16PM
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO ran beautifully on my iMac (32g Ram, 512g SSD etc) when I tested the PTS earlier in the year.. will check it with the new renderer soon.
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    If the issue is limited to the pts. It will be annoying but you can still play on live.
    But given the bugs we have seen Is the last 2 weeks, I fear we will have majors bugs like soon and won't be able to play at all.
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the issue is limited to the pts. It will be annoying but you can still play on live.
    But given the bugs we have seen Is the last 2 weeks, I fear we will have majors bugs like soon and won't be able to play at all.

Yh this is for PTS though lol... not just talking about playing live. Some of us play console... the point is there is no PTS for cosole so us Mac users bought a copy to be involved in testing. No PTS on Mac = no testing and a wasted copy of software.
  • Cathrisa
    Cathrisa
    Soul Shriven
    Just a small feedback using macOS 10.13.6 and a RX580 graphics as of testing today on PTS:

- Graphics seem fine and smooth, though the framerate seems a little lower than before - doesn't feel like it though.
    - Screen freezes when changing in between windowed and fullscreen mode.
    - Special chars, international chars are displayed wrong.
    - Occasional crashes, though I can't put a specific action/cause to those.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bad feeling about this. The live patch is near and I didn't see an improvement with the last pts... :s
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They don't *Need* to push the new graphics engine live with this patch. The existing opengl client works fine in Mojave for now. Hopefully if it's not fully baked before pts gets pushed to live they just revert the engine changes and wait til the next update.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling about this. The live patch is near and I didn't see an improvement with the last pts... :s

There is a patch today. Maybe check that out?
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Ok there is finally some improvement. The single target ability bug has been fixed.
    Yet the full screen toggle bug is still here. If I use the cmd-M shortcut or the corresponding menu, the game freezes immediately. If I use the eso video setting it goes fine.
    But if in full screen I do a app-switch (end get out of full screen) it crashes again
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok there is finally some improvement. The single target ability bug has been fixed.
    Yet the full screen toggle bug is still here. If I use the cmd-M shortcut or the corresponding menu, the game freezes immediately. If I use the eso video setting it goes fine.
    But if in full screen I do a app-switch (end get out of full screen) it crashes again

This issue should be fixed for the Live patch next week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post