Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need access code to sign in, despite nothing changing on my computer at all for weeks. 5 hours now.

Neonisys
Neonisys
✭✭✭
So, has this happened to anyone else, just need a new access code out of the blue, I've not deleted caches, temporary files etc, my IP address is still the same, hell it's the same connection that's been up for nearly 2 months.

Also why is it taking so long to send the code, been waiting 5 hours now.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens we need to get a new access code from time to time. It may appear nothing has changed by I am pretty sure it is based on IP and that does change without you being aware.

The code should come within minutes. Double check your spam and if using google make sure it is not in promotions or social. Also make sure you are checking the correct email.

After all that see if you can get the game to send you a new code.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE
  • Dribbling_Giant
    hi ive got the same prob. it asks for code and havent had an email. its been almost 24hrs. its still the same pc and acc for game that ive had for 4yrs or more. can someone help me out. please
  • ijames1964
    ijames1964
    ✭✭
    Try senting up your email on your phone, mine takes seconds to come through.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should send in a support ticket if this issue persists, @Neonisys.

Support rarely responds to specific issues posted in the forums without a ticket number.

Be sure to post your ticket number in the thread here.

By the way, 5 hours is a blink of an eye ... especially on the weekend. Set your expectations accordingly.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly too many failed logon attempts from someone brute forcing your account. But more likely something has surely changed you aren’t aware of. You sure your IP didn’t change? Any new hardware?
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens every time I log in. I've gotten use to it to the point that I make sure my email is open in another tab so I have it ready. It took about 5 minutes to get the email.

I will let you know though that a few years ago it did this to me and never sent me the code. After a few months of it not working, Support told me to submit a new email address to them. That was annoying because I only had 1 so I set up a new one & sent it.
    It finally worked after that. But I still get the promo emails on my old email account.
    Annoying and weird.
    But support will help you with it once you submit a ticket. It just takes them a while to get to you