Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do people spend writs on?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you spend your writ vouchers on? I've got like 150 so far and not sure what to spend them on. I see various motifs, crafting dummies, crafting stations, transmute station etc. I've yet to buy a home yet but will soon. Just curious as to what everyone purchases? Do you buy items and then resell them?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lady next to hialu dude sells storage boxes for your house. You can also buy research speed up stuff. Stuff to make dummy’s. Tranny station. I’m saving up.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The order in which I spent on (chronologically) was 3M dummy plan and animus stone; storage boxes; two gilding wax to learn the trait from, the Ebony motif, and currently working on the basic crafting stations to help a bit with inventory management.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I had no idea the lady next to him sold stuff also thanks.

Whats with the Ebony motif? I saw someone selling one I think in zone chat a while back. Nice armor?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storage chests
    crafting tables
    DPS test dummies
    Jewelry research speedups
    Crafting plans.

Basically anything you see at those two vendors and Zos has added items since creating the master writs.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saving mine to buy the next rare thing and sell for gold lol.

Contemplated the xp recipe but didn't realize it wasn't the 150% one doh
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the storage chests.

Guild masters often buy the attunable stations for guild houses.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 12, 2018 5:21PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What do you spend your writ vouchers on? I've got like 150 so far and not sure what to spend them on. I see various motifs, crafting dummies, crafting stations, transmute station etc. I've yet to buy a home yet but will soon. Just curious as to what everyone purchases? Do you buy items and then resell them?

First thing I bought was the full book/motif for Ebony gear. It costs fewer vouchers to buy the full book than it does to buy the pieces. I like the look of it, and most of my characters end up wearing it.

I bought some furnishing stuff and donated it to one of my guilds. I donated master writs to a couple of my guilds so the gms could get the atunable stations. Not entirely altruistic on my part; I hated having to go to IC or run all over the maps to craft gear sets for guildies.

Recently I've been buying Gilding wax to resell. Other than that, not much.

Edited by JKorr on October 12, 2018 5:55PM
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    Attunable blacksmithing station for DLC I didn't have access to at the time, Motif and now Jewelry crafting research and Blacksmithing research scrolls.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmute Station and Ebony Motif were the first two purchases. Now, I just get Recipes.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Items that can be resold for the highest conversion of voucher to gold. Which tend to be a particularly class of items everyone uses every day. And they cost single-digit vouchers for each.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the most part, the writs just sit there. I have about 500 or so.

I'll buy more storage at some point. I was going to buy things to sell, but I figured it is better to hold on to writs for a rainy day since I already have about 6m in gold that just sits there.

Edit: I suppose I should grab the ebony motif others mentioned. Might do that tonight.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on October 12, 2018 7:05PM
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    For the most part, the writs just sit there. I have about 500 or so.

I'll buy more storage at some point. I was going to buy things to sell, but I figured it is better to hold on to writs for a rainy day since I already have about 6m in gold that just sits there.

Edit: I suppose I should grab the ebony motif others mentioned. Might do that tonight.

Yeah with six million you need not waste your time selling research scrolls. Lol
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I buy Research time reduction scrolls. Use some, sell the others.

I also bought a workstation for every craft. Took a while to get the transmute station.

Some of the gold furniture recipes, but no-one buys the furniture :/

Some of the other things to see how they sold, then nothing on a regular basis.
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Attunable crafting stations. I am trying to get all the crafting stations for my main guild. At least starting with all the DLC and chapter stations.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly on patterns and such. I can make gold forever that way. Craft item, toss on the trader, someone buys it, craft another of the item, toss on trader again, etc.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The large problem with the voucher merchants is that everything they sell is a one-time need only.

Furniture recipes? You only need to buy them once.
    Motif? Only need to buy it once.
    Storage? Only need to buy them once.
    Even the transmute station and the various crafting stations are only needed in a finite amount, and most of us have access to guild homes with all the attunable stations anyway.

Which means that I'm currently selling many of the master writs that I do get, and even doing the rest, I'm already sitting on thousands of vouchers. There's literally nothing to spend them on, except buy stuff to resell at guildstores, which doesn't interest me.

In order to make the voucher system more dynamic, ZOS needs to introduce a continually need for more voucher items. That means consumables or high-end crafting materials. So there's a continued sink for vouchers, to match the continued influx of new vouchers. The system is currently very askew, with lots of vouchers running into the system, but very little running out of it. The falling prices on master writs is an indication of that.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, I'll check into the Ebony motifs. I've not gotten into housing to much so far just not that interested at this time, I'm still exploring as a little new at the game.

I agree with Carbonized, I noticed that much of it is one shot items which once you buy everything you want if you continue after that it's just for extra gold or assisting the guild. It seems the choices could be expanded a bit more. Shoot even fishing rods that break once in a while but have an increased chance of catching fish or items would be a nice trick.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do top tier writs on 6 characters every day (well recently had to drop WW as I just can't get a survey to drop and keep running low on mats). I'm not swimming in vouchers. I have about 1200 and I haven't even bought the new furnishing plans. I only recently got all the storage and the plans from the previous update (waited until they were 100 vouchers on his assistant).

MWs are a fickle thing. You can get tons of 5-7 voucher gear writs and slowly build them up, or you can get lucky and pop several 100+ ones. But, I digress, and no I don't need advice on getting MWs.

Back on topic - you may want to consider saving up for some of the housing storage. Even if you aren't into housing, you can get a free inn room to place your storage in. You can only have one set up in your room at a time (unless you have ESO+) but you can set one out, fill it up, put it away (all items are safely stored in the container and can be accessed by putting out the container again), then put out the next one, fill it up, and so on.

There are a few consumables right now, but if you have all research done (or don't care about getting research done ASAP), you can skip the research scrolls. That leaves diminished aetherial dust (if you want to craft some 100% XP potions), gilding wax (if you want to craft speed jewelry for your own use or to sell to others for research), pumice stone (if you want to craft ebony gear - but you can just create an outfit in ebony without needing the style mat), animus stone (to craft target dummies), and that's about it, unless I'm missing something. Certainly, there could be more, but not all of us are swimming in vouchers and thus need a voucher sink.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are some great suggestions Jayne_Doc. I hadn't considered the aetherial dust and guild wax. Thanks!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attunable crafting stations
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually sell an attunable crafting station or two each week for some easy gold. Don’t use them for my own gain or benefit any longer.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought: 3m dummy recipe + stone, basic crafting stations, dye station, a couple storage boxes (bought rest with crowns), ebony motif, some research scrolls. Saving up now, not sure what to buy; the tranny station seems an unnecessary expense.

Paid gold for 6m dummy.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilding Wax
    Gilding Wax
    Gilding Wax

Oh, and if you don't have the house chests yet, I believe this is one of the more cost efficient ways of getting them. Don't use Tel Var.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lusty Argonian Maids
  • PromiscuousNun
    The dummies, that motive thingy and currently, attunable crafting stations. It's alot of rng on the writs, but yep, i'm using them!
    PC -EU
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing worth buying. I sell every master writs I get
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Been saving up for the outfit station for my guild, and I'll put up the dye station we currently have as a prize. Also buy the furnishing docs as prizes. This was after buying the ebony motif book and swift trait for myself.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    go to the mastercraft mediators. ask them
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.