The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

48k mana + 17k health = 1.5k shield... *censored* just remove these skills from the game

Sercisil
Sercisil
✭✭
yes, i'm not kidding

OtwLHfr.png

yes, hardened ward has zero effect, it's not a mistake.

so yep, in the next patch mana dd will be forced to wear ha...
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not called mana here.

also from patchnotes:

Conjured Ward and Annulment will now calculate their damage shield value taking Battle Spirit into account before the shield is capped. This means in Cyrodiil, a player with 20k health will have a shield cap of 8k instead of 4k.
    Known Issue: Tooltips for this are not currently correct.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't say he was in Cyrodiil though ...
    shades.gif

PS: Also, there is another thread claiming that those numbers are not just a tooltip error ...

Edited by SirAndy on October 8, 2018 11:03PM
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol I can hear the nightblades whispering now... "looks good to me! must be working as intended!"
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PathwayM wrote: »
    Lol I can hear the nightblades whispering now... "looks good to me! must be working as intended!"

Imagine their confusion and disappointment when they anticipated one-shot is not happening. Oh the tears on the forums would be priceless :smiley:
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please stop spreading false news. Play the PTS and see it yourself. The shields are good now and in much better shape than that dreadful 1sec cast time.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    > PTS notes say shields will be limited to 40% HP
    > Someone sees tooltip that is way less than 40% HP
    > Someone doesnt think that it is error/bug and assumes that will be the way on live
    > Someone is not bright
    Edited by SodanTok on October 8, 2018 11:42PM
  • Anken5
    Anken5
    ✭✭✭
    A nerf from 30k+ shields to 5-8k is not good... They just destroy high magicka builds. Everyone will play the same way now.
    Can't choose is so frustrating. Personnaly I will just leave the game. I am sad to leave eso like this, because of stupids nerf. But thats life. No reason to continue.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    > PTS notes say shields will be limited to 40% HP
    > Someone sees tooltip that is way less than 40% HP
    > Someone doesnt think that it is error/bug and assumes that will be the way on live
    > Someone is not bright

Thank goodness zos is a top notch dev team and wouldn’t leave major bugs in the game for months or years. Much less leave a class gutted for years without revamping of skills or acknowledgement of how underwhelming it is until the entire player base of said class has disappeared. But yeah man he’s not bright.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anken5 wrote: »
    A nerf from 30k+ shields to 5-8k is not good... They just destroy high magicka builds. Everyone will play the same way now.
    Can't choose is so frustrating. Personnaly I will just leave the game. I am sad to leave eso like this, because of stupids nerf. But thats life. No reason to continue.

Wouldn't everyone be playing the same way before by stacking magicka for dmg and huge shields which is what they aimed to fix. Can I have your things?
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Anken5
    Anken5
    ✭✭✭

Wouldn't everyone be playing the same way before by stacking magicka for dmg and huge shields which is what they aimed to fix. Can I have your things?

Not at all. Many sorcerers don't use 50k+ magicka builds. And when you play a 50k+ magicka build, you already sacrifice dps. Now they just make the high magicka builds useless, and everyone will go for high dps builds.
    Edited by Anken5 on October 9, 2018 12:49AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The tooltip is bugged. It actually gives more than it says.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    He didn't say he was in Cyrodiil though ...
    shades.gif

PS: Also, there is another thread claiming that those numbers are not just a tooltip error ...

Maybe ... but starting a thread without reading the patch notes is higher on the "facepalm" food chain.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL 30k+. No f-in wonder sorcs could keep DPS-ing freely in a shield. Thx for being one of the honest ones. For once.
  • Anken5
    Anken5
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

LOL 30k+. No f-in wonder sorcs could keep DPS-ing freely in a shield. Thx for being one of the honest ones. For once.

You now that you need sacrifice dps if you want a 30k shield ? You cant have both, high dps and huge shields. That why shields nerf was not needed.
    Edited by Anken5 on October 9, 2018 1:45AM
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You now that you need sacrifice dps if you want a 30k shield ? You cant have both, high dps and huge shields. That why shields nerf was not needed.

Sorcs DPS suck tho. So you whole argument is false.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'm fairly sure he was referring to total when shield stacking. And then it would definitely require CP (meaning such a critter would never exist in BGs)

Anyway...

The end result for Shields is actually interesting.not enough to have me bring my sorc outta pve but still interesting
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

Sorcs DPS suck tho. So you whole argument is false.

Hmmm, maybe you're saying nerf sorc.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    In order to hit 30k in shield strength, you'd need ~20% in Bastion (56 CP) and 60k magicka. Other than pure magicka pet builds, I've never seen anyone even approach 60k magicka (and even the pet builds don't hit 60k) in a recommended build, and I've never seen Bastion as a highly-recommended CP purchase. It's maybe 6th in priority, at best.

Thus the only reasonable interpretation of "30k shields" is assuming shield stacking is in play. However if you do that, it's clear that this statement is a blatant misrepresentation of a comparison between the two builds. And that doesn't even get into the issue of resistances applying now, which means you can't directly compare the two shield strengths based on the shield numbers alone.

From my own calculations, Hardened Ward in the new PTS design will provide an overall effective health equivalent to an old 17k health + 42k magicka build when the new build hits 20k health, which requires the sacrifice of roughly 3.2k magicka.

I do hope some actual testing is done to determine the real effects, rather than just panicking about broken tooltips.
    Edited by NyxWrench on October 9, 2018 3:15AM
  • Anken5
    Anken5
    ✭✭✭
    It was not with stacking.
    I have 55k magicka and 100cp in bastion and my hardened ward hit 30k+.

And like i said, this high magicka build will just become useless. Most sorcerers will run with 40k magicka, like they already do now.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭

Conjured Ward and Annulment will now calculate their damage shield value taking Battle Spirit into account before the shield is capped. This means in Cyrodiil, a player with 20k health will have a shield cap of 8k instead of 4k.
    Known Issue: Tooltips for this are not currently correct.

Fully read the patch notes you are interested in more carefully

• rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damage will be higher next patch. A lot of passives are getting buffed, more CP is added, and some good sets.

Instead of being greedy to pull even more damage you might consider allocating some attributes in Health.

I will personally be running on my magicka toons 20-25k health with blue food for that extra shield. Almost no points in bastion because its useless not and instead I will put points into resistances. Basically the damage will be the same with a lot higher suitability.

If you care about shield strength you also might take a look at Ice Heart monster set as with the added resistances it looks like a very good option now.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

He is pretending ZOS doesn't know or understand exactly how his build worked and that it shouldn't have been targeted. There was no way ZOS was going to take away passive dodging and fix the roll dodge window without touching shields, especially not shields at the higher end. Also a 30K stack of shields is pathetic, you haven't seen what is really possible on live...
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sercisil wrote: »
    yes, i'm not kidding

OtwLHfr.png

yes, hardened ward has zero effect, it's not a mistake.

so yep, in the next patch mana dd will be forced to wear ha...

Dude... Whining so hard about it but calling it "Mana"? C'mon.. you're a try-hard! Try harder!
  • NyxWrench
    NyxWrench
    ✭✭✭
    It was not with stacking.
    I have 55k magicka and 100cp in bastion and my hardened ward hit 30k+.

And like i said, this high magicka build will just become useless. Most sorcerers will run with 40k magicka, like they already do now.
    Ah, yep. I made a mistake and used the 1.20 factor for Hardened Ward (new value) instead of 1.23. With that, and max Bastion, you can hit 30k shields with just under 56k magicka. With 20% Bastion, you'd need 58k magicka, rather than the 60k I calculated, which is closer to known magicka values, so I would have started considering it possible.
    Edited by NyxWrench on October 9, 2018 6:55AM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the video showing it's only a tooltip bug. Not the actual values of the shield.

• pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason the persistent problem with malfunctioning tooltips make me think this will add more bugs then features yet again.

Like the nerfs arent bad enough they also have a tendency to break things.
    The big complaint always has been about the shield stacking and now to have even slightly usefull shields we are going to have too or maybe i misunterpreted it.

It almost feel like wroble and his gang are a bunch of trolls tbh, nobody can be this clueless.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    As for my templar PVE dps its harness magicka had a shield value being around 13-14k-ish on live. With the 17,5k in dungeons and 18,6k in trials (with ebon around), new values will be around 8750 & 9300. It's a nerf but this definitely seems doable for me, at least not as bad as how the situation used to be on earlier pts stages.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on October 9, 2018 8:00AM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sercisil wrote: »
    yes, i'm not kidding

OP does seem to be kidding or forgot to actually use the skill on the PTS for proper testing.

First, Hardened ward is clearly bugged. But OP is talking about the light armor shield as well. Empowering ward and the base skill are not bugged.

Also, the patch notes mentioned there is a tooltip error which is what OP is showing.

For a normal magicka build of 17kl health and 48k magicka

Hardened Ward tooltip of 0. As mentioned it is bugged
    actual shield of 0

Empowering Ward
    Tooltip 1,255
    Actual 7,088

Dampen Magicka
    Tooltip 1,561
    Actual 8,578

Harness Magicka
    Tooltip 1,100
    Actual 6,822

Mostly in line with the performance last week except for the tooltip error and Dampen magicka now grants the added shield strength per piece of light armor worn. Above is with 7 light.

FYI. testing with higher health and it also shows the Hardened Ward is an error with the new formula.

In one build with 27k health and 38k magicka I get a

Hardened Ward
    tooltip 1,195,
    Actual 14k.
    Dampen Magicka
    Tooltip 1,239
    Actual 13,637
    Edited by idk on October 9, 2018 7:58AM