The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The slow death of solo pvp / PTS feedback

eso_lags
eso_lags
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
You guys over at zos have been murdering solo pvp since one tamriel. Death by a thousand cuts. Every update you do something that hurts solo players more than anyone else. And while at the time it may not seem like a big deal it is when you look at the past. Stuff like the immovable nerf. Ya it was only a few seconds but who does it hurt the most? Regardless now we have some more things to look forward to. At least the few solo players that are even willing to go at it solo..

Expedition. Youve given expedition a blanket nerf. Why? Well because you put swift into the game and then we had ridiculous swift builds. So instead of either removing swift, or trying the nerf that you've given it, youve nerfed expedition. This will hurt solo players most. It may not be a huge deal but its still a nerf to solo..

Forward Momentum: Reduced the duration of the snare immunity from this ability to 4 seconds from 8 seconds.

Yet another nerf to solo. Why would you do this?! This one is just un real to me because it is such a blatant slap in the face to the abused solo pvp community (what little there is).. This is so unnecessary. What you should have done was BUFFED shuffle. Shuffle has been so bad compared to FM. But at least it was something for people who could manage to run it. This nerf was one that really agitated me, mainly because of how you guys always think to nerf something instead of buff the couple similar skills in the game.

Do you know what a stamplar is so OP in this game? Well they have a spammable, strong attack. They have very high burst with POTL. But mainly its the snares. The snares make fighting a stamplar so unbearable. Its honestly, imo, what makes them so strong. Especially if you're playing a certain build. It makes them VERY hard to hit and allows them to dance around you, attacking, while you are literally walking at the speed of a turtle. Snares are very strong in this game and you need solid snare immunity, ESPECIALLY IN SOLO PVP! Please, revert this change and buff shuffle.

Heres another mistake. The sets.
  • Reduced the duration of the Major Expedition buff granted from some item sets to 8 seconds from 20 seconds. The affected item sets include:
  • Dreugh King Slayer
  • Quick Serpent
  • Vicious Serpent

Then with lekis
  • Leki's Focus: The damage reduction no longer stacks additively with Minor/Major Evasion.

Zos.. Please.. Who uses these sets in pvp?! Not many people. Not many at all. MAYBE dreugh king slayer but the other sets? And is speed broken in pve? No. Its broken in pvp and its only
since you put in swift. A blanket nerf is not the answer.

As for lekis... Well i guess i just wasted some gold getting this set ready to use as a back bar set on my stam sorc. That sucks. But regardless this is a terrible change. You've taken a set that nearly no one uses and made it so the ONLY chance it had to be good is now gone. It would have been useful to stack with blade cloak or shuffle. But now its just a worse version of shuffle or blade cloak that reduces your healing (something that is VERY important in pvp). I mean AT LEAST take away the healing debuff.. Then it would be a way for players to get major evasion without shuffle or blade cloak.. In fact, that might be the best way to go. The healing debuff is ridiculous.

Impregnable: Reduced the maximum bonus of this item set’s Critical Resistance to 2000 with 5 pieces of gold quality from 2500.
-This set was reducing damage far more than any other set in the game and limiting gear diversity for defensive sets. This change still retains the power of the set while bringing it more in line with other defensive sets, since this still only reduces damage from Critical Strikes rather than all damage taken.

I dont have a huge issue with the change to impreg but i think what you're saying is wrong. Ive tested fortified brass vs impreg against people in the past and found that it is very similar.. I think brass actually made me more tanky. But i might have been testing it against the wrong people, i dont know. I just know that, on my recap in many duels, the damage was similar when i wore brass or impreg.

Anyway, please stop with the blanket nerfs. Please listen to players who play every day and care about the game just as much as you guys @ zos. And please stop with this slow, painful, hard to watch, death by a thousand cuts, death of solo pvp. Please.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah man 50% AoE reduction from Jabs, DBoS, Leap, and tons of other common abilities totally won't break the game for some classes..

Come on
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah man 50% AoE reduction from Jabs, DBoS, Leap, and tons of other common abilities totally won't break the game for some classes..

Come on

How about a 55% damage reduction ...? Because with these new dual wield weapons coming in murkmire and with the stamplars new ultimate (for example, there are plenty of other skills with this buff) they will be getting major protection and major evasion. So tell me how thats not worse since that will be a 25% reduction to aoes and 30% to all damage... They will be able to keep it up nearly 100% of the time between their ultimate and blade cloak with the new DW.

Please explain the difference to me, id love to hear it.

Regardless i said that they should probably make lekis 5 pc just major evasion without the heal debuff. At least then it might be used.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I know is that my heavy stamblade is just gonna get stronger.. Shorter mark duration, and now, what I can't dodge or cloak will do 25% less damage!
    I didn't run swift or expedition pots anyway, and the duration nerf to my major expedition skill is much less of a nerf than on most other classes!

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They nerfed Viper Sting and made it Viper String! Oh, nvm ... that was some time ago. :*
    Edited by Maryal on October 7, 2018 8:34AM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »

Come on

How about a 55% damage reduction ...? Because with these new dual wield weapons coming in murkmire and with the stamplars new ultimate (for example, there are plenty of other skills with this buff) they will be getting major protection and major evasion. So tell me how thats not worse since that will be a 25% reduction to aoes and 30% to all damage... They will be able to keep it up nearly 100% of the time between their ultimate and blade cloak with the new DW.

Regardless i said that they should probably make lekis 5 pc just major evasion without the heal debuff. At least then it might be used.

They can both be bad things at the same time. Glad Lekis won't stack additively and think it's broken to let Blade Cloak with the new weapons give 55% AoE reduction. Can you imagine all 3 if Lekis was additive? Agree they could just make Lekis give Evasion but I don't like the new Evasion buff to begin with. It's an overpowered mechanic and the Black Rose DW weps just make it worse.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    All I know is that my heavy stamblade is just gonna get stronger.. Shorter mark duration, and now, what I can't dodge or cloak will do 25% less damage!
    I didn't run swift or expedition pots anyway, and the duration nerf to my major expedition skill is much less of a nerf than on most other classes!

Heavy stamblades are aids. And im guessing, even without dodge chance in heavy, they are going to be much stronger from the evasion change. But ya i dont care about the change to swift. Id rather them get rid of it completely. No one complained much about speed before swift. Im just aggravated they blanket nerf speed instead of focusing on the issue.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Come on

They can both be bad things at the same time. Glad Lekis won't stack additively and think it's broken to let Blade Cloak with the new weapons give 55% AoE reduction. Can you imagine all 3 if Lekis was additive? Agree they could just make Lekis give Evasion but I don't like the new Evasion buff to begin with. It's an overpowered mechanic and the Black Rose DW weps just make it worse.

Ya sure it might be a broken buff but players were already able to get this buff with blade cloak. And ya it probably wouldnt be good if those things could stack. But it should defiantly lose the heal debuff because it would actually make the set somewhat useful (if the changes to evasion go through.)

Idk, regardless i think they are and have been moving in a bad direction with this game. So many cool changes that they make to the game but so many bad changes to combat that hurt pvp and hurt solo play the most.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Heavy stamblades are aids. And im guessing, even without dodge chance in heavy, they are going to be much stronger from the evasion change. But ya i dont care about the change to swift. Id rather them get rid of it completely. No one complained much about speed before swift. Im just aggravated they blanket nerf speed instead of focusing on the issue.

Aids? *Sniff*. I'm only playing it because I didn't like the cancer accusations from playing magsorc, and didn't want to be a despised gankblade or hated snipe-spammer..
    How about my stamplar? Is that considered healthy?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Aids? *Sniff*. I'm only playing it because I didn't like the cancer accusations from playing magsorc, and didn't want to be a despised gankblade or hated snipe-spammer..

lol im sorry. I try not to complain about what people play. If i dont like it I just wont fight it. And no matter what you play someone will have an issue with it... So I take it back, its not aids. Ill just leave it at this; any class with very high burst damage, and dodge chance, while in heavy armor is extremely strong. But im sure its fun playing it.
    Edited by eso_lags on October 7, 2018 11:49AM
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the same time, after every update there's always a few over-performing meta builds that's able to 1vX or solo with ease. Always something that didn't get nerfed as hard(as everything else) and in combination with some new broken sets&skills, you can do whatever as long as you adapt.

It's a shame though that you need to follow fotm and some semi-broken stuff, just to be successful outside if zerging.

But who knows, in the future you might not be able to do even that. Amount of solo roaming options have noticeably decreased over time. Few years ago you had a dozen builds to pick from. Can't say the same for Nerfmire.

Reason why they nerf solo is pretty obvious. To solo you need to be able to play and win outnumbered, by either avoiding direct dmg+cc or just soaking the dmg, while simultaneously getting kills.

If you're able to do those things, it's only natural that developers thinks the skills+sets being used are to strong. They also wont take things like player individual skill into account, which results in stuff being nerfed to hard.

• IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »

Reason why they nerf solo is pretty obvious. To solo you need to be able to play and win outnumbered, by either avoiding direct dmg+cc or just soaking the dmg, while simultaneously getting kills.

If you're able to do those things, it's only natural that developers thinks the skills+sets being used are to strong. They also wont take things like player individual skill into account, which results in stuff being nerfed to hard.

It's not natural for people to think that. Why? Because people who actually play the game or any game for that matter would know that it's not just the sets after trying it on.

For every build video out there, people replicate the exact same build and then get upset that they cant 1v6 in Cyro. If the developers don't take player skill into consideration, then they are simply idiots.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can u pm ur build? My stamblade is a classic medium armor one and sometimes I still run out of stam in bg. Even with bone pirate as wood elf
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mr_wazzabi
    No need to pm it. I'm no expert on stamblade, so I'm sure there are better builds, so happy to post here.
    I only play in CP campaigns, but I'm sure it's tweakable for no-cp, at the cost of a bit of weapon damage.

Argonian (must-have)
    Clever Alch
    Shacklebreaker
    Troll king.
    DW/2-hander.
    Masters DW would be better if you have them for the bleeds (clever alch 2h).
    3x infused jewels with potion cooldown enchants.
    Armour is mostly impen with a little well-fitted.
    Warrior mundus, dubious or lava-foot food.

It's a definite brawler build. I play it on the cheap with mostly AP stam pots, but if you have the resources, a good selection of crafted pots makes it stronger.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame though that you need to follow fotm and some semi-broken stuff, just to be successful outside if zerging.

But who knows, in the future you might not be able to do even that. Amount of solo roaming options have noticeably decreased over time. Few years ago you had a dozen builds to pick from.

So true

Most of the games I put time into and get good at I eventually begin running weaker builds/loadouts to challenge myself and keep my interest. That’s not really the case with ESO pvp. I don’t enjoy zerging or really even organized group fighting. It’s next to impossible to X without fotm sets and builds but I’ve tried it before. I once made a speedy build on my stam sorc, Coward’s Gear and Prisoner’s Rags. Most fun I’ve had in a while. I even won in a few 1vX’s against 2 or 3 players. But it’s not effective at all unless you’re fighting utter potatoes
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭

Come on

The dual wield black rose weapons aren't 55% actually, it's 47.5% because those buffs are multiplicative not additive.
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mr_wazzabi
    No need to pm it. I'm no expert on stamblade, so I'm sure there are better builds, so happy to post here.
    I only play in CP campaigns, but I'm sure it's tweakable for no-cp, at the cost of a bit of weapon damage.

Argonian (must-have)
    Clever Alch
    Shacklebreaker
    Troll king.
    DW/2-hander.
    Masters DW would be better if you have them for the bleeds (clever alch 2h).
    3x infused jewels with potion cooldown enchants.
    Armour is mostly impen with a little well-fitted.
    Warrior mundus, dubious or lava-foot food.

It's a definite brawler build. I play it on the cheap with mostly AP stam pots, but if you have the resources, a good selection of crafted pots makes it stronger.

Aaaa argonian. I'll need to grind a new toon 4 that.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But who knows, in the future you might not be able to do even that. Amount of solo roaming options have noticeably decreased over time. Few years ago you had a dozen builds to pick from.

So true

Most of the games I put time into and get good at I eventually begin running weaker builds/loadouts to challenge myself and keep my interest. That’s not really the case with ESO pvp. I don’t enjoy zerging or really even organized group fighting. It’s next to impossible to X without fotm sets and builds but I’ve tried it before. I once made a speedy build on my stam sorc, Coward’s Gear and Prisoner’s Rags. Most fun I’ve had in a while. I even won in a few 1vX’s against 2 or 3 players. But it’s not effective at all unless you’re fighting utter potatoes

YES this is what it has become. Not playing the strongest class of a meta or playing a non meta build and going out and soloing with it used to be viable but now its just not. If you want to do that you need to be playing the meta on a strong class.

Why would i bother with my stam sorc when i could hop on a stamblade with a lot more damage, from class buffs and passives, and run a similar build as my stam sorc.

But even still between the terrible performance and the many MANY nerfs to solo over time, it just seems like its not worth it to even try anymore. And its sad, it really is. Most people i see, who used to solo, are running AT LEAST a 2 person if not 3 or 4 person group now. Because even one more person makes all the difference. But even still, with the way the game is now, its even hard in those groups.

The zergs are much bigger, the lag is much worse, and so many nerfs have come to the game that have hurt solo pvp the most. But since so little people solo im sure zos doesnt care.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PathwayM wrote: »

Come on

The dual wield black rose weapons aren't 55% actually, it's 47.5% because those buffs are multiplicative not additive.

well im not the best at math and have no idea how you figured that out. Im guessing through some forum page or through your own testing. So ill have to take your word for it. But regardless its still solid.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the same time, after every update there's always a few over-performing meta builds that's able to 1vX or solo with ease. Always something that didn't get nerfed as hard(as everything else) and in combination with some new broken sets&skills, you can do whatever as long as you adapt.

But who knows, in the future you might not be able to do even that. Amount of solo roaming options have noticeably decreased over time. Few years ago you had a dozen builds to pick from. Can't say the same for Nerfmire.

IAVITNI wrote: »

It's not natural for people to think that. Why? Because people who actually play the game or any game for that matter would know that it's not just the sets after trying it on.

For every build video out there, people replicate the exact same build and then get upset that they cant 1v6 in Cyro. If the developers don't take player skill into consideration, then they are simply idiots.

But like i said, its death by a thousand cuts. I think people, and certainly the devs, forget how much the little things REALLY matter in this game. The smallest change can really ruin a build or class or play style. And when you have countless small changes that impact solo the most of course its going to destroy that play style.

Even when it comes to stats. The smallest change to your build can make a big difference. And sometimes thats not the case, sure, but sometimes it is. Just depends on the build i guess.

The nerf to forward momentum is going to suck. Especially considering theres no more dodge chance. So while i might have survived because i dodged a 15k spectral bow, that wont happen now. Yes the new evasion is going to make people tanky against aoes but there is still a lot of direct damage in the game, like the spectral bow or dawnbreakers first hit.

This makes me think a lot of people might go to heavy to compensate for losing the shuffle dodge. Plus you can still get evasion with dual wield. And even some medium armor builds would still use FM because shuffle needed a buff with snare immunity. It wasnt that FM needed a nerf. Like i said before, one of the things that makes stamplars so strong is just how much they snare you. You cant move and that leaves you vulnerable.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol I hope people see this and think stamplar is strong next patch, they’ll be in for a rude awakening.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change to forward momentum is just poorly thought out. I get it, it's cheaper to change one abilities timer than actually put some design behind another change.

The issue here is two fold-

1. Snares are in nearly every build. Some with easy 100% up-time.
    2. Snares are attached to dps skills instead of utility.

This usually isn't much of an issue in small scale as all parties can generally keep each other snared. However, pugs vs zerg or while 1vXing this is going to be a huge issue.

I mean these groups have dedicated Purge and or Rapids bots so this change doesn't really effect them. But make no mistake, for the guy trying to get out of their way or running from 5+ this change will be devastating.

For crimeny sake, just buff shuffle to match FM's immunity and leave FM, major expedition alone. Heck even remove swift or change it.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Lol I hope people see this and think stamplar is strong next patch, they’ll be in for a rude awakening.

The point of this thread wasnt really about stamplar. But regardless stamplar is a strong class and is only getting buffed. Unless i missed something there is no reason they should be weaker next update. But please let me know why im wrong..

Sure theyre losing, i think, minor vitality and maybe something else from the rune? But the sustain is equal to, again i think, 600 recovery. Thats A LOT. You can make up for the healing. Plus im sure we will see some ult regen builds that keep that major protection, that the new ultimate will give, up nearly all of the time.

Stamplar is a class with healing passives, purify, class spammable damage skills, class damage ult, healing ult, debuffs, snares, bigger resistance buffs than other classes, and a pretty big burst tool with power of the light. Also with the new rune they will have high sustain. I think they will be fine.

• eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    The change to forward momentum is just poorly thought out. I get it, it's cheaper to change one abilities timer than actually put some design behind another change.

The issue here is two fold-

1. Snares are in nearly every build. Some with easy 100% up-time.
    2. Snares are attached to dps skills instead of utility.

This usually isn't much of an issue in small scale as all parties can generally keep each other snared. However, pugs vs zerg or while 1vXing this is going to be a huge issue.

I mean these groups have dedicated Purge and or Rapids bots so this change doesn't really effect them. But make no mistake, for the guy trying to get out of their way or running from 5+ this change will be devastating.

For crimeny sake, just buff shuffle to match FM's immunity and leave FM, major expedition alone. Heck even remove swift or change it.

exactly. They always go to nerfing things and they never think of the small scale player. The player who is trying to fit everything into one build just to play alone. And last time i checked this was "supported" by zos. I think they even have a section on the forums with solo pvp in the name.

They dont realize how bad they hurt solo with their changes. Builds need to be able to counter a lot, in whatever way they do, and also be able to heal, deal solid damage, and sustain. This nerf is just going to hinder people. I mean im used to it, ive been used to it. They always sacrifice solo pvp because they want to nerf certain builds in the game. It all started with the removal of the cost reduction CP tree and proc sets being introduced into the game.. Its only been downhill from there. Countless small nerfs that hurt solo players more than anyone else.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The point of this thread wasnt really about stamplar. But regardless stamplar is a strong class and is only getting buffed. Unless i missed something there is no reason they should be weaker next update. But please let me know why im wrong..

Sure theyre losing, i think, minor vitality and maybe something else from the rune? But the sustain is equal to, again i think, 600 recovery. Thats A LOT. You can make up for the healing. Plus im sure we will see some ult regen builds that keep that major protection, that the new ultimate will give, up nearly all of the time.

Stamplar is a class with healing passives, purify, class spammable damage skills, class damage ult, healing ult, debuffs, snares, bigger resistance buffs than other classes, and a pretty big burst tool with power of the light. Also with the new rune they will have high sustain. I think they will be fine.

1. Losing Minor Vitality and Minor Protection - Major defensive nerfs
    2. The changes to Major Evasion mean that every NB and every person in medium armor(roughly 75% of Cyrodiil) is going to mitigate Stamplar's main spammable as well as Ultimate by an extra 25%
    3. The nerf to dodge roll means medium armor stamplar is going to be even squishier vs projectiles, especially snipe

A couple things key things missed as well, the rune is equivalent to 480 Regen, but will in turn cost about 1400 stamina, so roughly 7 seconds of the rune is negated by that fact. Meaning its only 480 Regen for about 13 seconds. Not nearly as much sustain as people are making it out to be. Also, the minor protection being attached to jabs is a significant nerf and in no scenario where you need to play defensive(where its utilized most) will you ever have uptime on it. And in regards to Major Protection, I do not understand why people are acting like this is being added to Stamplar's toolkit? My best guess is it has to be people who literally don't know the class. It has already existed for several patches in the form of Remembrance, you can simply animation cancel it if needed and get 10 seconds of major protection. No semi-decent stamplar is going to use Empowering Sweep as an offensive ultimate over dawnbreaker.

Like I said, people are going to have a rude awakening playing stamplar next patch. Nerfs are hitting us very hard.
    Edited by templesus on October 8, 2018 6:39AM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2. The changes to Major Evasion mean that every NB and every person in medium armor(roughly 75% of Cyrodiil) is going to mitigate Stamplar's main spammable as well as Ultimate by an extra 25%
    3. The nerf to dodge roll means medium armor stamplar is going to be even squishier vs projectiles, especially snipe

A couple things key things missed as well, the rune is equivalent to 480 Regen, but will in turn cost about 1400 stamina, so roughly 7 seconds of the rune is negated by that fact. Meaning its only 480 Regen for about 13 seconds. Not nearly as much sustain as people are making it out to be. Also, the minor protection being attached to jabs is a significant nerf and in no scenario where you need to play defensive(where its utilized most) will you ever have uptime on it. And in regards to Major Protection, I do not understand why people are acting like this is being added to Stamplar's toolkit? My best guess is it has to be people who literally don't know the class. It has already existed for several patches in the form of Remembrance, you can simply animation cancel it if needed and get 10 seconds of major protection. No semi-decent stamplar is going to use Empowering Sweep as an offensive ultimate over dawnbreaker.

Like I said, people are going to have a rude awakening playing stamplar next patch. Nerfs are hitting us very hard.

You're looking at it completely wrong. See this is what happens when you play a strong class. You think everything is the end of the world. Meanwhile stam sorc sit where they have been for god knows how long and does just fine.

First of all i didnt know about dodge roll changes but i play a medium armor stam sorc so im sure it will hit me harder since i have zero healing passives.

Second it doesnt matter all that much that the rune costs 1400 stam. Sacrificing 1400 stam to get that recovery is more useful than the 1400 stam you had to begin with. Same reason people use lich and not warlock. And I thought i read that it restores like 300 stam every second? if thats the case then i believe that is roughly equal to 600 recovery.. But im guessing you're subtracting from that because of the cost? No.

Also, stamplars only lost minor vitality. I thought i was protection and vitality but protection is still there so its really not that bad.

And yes, losing spear wall is a nerf but you're wrong about the protection not being useful. If you want to use it defensively you ccan use shards or the shield. Otherwise not much has changed.

And you are wrong about the ultimate too. Ive tested the damage of dawnbreaker and sweep. It is similar. Very similar. All you're really losing is the stun. Maybe in solo pvp that might matter but for most people, and in bgs, groups, or duels, that ultimate will be very useful. Its not even comparable to remembrance in any way. Remembrance is a healing ultimate and does not deal around the same damage as dawnbreaker, cost 72 ultimate, and now give major protection!

The last thing here i can agree with a little bit. Evasion will make people more tanky for a templars jabs. But that is already available with blade cloak. And many people are using blade cloak.

I guess i just look at it a bit different. I play stamplar but i main stam sorc and i always think that if i can do it on a stam sorc then any class can do it. Stamplars have huge damage and very good skills for surviving. Now they will have more. And even if everything you said was the way it was, and its not, they would still have a lot to offer.

Edited by eso_lags on October 8, 2018 12:43PM
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're looking at it completely wrong. See this is what happens when you play a strong class. You think everything is the end of the world. Meanwhile stam sorc sit where they have been for god knows how long and does just fine.

First of all i didnt know about dodge roll changes but i play a medium armor stam sorc so im sure it will hit me harder since i have zero healing passives.

Second it doesnt matter all that much that the rune costs 1400 stam. Sacrificing 1400 stam to get that recovery is more useful than the 1400 stam you had to begin with. Same reason people use lich and not warlock. And I thought i read that it restores like 300 stam every second? if thats the case then i believe that is roughly equal to 600 recovery.. But im guessing you're subtracting from that because of the cost? No.

Also, stamplars only lost minor vitality. I thought i was protection and vitality but protection is still there so its really not that bad.

And yes, losing spear wall is a nerf but you're wrong about the protection not being useful. If you want to use it defensively you ccan use shards or the shield. Otherwise not much has changed.

And you are wrong about the ultimate too. Ive tested the damage of dawnbreaker and sweep. It is similar. Very similar. All you're really losing is the stun. Maybe in solo pvp that might matter but for most people, and in bgs, groups, or duels, that ultimate will be very useful. Its not even comparable to remembrance in any way. Remembrance is a healing ultimate and does not deal around the same damage as dawnbreaker, cost 72 ultimate, and now give major protection!

The last thing here i can agree with a little bit. Evasion will make people more tanky for a templars jabs. But that is already available with blade cloak. And many people are using blade cloak.

I guess i just look at it a bit different. I play stamplar but i main stam sorc and i always think that if i can do it on a stam sorc then any class can do it. Stamplars have huge damage and very good skills for surviving. Now they will have more. And even if everything you said was the way it was, and its not, they would still have a lot to offer.

You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about lol. You don’t even know how the abilities work. It’s 120 stamina every .5 seconds, and crescent sweep in live =\= empowering sweep on pts. You’re losing 66% damage with the crescent morph being given to Magicka. It is no longer a viable offensives ult (there’s a reason magplars didn’t run it).

I would impede you to actually get to know the inner workings of the class before making comments insinuating you know what you’re talking about. “i believe that is roughly equal to 600 recovery.. But im guessing you're subtracting from that because of the cost? No.” ~ is a completely asinine statement to say when you don’t even know what you’re not talking about and just makes you look foolish.

Then on top of it all you said use shards or blazing shield on stamplar for 3 seconds of minor protection. Oh brother. People like you are the reason that zenimax doesn’t receive quality feedback.
    Edited by templesus on October 8, 2018 3:39PM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about lol. You don’t even know how the abilities work. It’s 120 stamina every .5 seconds, and crescent sweep in live =\= empowering sweep on pts. You’re losing 66% damage with the crescent morph being given to Magicka. It is no longer a viable offensives ult (there’s a reason magplars didn’t run it).

I would impede you to actually get to know the inner workings of the class before making comments insinuating you know what you’re talking about. “i believe that is roughly equal to 600 recovery.. But im guessing you're subtracting from that because of the cost? No.” ~ is a completely asinine statement to say when you don’t even know what you’re not talking about and just makes you look foolish.

Then on top of it all you said use shards or blazing shield on stamplar for 3 seconds of minor protection. Oh brother. People like you are the reason that zenimax doesn’t receive quality feedback.

So then correct me about it.. I said i wasnt sure and im not afraid to admit if im wrong. But you still ignored what i said at the end. Even if everything you said was true the class would still be fine. This is what happens when you're used to playing a very strong class.. Its rare that nerfs will make a class garbage.. Something like the shield nerf would have probably made sorcs trash but the stuff you're talking about is not going to do that..

Also you are talking about stuff on the pts. I dont study the patch notes and i mainly play on xbox. I also play on pc but i dont spend a lot of time on the pts.. I think i spent a couple hours going through the classes so you'll have to forgive me that i forgot the exact numbers of the stamina that the new rune restores... And its not an asinine statement when i said "im guessing" and "roughly equal to", Calm down..

The new rune is strong either way. 120 every .5s huh.. Ya defiantly strong. Defiantly worth the initial cast.

Now if you are correct about crescent sweep then I can agree with you. If its lost its 66% damage then its a stupid change.. Maybe it will have a place with certain builds but idk. If this is the case they should have just given both morphs the damage and lost the protection.

But heres where you lose me again. Like i said to you i play stam sorc. If i can play my class you should be able to play yours next update. I said shards and the shield were options. Its called adapting to changes. IF you want the protection slot the shield. If your a stamplar throw a javelin.. But do you need minor protection? Does every class have minor protection? Do you still have other defenses? A few other defenses? Answer those questions. Its not the end of the world. Its not going to make things terrible.

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried stamplar in pvp heavy and medium. I sucked at stamplar. Its a nice class but fm are they slow. Even in medium you can hardly kite worth sht. I prefer my stamsorc in heavy I can take more damage I can outrun /Streak almost anyone and also kill easier then with stamplar. I played Stblade first an I guess I'm used to beeing mobile. So I guess I'll stick to stamsorc I like this class alot and I'm getting better and better at it. But soo pvp is tough nowadays 90% of the time your running from some farming groups (we only fight vs zergs ahahahah :-1: )
    I think that with a halfwhat decent spammable stamsorc would be far superior to stamplar just be because that stamsorcs can handle perma roots and snares way better then stamplar can.
    What usually kills me most when running solo is siege(when your in a tower and they set up 3 meatbag and sorc mines/mages guild mines in the middle Etage) then Ultidumps (those 3-5 man's who only fight zergs or so they say) and last loading screens or 10 sec freezes mid combat.
    To play alone you need a very thick skin and a good sense of humor nowadays otherwise you'll end up with a few broken controllers...
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forums are the forum for solo pvp. Slot the Nerf-classes-and-skills-I-don't-use-but-still-think-my-feedback-is-well-informed-and-robust set and you're good to go.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JAwtunes you'll have to elaborate further on that m8 I have no clue what you are on about
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.