The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CONSTANT (10+ times per day) CE-34878-0 error and infinite load screeens

Cortimi
Cortimi
✭✭✭✭✭
Something seriously got broken last maintenance. It took half an hour to get a character loaded today, just for the game to freeze with error CE-34878-0, as usual. The CE error happens totally at random. Usually when trying to equip a piece of armor, trying to smith something, trying to look in the bank, opening my inventory, and the latest, trying to kill a ghost out in the middle of BFE. Since last maintenance, I have submitted 23 (and counting) error reports from this game crashing. No other game EVER (not even once) has thrown this error.

Also, I am getting stuck in infinite load screens now at least 5 times per day. Trying to enter my housing, trying to port into quest instances in Vvardenfell (Cave of Incarnate and Skar), trying to load into Vivec. The key thing here is, after force closing the app (only choice at this point) and restarting, it reloads you in the place you WERE, and not the place you were TRYING to get to, which means the client isn't even trying to load the new instance, it is failing to communicate properly with the server and getting stuck.

The BG queue is also randomly breaking at points, getting stuck on "forming group", "waiting for 1 player" for 20 minutes and so forth.

Please, pretty please, do not be so lazy and arrogant as to say that this is a "Sony issue" and to look for support with them. Because first of all, this error code is a generic application crash response. That means the program did something it wasn't supposed to, and hung itself. So blaming Sony for your poor coding is like blaming McDonald's for you getting fat, it was YOUR poor choices that led to this outcome. Yes my game is up to date (obviously, this is an MMO, it has to be up to date), yes my system software is up to date, it has to be to play online. So right there, the biggest two cop outs found on the FAQ page are ruled out.

All of these issues are present on my wife's PS4 as well, and started at the exact same time. There was not, nor has there been, any system software changes released by Sony since the start of these issues.
Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
Urvoth wrote: »
CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone on ps4 na has the same issue since 7th oct patch, and ZOS is not even aware still after 2 days, we posted so many threads on forum and it’s Monday they still not even aware. I’ve no idea how do we get our message across, or do they never touch ps4 to test or play but only few times a year?? It’s pretty bad service given ps4 na is the most populated eso platform.
    You’re basically asking everyone to stand in game and can’t queue bg or dungeon or port to house, or re zone, all means a crash and relog in then crash again. I’ve played the game everyday for 3 years now, and I know what’s broken and what’s not @zos.
    Also what’s the patch for on 7th October? It’s only server down on ps4 na as well, would be good to know what was that patch for.
    Edited by akl77 on October 9, 2018 1:43AM
    Pc na
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed four more times today since posting this, twice not even a second after a character load (Vivec City), and another infinite load screen.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve had long load screens, lag, and game completely freezing at times ever since the 7th of October maintenance.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have closed this thread as there is already an ongoing thread here to discuss loading issues since the last maintenance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.