Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are the Dwemer really gone?

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
How much is actually known about the dwemer's disappearance? Could they of been transported to a different realm? What if there's others like the guy who survived by being in a different real?
  • Crumorn
    Crumorn
    ✭✭✭
    A thousand theories of what could and could not have happened to the Dwemer exist.

I believe in the theory they were trying to animate the Numidium and bring it to life but due to the War of the Red Kagrenac became rushed and abruptly without the proper research or preparations attempted the ritual.
    The interesting thing is that he succeed and did it right however due to Yagrum Bagarn not being in the proper plane of existence and the ritual requiring all Dwemer it failed. The Dwemer wanted to acend to gods, and Kagrenac did that for them placing them inside the very god they worshiped and created, but without the last Dwemer Yagrum being present it failed and when he returned the ritual was long passed and the Dwemer gone.

As a quote from Sotha Sil
    "You wonder where the Dwemer have gone? Perhaps better to wonder why one remains."

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should probably review the lore from TES III Morrowind, wherein the Archmage of the Mages Guild send you on a quest to discover the answer to the disappearance of the Dwemer.

He's actually setting you up to fail and embarrass yourself, but unfortunately for him, you do find out an answer (of sorts) and if you want to, eventually duel him and take his job.

Quest:
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Mystery_of_the_Dwarves

Other than Arniel Gane's attempt in Skyrim to recreate the disappearance of the Dwemer with a depowered Keening, the games really don't expand much on what you found in Morrowind, leaving the Dwemer as a mystery.

Personally, I like it staying a mystery.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dwemer likely became the skin of the Numidium. Technically, they exist, just in a morbid way. They were at the very least bound to it somehow, just as Arniel was bound to the Dragonborn via his shade.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't answer that unless you have seen all the episodes of Babylon 5
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a handful of theories, all with their own facts and flaws to support and weaken them.

I personally believe the Dwemer burned to death in an instant following the striking of the heart. My evidence for this is the ancient Dwemer ruin under Mournhold in TES III: Tribunal, where you can find ash piles on Dwemer beds, armor, stools, benches, books, and potions.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crumorn wrote: »
    A thousand theories of what could and could not have happened to the Dwemer exist.

I believe in the theory they were trying to animate the Numidium and bring it to life but due to the War of the Red Kagrenac became rushed and abruptly without the proper research or preparations attempted the ritual.
    The interesting thing is that he succeed and did it right however due to Yagrum Bagarn not being in the proper plane of existence and the ritual requiring all Dwemer it failed. The Dwemer wanted to acend to gods, and Kagrenac did that for them placing them inside the very god they worshiped and created, but without the last Dwemer Yagrum being present it failed and when he returned the ritual was long passed and the Dwemer gone.

"You wonder where the Dwemer have gone? Perhaps better to wonder why one remains."

It's obvious, the last one murdered all the rest to become the One.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    several theories exist:

ashes in the Dwemer ruins of Bamz-Amschend in mournhold were discovered, where numerous piles of ashes were present next to weapons and armor, on chairs, and in beds, suggesting the dwemer bodies there were suddenly reduced to ash in some way.

one theory exists claiming that their sudden extinction was caused by their reversal of the usual processes involved in the Earth Bones, the laws of nature.

yet another theory suggests that, in the last moments before they disappeared, Lord kagrenac used The Calling to summon all of the Dwemer people and rally them to carry out his plans to transcend the mortal plane.

It appears all members of the Dwemer race were simply removed from the world. (accept one in morrowind)
    but, as far as we can prove right now, currently, the answer to fact is still "no, they are not gone, they are in another dimension."
    (another plane of existence)
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a dwemer spirit within the halls of an underground cave that was discovered, but he only speaks about his past and something about dwemer oil of somekind, there was no dialog option to go further.
  • lukastef
    lukastef
    ✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »
    There are a handful of theories, all with their own facts and flaws to support and weaken them.

I personally believe the Dwemer burned to death in an instant following the striking of the heart. My evidence for this is the ancient Dwemer ruin under Mournhold in TES III: Tribunal, where you can find ash piles on Dwemer beds, armor, stools, benches, books, and potions.

If this theory is true then you would find more ash in other dwemer ruins and yet there isnt any ash in other ruins.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crumorn wrote: »

The Numidium is one giant Soul Gem? Or is it the Heart that acts as one, it would seem more likely. Any kind of powerful magical crystal almost ALWAYS draws that power from Souls.

This kinda seems like the Great Journey lie in Halo. The Covenant were misled into believing the galactic super weapons were gateways to ascension. Kagrenac may have misled the Dwemer into believing the Numidium was their Ascension, when really all they were ended up being batteries for the thing.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukastef wrote: »
    Bruccius wrote: »

If this theory is true then you would find more ash in other dwemer ruins and yet there isnt any ash in other ruins.

Not quite, as the Dwemer ruin underneath Mournhold was sealed off for eras.

The other Dwemer ruins weren't.
    Edited by Bruccius on October 3, 2018 4:28PM
  • dangutang
    dangutang
    ✭✭
    Tons of cool theories out there which you can find with a bit of googling. My favorite is that the dwemer's souls were already contained within the numidium (something about dwemer materials being resistant against aging/decay because they were infused with dwemer souls, so this was presumably the case with the numidium before the events at red mountain), and that the numidium was made to be a sort of mold for oversouls, allowing the dwemer to turn their individual souls into an oversoul and take one step in ascending the creation gradient. So, could be that they succeeded in this and left mundus.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    My theory is that they were bored, built a spaceship and went to the Moon.
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls VI: Redfall
    The Elder Scrolls VII: The Return of the Dwemer :sunglasses:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only Todd knows and he has no intention of every revealing the whole truth
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Iccotak excellent forum Necromancy, my friend. The King of Worms would be proud.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What happened to the Dwemer is complicated. There really is no mystery to their disappearance as the truth is hidden in plain sight. Its obvious and even the Khajiit know whats hidden in front of everyone's noses when everyone else doesn't get it.

From the lore book Where were you when the Dragon Broke.
    R'leyt-harhr, Khajiit, Tender to the Mane:
    "Do you mean, where were the Khajiit when the Dragon Broke? R'leyt tells you where: recording it. 'One thousand eight years,' you've heard it. You think the Cyro-Nordics came up with that all on their own. You humans are better thieves than even Rajhin! While you were fighting wars with phantoms and giving birth to your own fathers, it was the Mane that watched the ja-Kha'jay, because the moons were the only constant, and you didn't have the sugar to see it. We'll give you credit: you broke Alkosh something fierce, and that's not easy. Just don't think you solved what you accomplished by it, or can ever solve it. You did it again with Big Walker, not once, but twice! Once at Rimmen, which we'll never learn to live with. The second time it was in Daggerfall, or was it Sentinel, or was it Wayrest, or was it in all three places at once? Get me, Cyrodiil? When will you wake up and realize what really happened to the Dwarves?"

The Red Event was a dragonbreak there is no getting around it. Cause Dwemer's mistake in not considering the concept of Time in their calculations. That is what destroyed removed, Caused the Dwemer to disappear. Like the warp in the west there is 8 people involved and these eight people are very important to the Dragonbreak as their realities are the ones that likely came true and when time was fixed all of those came true. What really screwed the Dwemer here is many of them worked to destory the dwemer or remove them somehow. Voyrn Dagoth being independent of the list since hes like the Hero of Daggerfall.

Voryn Dagoth- Hero/Villian Like the Hero of Elder Scrolls Daggerfall The Agent. He is involved in every tale so he is that role. Hes the one that discovered the Dwemers Plot, Hes the one that made the choices to try and stop or even help the Dwemer. He did all of that. All those outcomes came true because of this. If the Battle of Red Mountain was made into an Elder Scrolls game we would be playing him.

1. Nerevar-Chimer King
    2.Vehk- General of Nerevar/Poet
    3.Ayem- Wife of Nerevar
    4.Seht- Wizard/architect-Clockwork Mage
    5.Kagrenac- Chief Tonal Architect
    6.Dumac- Dwemer King
    7.Alandro Sul- Son of Azura
    8.Wulfharth-Avatar of Shor/Lorkhan

Some of the outcomes we know of the Dwemer Succeed at activating Numidium breaking time and causing the red event dragon break that ended up destroying the race and causing them to disappear. Dwemer succeed and fail when time is corrected. They are destoryed/removed by their own doing and removed/destoryed when time was corrected all these outcomes came true. If you want to know why they are all missing except for one this is it. Chimer are changed by the Tribunal and Cursed by Azura all at at once. Lorkhan Reclaims his heart and loses his heart repeating convention. Neverar Die of battle wounds or is murdered, Both those outcomes came true. So the three Tribunal are all guilty and Innocent of that crime. When the time is put back together Examples of the many outcomes that came because of Red Mountain.

Now if you compare the the warp in the west. You can see the comparison.

The Agent- Hero/Villian Exorcises the spirit of King Lysandus, Finds the totem and finds the heart in Aetherious. Gives one of Royal Blood Control of the Totem.

The Players involved that the hero has to help or go up against.
    1.Queen Akorith
    2.King Eadwyre
    3.Queen Barenziah
    4.King Gothryd of Daggerfall
    5.Mannimarco, the King of Worms
    6.The Underking
    7.Gortwog gro-Nagorm, King of Orcs
    8.Lady Brisienna Magnessen, Agent of the Blades

Outcome- Underking Reclaims His Heart, Creation of Four Kingdoms destruction of all the others or added to the four that remained. All kingdoms are made Loyal to the Empire, Manniarco Succeeds and Fails at becoming a god. Explaining the Remnant of the Moon and the Mortal Version of Mannimarco encountered in Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Eight outcomes all coming true. With rumors the Agent was killed trying to use the totem itself.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on January 20, 2020 1:40AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one really knows, won’t know until it’s actually revealed at some point (which it will be) everything else is just theories.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voryn Dagoth- Hero/Villian Like the Hero of Elder Scrolls Daggerfall The Agent. He is involved in every tale so he is that role. Hes the one that discovered the Dwemers Plot, Hes the one that made the choices to try and stop or even help the Dwemer. He did all of that. All those outcomes came true because of this. If the Battle of Red Mountain was made into an Elder Scrolls game we would be playing him.

I shared those thoughts of yours while thinking over the Battle made into an ES game. Voryn was highly likely to be a player. But I ended up thinking he could also be an NPC - something tells me he was another victim of circumstances created by a player. Anyway, whatever he had done, it was Nerevar to push the events into their crucial point by killing Voryn, thus finally converting him into Dagoth Ur. I have no reasons to argue with the victim of a murder whatever Dragonbreak makes the Tribunal as an alternative murderer - Dagoth Ur himself named his murderer twice when Time was at it's actual single line. It's Nerevar. But if I were to decide whose role to give to a player, Voryn Dagoth would become a candidate No. 1. I wish we could have a time device or a spell in the ESO or in some further game to give us an opportunity to witness those events. Maybe something like those visions of the Brothers of Strife story could be great. Very interesting post, @Thevampirenight, thank you!
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember exactly where it's stated but someone in skyrim mentioned that there was a Dwemer who was messing around with magic in order to create a strong spell. But then one day all their kind vanished when they made a breakthrough, so i've always believed that most/ all of the dwemer were turned into a kind of summoning spell due to this one person messing around with forces they couldn't fully control.

It always made sense to me and i still believe that this is what happened to the race to this day. But as for the official stance on the race, it's purposely left ambiguous.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Blaqk_EyeD
    Blaqk_EyeD
    ✭✭
    Dwemer went to starfield.
    MagSorc JuliNecroIlam 7TraitCrafter
    XboxNA: "Blaqk EyeD"
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has been left unwritten for "reasons" but as to what they are we do not know yet, it is pure lore hype. We might get to see/know more in future updates but I do think they will leave that for the single player games.

Would be interesting spin if it was just the Tamriel Dwemer that went missing, and there are dwemer else on Nirn. But they are a few things wrong with as if other dwemer knew their cousin kingdoms in a land like Tamriel went poof! Then you would try and muster on their land and relics...which did not happen...so....

Anyhoo will we see Dwemer in some form in the future 100& yes, as to what that would be...no idea..
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP