Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does vMA drop rings?

ZeroXFF
ZeroXFF
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've been farming vMA for a while and I haven't seen a single ring drop. So I decided to google if I was just having bad luck, or rings just don't drop, and I came across this old thread, where they say that rings indeed do not drop.

What I'd like to know is if anything changed since, and if not whether it's worth a bug report or if it's intended.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rings drop from the VMA sets
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

last 2 bosses only
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • twnhny
    twnhny
    vMA does drop rings on stages 7, 8 and 9. I'm not entirely sure about round 7, but 100% on 8 and 9. Also, vMA leaderboards have a chance to give you gold MA set rings if you manage to get a spot. Such sets are Elemental Succession, Winterborn, Hunt Leader, Para Bellum, Glory and Permafrost I think.
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure they do at the later stages
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got most my gold rings from the end of week rewards but they drop on last 2 stages
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I guess it's back to farming then. It does seem odd though that I have seen at least 6 necklaces drop in the 20-ish runs I did, but not a single ring.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh goddess noooo - (yes it does, but I pray it doesn't!)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here´s how it works at the moment:

On normal Maelstrom arena:
    - Rings will drop in blue quality from last chest (might have seen some from stage 8 as well)
    - Necklace will drop in blue quality from stage 7 and 8

On veteran Maelstrom arena:
    - Rings doesn´t drop from any chest from any stage (will stick by this statement until proven the opposite). I´ve 1500+ confirmed checks on chests in vMA and never seen a single ring from the veteran version.

- Necklace have a chance to drop from stage 7 and 8 in purple quality

- Rings do however come from weekly leaderboard in gold quality. You can also get a gold necklace from any of the chests.

Conclusion:
    - Rings can come in blue and gold quality from any of the maelstrom sets
    - Necklace can come in blue, purple and gold quality from any of the maelstrom sets
    Edited by Qbiken on February 12, 2018 7:59AM
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

- Rings will drop in blue quality from last chest (might have seen some from stage 8 as well)

- Rings doesn´t drop from any chest from any stage (will stick by this statement until proven the opposite). I´ve 1500+ confirmed checks on chests in vMA and never seen a single ring from the veteran version.

- Rings do however come from weekly leaderboard in gold quality. You can also get a gold necklace from any of the chests.

Conclusion:
    - Necklace can come in blue, purple and gold quality from any of the maelstrom sets

Do you have any reason to assume that this is intended? Because if not, I'll make a bug report. There is no way I get onto the leaderboards anytime soon, and running with blue gear sucks.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »

Conclusion:

Do you have any reason to assume that this is intended? Because if not, I'll make a bug report. There is no way I get onto the leaderboards anytime soon, and running with blue gear sucks.

I´ve no idea if it´s intended or not. I´ve made 2 or 3 posts about it. Only thing I know is that ZOS changed the loot-table so that weapons from sets like Winterborn, para-bellum etc after I made a thread about it a few months ago.
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    They drop(ped)
    ktht6DO.png

I cannot recall on which stage though, definately one of the later ones. Could also be that before you got set weapons, you got set rings at the end. It's been a while though.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Namarkas wrote: »
    They drop(ped)
    ktht6DO.png

I cannot recall on which stage though, definately one of the later ones. Could also be that before you got set weapons, you got set rings at the end. It's been a while though.

Was this before or after One Tamriel??

My findings are based upon drops/loot after One Tamriel when ZOS made a major overhaul of dropped sets.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They drop(ped)
    ktht6DO.png

Did you get that ring after One Tamriel release? Because judging by what I read in other threads and on Reddit, that's when things got screwed up.
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Did you get that ring after One Tamriel release? Because judging by what I read in other threads and on Reddit, that's when things got screwed up.

My findings are based upon drops/loot after One Tamriel when ZOS made a major overhaul of dropped sets.

I think it was before, and that would also probably explain things. Most likely, Rings only dropped at the end. Then they add weapons, and somebody forgot to re-add rings to the loot tables for arena 7/8 :smile:
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it was before, and that would also probably explain things. Most likely, Rings only dropped at the end. Then they add weapons, and somebody forgot to re-add rings to the loot tables for arena 7/8 :smile:

Weapons were added in Horns of the Reach patch, not during One Tamriel. Something went wrong in 1T
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    NECRO WARNING

I know this is an old thread but was wondering if anyone can confirm that the bug is still there. I wanted to give winterborn a try and noticed I didn't have any ring in stock. Looking at the thread I understand why.
    Don t mind going back to VMA but can I an those rings now? Anyone tried recently?

Thanks in advance
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The trick is to just get on the leaderboard for the week. It's actually pretty easy; just finish the arena in one sitting on a Dragonknight. Your actual score doesn't matter -- just that you get one. It's been a while since I've run vMA with any regularity, but last I did only like 30 DKs were on the board for most weeks, on PC/NA.

To address the actual question, though, I can't say for certain that I've seen rings drop from the chests. But I sold anything that wasn't the Maelstrom weapon drops or pre-golded items from the mail, so my memory on the chest drops is lacking.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this ancient thread of mine was necroed, let me post the final update:

The rings were added back to the loot table in Summerset. It is in the patch notes. And yes, I can confirm as I did get the purple Hunt Leader rings for my NB tank.
    Edited by ZeroXFF on October 7, 2018 9:38PM
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Big thanks @ZeroXFF , guess time to get back onto the vMA horse...
    Characters
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewellery drops on the second to last stage.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, 8 round after still haven't seen a single winterborn ring and got a collection of para bellum instead...guess it s time to sacrifice something to the RNG god...
    Is it 500k+ enough for the weekly leaderboard btw (sorc)?
    Characters
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

PC EU