The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does VMA drop set rings now?

NagualV
NagualV
✭✭✭✭
As the title says......since the double drop anniversary event, I've run VMA so many times, and for the past several months I've noticed that no rings drop for sets like winterborn, glory, etc.

I read somewhere there was a bug preventing ring drops in the later rounds. Was it ever fixed? I ran it last week and no rings.

There is a set I want to experiment with on a build, but I need rings.....

Best Answers

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ipomoea wrote: »
    Thanks all for the replies. It would seem as if there may be a bug that is preventing purple rings of these sets from dropping in rounds 7/8.

I'm want to test a build out that would require 3 piece jewelry. Hmmm. How is it that you get the moderator attention on a thread again? @ - something?

If you want rings there are two ways only atm.

On normal last chest will drop a purple item. But last chest only. Big gamble.

Or gold quality from leaderboard.

@ZOS_GinaBruno this has been broken for a long time now. Since 1T.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Answer ✓
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn Please fix.
    Answer ✓
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Thanks all for the replies. It would seem as if there may be a bug that is preventing purple rings of these sets from dropping in rounds 7/8.

I'm want to test a build out that would require 3 piece jewelry. Hmmm. How is it that you get the moderator attention on a thread again? @ - something?

^This statemeent above is simply not true. Purple rings do not drop from last chest in normal maelstrom arena. Blue quality gear drop from last chest.

AFAIK weapons and jewelry drop from the final boss. So in order to get these you'd have to run the trial on Normal, because the Maelstrom weapons override any set gear that might drop. Problem is, the jewelry would be blue. DSA is similar, although the set jewelry has a chance to drop in the second to last chest there. But if you want a destruction mastery restoration staff (really ZOS???) you need to do the trial on Normal.

^ No weapons exist in those sets that drop in maelstrom arena (aside from the maelstrom weapons). There´s a wiki that says otherwise but this isn´t true. No weapons exists!!!

Insandros wrote: »
    So far only getting necklace from chest 8, i presume chest 7 should drop rings or chest 8 is shared between rings and necklace, but i'm only getting necklaces.

^ Rings do not drop from stage 6,7 and 8 (not sure if jewels drop from stage 6, can´t really remember).

There´s a lot of confusion in this thread. This is how the current situation is:

* There exist blue and gold rings from theses set. The blue rings can be achieved from normal maelstroma arena from last chest. Golden rings can come from weekly rewards if you manage to get on the leaderboards.

* Necklace however can come in blue, purple and gold quality. Blue from normal maelstrom arena. Purple from certain stages (6,7 and 8 if I remember it correctly). And gold necklace from weekly rewards.

I made a thread about this some time ago:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350693/proposed-change-to-the-maelstrom-loot-table-edited-updated#latest

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I read in the PTS patch notes that you did some changes to the overland loot in Orsinium but I still wonder why you left out the maelstrom loot-table out of the changes?? Would be nice to get some information if this is being looked at?

I'm kind of glad this is coming back up. I want my set rings lol. I would like to ask you how long you've been running maelstrom to be able to say confidently (I say this sincerely) that purple rings have NEVER dropped from rounds 7 and 8 of vet VMA.

I began running VMA during the double drop Orsinium anniversary event, and this is when I achieved my first clear. Since then, I have run it countless times like many others. Early on in my runs, I KNOW I received purple rings of the hunt leader set, which i vendored. I know there was a point in which I stopped seeing rings drop.

This was before One Tamriel right?? I may add that my claims are for the time after One Tamriel and nothing else :)
    Answer ✓
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK weapons and jewelry drop from the final boss. So in order to get these you'd have to run the trial on Normal, because the Maelstrom weapons override any set gear that might drop. Problem is, the jewelry would be blue. DSA is similar, although the set jewelry has a chance to drop in the second to last chest there. But if you want a destruction mastery restoration staff (really ZOS???) you need to do the trial on Normal.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've not once seen a piece of jewelry drop for any of those sets. I always just assumed they weren't a part of the loot table, ever.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭

Appreciate the reply, but, in veteran, only VMA weapons drop, no jewelry. Rounds 7 and 8 drop jewelry. But for a long time, only necklaces have dropped, no rings. So I'm wondering if this will be fixed.
  • FearAndPatching
    FearAndPatching
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting gold jewelry from weekly leaderboard rewards if this helps your question any. I do believe round 8 drops purple jewelry but I generally skip all chests for speed runs
    Xbox NA Aldmeri Dominion 1,000 CP+

High Elf, MagSorc, Flawless Conquerer, Master Crafter 9 Trait Everything
    Khajiit, Stamblade, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Elf, MagDK, Flawless Conquerer
    Imperial StamWard, Flawless Conquerer
    Breton, MagPlar, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Eld, MagBlade, Flawless Conquerer

Inspirational quote to live by

“Feed a man a fish he’ll eat for a day, turn a man into a fish he’s a fish for life”
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    I've not once seen a piece of jewelry drop for any of those sets. I always just assumed they weren't a part of the loot table, ever.

Thanks for reply. I have countless necklaces of glory, winterborn, parabellum, etc. For a very long time now, for months, rings simply do not drop.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting gold jewelry from weekly leaderboard rewards if this helps your question any. I do believe round 8 drops purple jewelry but I generally skip all chests for speed runs

Thanks. You're right, round 8 drops for sure (i thought 7 did also) Also, I know you're right about purple drops, but, rings simply do not drop from that round. Only necklaces. I don't believe it to be RNG, because I have run it SO many times and have not gotten a single ring. Also, I read on a post somewhere that it was possibly a bug?
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It always has form stage 7 and 8 chests, 9 only drops weapons now so I don't think you get them there anymore.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    It always has form stage 7 and 8 chests, 9 only drops weapons now so I don't think you get them there anymore.

Thanks. But, my main question is, is round 7 and 8 dropping rings (not jewelry in general, we know it's supposed to and does)

In the past 5 months, has anyone gotten a maelstrom set purple ring in VMA from round 7/8, such as a glory, parsbellum, winterborn RING?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gold rings drop in drop from the weeklies, I believe.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't gotten rings other than from weeklies. And on top of that I'm getting garbage traits on necklaces. HEALTHY Winterborn Necklace? ARCANE Necklace of the Hunt?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Haven't gotten rings other than from weeklies. And on top of that I'm getting garbage traits on necklaces. HEALTHY Winterborn Necklace? ARCANE Necklace of the Hunt?

It's that good ol' Wrothgar RNG!
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• FearAndPatching
    FearAndPatching
    ✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »

It would be nice if some of sets from VMA would be worth running but that hasn't been the case since VMA came out. I still do hang on to good traits on gear and jewelry of Winterborn set if they ever buff Warden frost damage
    Xbox NA Aldmeri Dominion 1,000 CP+

High Elf, MagSorc, Flawless Conquerer, Master Crafter 9 Trait Everything
    Khajiit, Stamblade, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Elf, MagDK, Flawless Conquerer
    Imperial StamWard, Flawless Conquerer
    Breton, MagPlar, Flawless Conquerer
    Dark Eld, MagBlade, Flawless Conquerer

Inspirational quote to live by

“Feed a man a fish he’ll eat for a day, turn a man into a fish he’s a fish for life”
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive got some gold VMA jewelry from the weekly rewards for leaderboards
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is a good start.

And I apologize, I misread your thread. I thought you were on the hunt for weapons from those sets.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive had a few gold rings from leaderboard rewards seems to be about a 20-25% chance to get a jewelry piece aswell as your weapon
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far only getting necklace from chest 8, i presume chest 7 should drop rings or chest 8 is shared between rings and necklace, but i'm only getting necklaces.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

They seem to ignore posts on all buggs that once fixed could help us achieve our goals, mostly too busy taking care of crown stuff items.... game bug stuff isn't much of their priorities. But you can bet, if there was a bug that we'd be getting 100% sharpened weapons drops on last chest, they'd be working 24/7 to fix this out, because it's helping us.. ;) No way they want something in game to play on our favor and our side.... always against us. it's a trick to keep us around. ;) ZoS reminds me of the big bad glowing red column guy in Tron's old movie.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This statemeent above is simply not true. Purple rings do not drop from last chest in normal maelstrom arena. Blue quality gear drop from last chest.

^ No weapons exist in those sets that drop in maelstrom arena (aside from the maelstrom weapons). There´s a wiki that says otherwise but this isn´t true. No weapons exists!!!

^ Rings do not drop from stage 6,7 and 8 (not sure if jewels drop from stage 6, can´t really remember).

There´s a lot of confusion in this thread. This is how the current situation is:

* There exist blue and gold rings from theses set. The blue rings can be achieved from normal maelstroma arena from last chest. Golden rings can come from weekly rewards if you manage to get on the leaderboards.

* Necklace however can come in blue, purple and gold quality. Blue from normal maelstrom arena. Purple from certain stages (6,7 and 8 if I remember it correctly). And gold necklace from weekly rewards.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350693/proposed-change-to-the-maelstrom-loot-table-edited-updated#latest

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I read in the PTS patch notes that you did some changes to the overland loot in Orsinium but I still wonder why you left out the maelstrom loot-table out of the changes?? Would be nice to get some information if this is being looked at?

• NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm kind of glad this is coming back up. I want my set rings lol. I would like to ask you how long you've been running maelstrom to be able to say confidently (I say this sincerely) that purple rings have NEVER dropped from rounds 7 and 8 of vet VMA.

I began running VMA during the double drop Orsinium anniversary event, and this is when I achieved my first clear. Since then, I have run it countless times like many others. Early on in my runs, I KNOW I received purple rings of the hunt leader set, which i vendored. I know there was a point in which I stopped seeing rings drop.
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭

This was before One Tamriel right?? I may add that my claims are for the time after One Tamriel and nothing else :)

Absoltuely, and you even did say that in your post when you described the CURRENT state of things.

It appears then this was something that changed after 1 tamriel.

I'm not a techy person, so I can't say it would seen like an easy fix. But, I would hope it's an easy fix ,and if it is, I would hope they can fix it so it is working properly.