Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Free Camera Mode for Screenshots?

bathynomusESO
bathynomusESO
✭✭✭
Is there a way to do a free camera mode, so that I can take some nice screenshots? Like being able to move the camera up into the sky or farther away than normal zoom. I would also like to be able to take screenshots close to the ground, if possible. Skyrim had a TFC command.
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    Like detatching your camera from your character? No, there's not :( But it'd be neat!
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There doesn't appear to be. You'll have to have a friend with ultra graphics settings to screenshot for you.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, free camera would be abused heavily, so I doubt very much they'll add it.

Just imagine, someone floating above a PvP war in Cyrodil like a god looking down on ants. That's free camera in effect.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Unfortunately, free camera would be abused heavily, so I doubt very much they'll add it.

Just imagine, someone floating above a PvP war in Cyrodil like a god looking down on ants. That's free camera in effect.

It could be done, I imagine. Im no tech geek, but I suppose they could limit where it could or couldn't be done. Even so, I imagine it wouldn't be at the top of their "to do" list if it were ever conceived as something they were willing to do.

We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

You get an Agree check. This was debated in the Beth forums. It would definitely be abused to gain tactical advantage.

They brought the camera in a good 30-50% from what it was originally set. Initially you would be zoomed out like a top down isometric.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only the middle mouse button "free camera". You can take nice shots there too ;)