The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP needs some revamping

anatole1234
anatole1234
✭✭✭
It's good that ZOS are aware their CP system is making their new content obsolete and results in a big power creep. I Think a stat % buff was a bad idea in the first and it was just a matter of time before this happened. ZOS is very keen on class identity and build identity so why not make the sole purpose of CP be just that ? To go further down the rabbit hole of diversity by introducing unique effects (and not plain/boring stats buff) that can be paired with certain class/skills/builds to further differentiate players and playstyle. Anyway ZOS are aware of this and hope they will find a balanced way to make CP great and fun again. Cheers
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Take the stat boost away or reduce it significantly. Id love to see a complete revamp of the passives and possibly som actives too

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the "passive" part of the CP system, the stuff you unlock at 10, 30, 75, 120 spend points, is what the system should be about. Not the +25% increased damage on X type of attack.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great. All I see when threads like this come up is

Let’s nerf the only Character Progress system in the game.

The one you’ve been working on for two years to get stronger

Let’s take away all that strength and give you harvesting Passives

Yay
  • rampant_cake
    rampant_cake
    Soul Shriven
    Koolio wrote: »

The one you’ve been working on for two years to get stronger

Well that's just it, most of us here hit the cp cap over two years ago.

The raw stat buff is nice but ultimately the power creep is well out of hand. But I honestly don't know what to suggest that would be popular with the player base as one of the few people that really enjoyed pre-one tameriel leveling.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skills/rotation and gear matter way more than cp. Even if they got rid of all cp system the fake 10k DD would still do 10k and people with 50k now would only lose about 10k. So the power creep would still remain huge. A lot of noobs seem to think that once they get to high cp they magically start doing high dps. Run pug dungeons and see for yourself, it's full of max cp bow spammers. I say stop complaining and demanding nerfs, go out there and grind like the rest of us did and L2P.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Skills/rotation and gear matter way more than cp. Even if they got rid of all cp system the fake 10k DD would still do 10k and people with 50k now would only lose about 10k. So the power creep would still remain huge. A lot of noobs seem to think that once they get to high cp they magically start doing high dps. Run pug dungeons and see for yourself, it's full of max cp bow spammers. I say stop complaining and demanding nerfs, go out there and grind like the rest of us did and L2P.

Are you implying that only below-cap players argue for a revamp of the CP system? That simply isn't the case. Take a look at the other power creep thread and it becomes obvious that the current amount of cp has nothing to do with people's stance on that system. BTW I don't know how you know how many CP I, the OP or others with a similar opinion have.

But yes, stronger sets do make a difference and good dps comes from players skill. It's no panacea that boosts a low-skilled player into leaderboard regions, but it's an amplifier. Do yourself a favour and try two things out:

1) compare how you'd build for a no-cp environment with how you build with cp. Pve and PvP. It becomes pretty obvious that you can't build the same way. That underlines that gear is part of the creep but also shows that the cp system is what allows you to go wear that gear without spending much into survivability or regen. Might even do a parse on both setups and see how big the gap will be.

2) do a parse with the same set up with and without cp and see that +20% X dmg, +17% dot dmg, + 18% crit dmg, +12% crit chance, + 13% regen, + 12% HA resource return and +20% max resources etc. sure as hell boost your damage output. all while ignoring what we've seen in 1)
  • aaylas
    aaylas
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how they came up with the idea that CP takes away class identity. As someone who plays every class and type in this game (except stam sorc), the only thing I've found that doesn't have class identity is all stam classes, since they lean so heavily on weapon skills. All of the stamina classes end up with similar bars. Magicka classes all feel unique. CP has nothing to do with it at all and it never has. Those types of notes coming out of class rep meetings make me lose a lot of faith that the class reps have any clue what they are talking about.
  • anatole1234
    anatole1234
    ✭✭✭

When you hit a cp 160 with optimal gear with an incap for 17k that's a pretty big power creep. Any way the point is not to remove them , it is to change those stupid flat stat buffs to something more interesting. Please read thoroughly next time before bantering on something that isn't on the subject.

And i do have max CP BTW
  • anatole1234
    anatole1234
    ✭✭✭
    Skills/rotation and gear matter way more than cp

Show me a gear the gives you up to 30% increased damage from various sources, 30% decreased damage from various sources ? And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Go back to the cave you crawled from. Let the grown-ups talk

• Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skills/rotation and gear matter way more than cp

Show me a gear the gives you up to 30% increased damage from various sources, 30% decreased damage from various sources ? And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Go back to the cave you crawled from. Let the grown-ups talk

Sorry that my previous post upset you. I do respect seniors. My apologies Sir.

If cp is the main source of dps then what's the problem, get some cp and I'll look for you on the leaderboards soon.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the flat bonuses are kind if boring. It would be neat to have conditional bonuses.

I. E. Ranged attacks deal 15% more damage while more than 15m away from the target, and they also deal 15% less damage while less than 15m away from the target.

I. E. After using a melee damage skill, all direct hit melee skills will deal 15% more damage for 5 seconds. This effect begins a 10 second cooldown after a ranged skill is used.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.