Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So unbelievably sick of saying "Lfg" and getting zero response

• Red_Nine
    Red_Nine
    ✭✭✭
    Quit complaining and start your own group. Get the AutoInvite add-on. Join a decent PvP guild. The whole point of Cyrodiil is group play. Don't blame others if you can't find a group, make your own.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PvP much ...& when I do I most enjoy defending walls or knocking down walls!
    :)
    I take a scouting mission and while I'm doing it I watch Zone chat to find out where we're all at...
    & after I get my scout report I go and join the Action.

I agree with what others have said, its way more fun to hang out on your favorite keep wall and wait till someone else calls out for a group in zone & then join that.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Just start going to flagged keeps, I feel like the problem with Cyro is that people just sit and wait to be in a group instead of riding to a flagged keep or responding to a call for defense. Then your pop says 3 bars but maybe 2 is actually doing anything, perhaps less if you count groups in IC or just derping around.

But if you take the imitative and learn to play on your own and assist wherever you can you’ll get better and you’ll have something to do while you wait to be invited.

So much this!

People who continually spam LFG just get ignored. Especially when they ignore people asking for help defending/attacking.

People who grab the initiative by the scruff of the neck and are LFF (looking for a fight) - they're the people I'd like to group with.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude I tried to recruit the other day in LFG - nobody is willing to join the group if it's just you. The people crying for group in LFG just want to be carried.
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing Cyro since the game launched, and have never really gotten involved with a guild. I do call out 'lfg' on a regular basis, but if I don't get an invite, I'm usually satisfied to do my own thing. My main complaint about joining guild groups (which is why I always just use 'lfg') is that it drives me crazy to have some power-tripping dude screaming 'ON CROWN' the entire time I'm playing. I usually do stick with the group, but if I don't, its because I have a reason.

My suggestion to the OP is to learn how to track the conflict points, so that you don't need a group to be in the right place, and do your best to call out enemy movements in zone chat. While you certainly gain more AP running with a group, Cyro can be quite fun without one.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can have loads of fun without a group.. just go to the action..

Not dismissing the problem tho... good luck
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I.may have replied to this already ... But if you're not getting responces it's most likely that when you group you don't help seige, you wonder off solo, you don't listen on mic , don't follow crown ... Are suspected of spying.for other factions ( loyal players don't get ignored )

Ask your self what is it you are doing wrong to stop the invites
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to do my own thing but i noticed that once i switched to EP there’s usually a group for anyone but I’m used to solo now so i don’t join..maybe i should, might be fun
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run PUG groups when I see a lot of "lfg" in zone; however, I have noticed that if there are less than 6 players in the group, or if there's more than one wipe people leave group and start saying lfg in zone again. Idk if this is because players want an easy "Zerg Surf" and don't expect to die, but it makes me not want to make and run groups.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think one reason people are so against starting their own groups is because everyone expects the lead to know what they're doing and/or where they're going, and to have some basic strategic ability in deciding what locations to hit. I know that's personally why I never form groups out of people posting lfg; the infrequent periods I'm in Cyro, I'd rather not lead other people in aimless circles because I have no idea wtf I'm doing lol. I'll drop a 'lfg' in zone, but I'll also check the map and head out to where battles are happening. A lot of the time even if no one invites you to a group, you can find clumps of people to follow around.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    I think one reason people are so against starting their own groups is because everyone expects the lead to know what they're doing and/or where they're going, and to have some basic strategic ability in deciding what locations to hit. I know that's personally why I never form groups out of people posting lfg; the infrequent periods I'm in Cyro, I'd rather not lead other people in aimless circles because I have no idea wtf I'm doing lol. I'll drop a 'lfg' in zone, but I'll also check the map and head out to where battles are happening. A lot of the time even if no one invites you to a group, you can find clumps of people to follow around.

I know a couple of pve guys who entertain themselves by just randomly flipping resources all over the map. It distracts the other team, and if you get 4 or 5 people, often it flips before it shows up on the map. Eventually they get caught up with, but they average 5 or 6 flips before getting rumbled.

Do that. Both fun and profit.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't often invite randoms to our group (consisting of guild members) because they either aren't on comms which means they don't have a way to communicate important information or even sometimes hear important maneuvering information, or they come on and incessantly jabber and demand so much attention from everyone, they end up talking over the person trying to run crown and mess things up.

I would suggest studying the map more and looking for "tells" that can help clue you in to where the action is. If you see more than one resource being taken by your alliance outside of a keep, it's a good idea to scoot over that direction before the keep gets flagged and you have too much enemy company to get there safely (as if there is such a thing in Cyrodil). If you see one of your keeps get flagged, check to see who flagged it and how many siege are down. If it's a lot, don't come in hot. Ride in at the side of the keep (watch for gankers), and dark up before coming in the side door. Rez people, put down siege, throw out a heal or shield, and pay attention. When I see the same player near me for a significant number of takes, and that person is fighting well, I take notice of them and will sometimes invite them to run with us. It's rare and I only do it for people who seem to have a good head for things, but it happens.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of groups run together constantly, and they barely even need to communicate movement orders any more because the team instinctively knows how to read map tells and how to follow crown without having to constantly ask "Where are we going next? Where is crown? Should we do X/Y/Z? Where to crown? Where did you guys go?"...it's exhausting, and newcomers have a bad habit of breaking the peace and focus in long-time groups.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the obvious answers of find a group or join a pvp guild.

Another way to get group invites is to be part of the action and by doing that you need to learn the map. Try some of the following;

If your a stealth class head to the keep thats being attacked by your alliance and join in.
    If you see resources being capped around a keep, head over there and join in when you see others going to retake them.
    If there has been two of the three resources been taken, port to that keep chances are it is about to be attacked. defending = AP
    Look for the battles swords most times they are at a bridge or heading towards a keep. Port to that keep.
    Wait for your alliance to take a keep and port there when it's just been taken and you will catch the zerg / group leaving and just tag along with them.

Zerg surfing is common in cyrodiil. There's more chance of an invite or a group leader asking anyone to join if you are beside them, plus you will get healed an assisted by them.

You will soon see patterns in alliance play and predict what keep / outpost is going to be attacked next to so you can defend etc.

If other players see you about in the action they will start to invite or spam in say, whos looking for a group. Only when they are desperate do they spam in zone for lfgs.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...if LFG doesn't work for you then when someone else posts "LFG" in Chat invite them and start your own group.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Open the map and go to where they fights are, be productive.
    Edited by Vietfox on March 13, 2019 5:15PM
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    I had this problem for a day and then joined a couple pvp guilds (because pvp is my main thing in any game and now I have great resources to help) and I dont have trouble finding groups anymore. I dont know what you run, but I'm a healer with a lot of group support slotted so running around solo is pointless. AvA is heavily group focused so I'm not sure why you are adamant on not joining a guild.
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Write this:

"type x for group"

then invite everyone who says X
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is let them eat brioches type of advice. Players get no response to lfg because there are no random groups, groups are not there because nobody wants to start them and the reason why nobody wants to start them is that most of the time there is remarkable lack of meaningful objectives they could be lead to.
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    Not part of pvp guild (which shouldn't be an explicit requirement to enjoy cyrodiil).

Have to say "lfg" and other variations of such in zone chat to get a group.
    Even with full campaign, rarely get a response.

Activity finder never finds a match because barely anybody uses the damn thing.

So sick of idling for hours in cyrodiil waiting for an invite. If I don't get an invite, I dunno where the rest of my alliance is and I can't help out with keeps and stuff. I have to either stumble around blindly and get killed over and over or just straight up leave.

I'm just *** sick of this ***. Please fix it ZOS, make it easier to get into groups for Cyrodiil, PLEASE!

I see in this post (I read it really quick) that u got a lot of both helpfull and not so helpfull advice:) Yes, people could always make their own group, but not all players are comfortable with that. Personally I think that the incoming faction lock would help some at least, as I belive it would make players care more for their faction and also players who "lfg". ZOS cant do anything about it thou, but I will try my best (I often make pug groups) and so will many other pvper who love to play the campaign for their chosen alliance:)
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    Not part of pvp guild (which shouldn't be an explicit requirement to enjoy cyrodiil).

Have to say "lfg" and other variations of such in zone chat to get a group.
    Even with full campaign, rarely get a response.

Activity finder never finds a match because barely anybody uses the damn thing.

So sick of idling for hours in cyrodiil waiting for an invite. If I don't get an invite, I dunno where the rest of my alliance is and I can't help out with keeps and stuff. I have to either stumble around blindly and get killed over and over or just straight up leave.

I'm just *** sick of this ***. Please fix it ZOS, make it easier to get into groups for Cyrodiil, PLEASE!

I see in this post (I read it really quick) that u got a lot of both helpfull and not so helpfull advice:) Yes, people could always make their own group, but not all players are comfortable with that. Personally I think that the incoming faction lock would help some at least, as I belive it would make players care more for their faction and also players who "lfg". ZOS cant do anything about it thou, but I will try my best (I often make pug groups) and so will many other pvper who love to play the campaign for their chosen alliance:)
  • BigCor
    BigCor
    Soul Shriven
    I know I’m late to conversation but if you happen to be on Xbox NA, look me up. Although I’m not constantly in Cyrodiil but when I am, I pick up anyone and everyone with the exception of a few trolls who’s names I won’t mention. But yea, I know all about how frustrating it could be lfg-ing. But yea, look me up if you’re interested in running with a group. Not the most insightful or knowledgeable but I’m open to suggestions within the group and learning off of those more experienced than myself
    Edited by BigCor on April 29, 2019 3:26PM