Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Level 21, doing orange quests and failing.

• Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    Melian wrote: »
    @Madae I did read everything. Newsflash: people can read your posts and still disagree with you.

Great, than you're equally as clueless as those people who feel there can't possibly be anything wrong with this game, despite the fact that there are other people, including even your husband, that have this problem.

• Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madae wrote: »
    This is why World of Warcraft was as successful as it was. People knock it because they think it was too easy, but it's also the best selling western MMO ever.

Oh, and: if you love World of Warcraft so much, go play it instead of trying to degrade this game into a WoW clone.
    Edited by Melian on April 5, 2014 7:32PM
  • Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    Oh, and: if you love World of Warcraft so much, go play it instead of trying to degrade this game into a WoW clone.

Thanks for trolling. Reported.

I haven't played that game in 5+ years and I have no interest in playing it again. I love it when people like you throw that out there like you're smart, witty and cute.

Edited by Madae on April 5, 2014 7:31PM
  • Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    Ultimately, if this doesn't change, it's no skin off my back. My friend will quit playing, but that doesn't really bother me. I'm just going to look back on this whole thing and laugh when this game starts losing that "new game smell" and half its population is gone because an effort wasn't made to change what is simple and in no means degrading to this game -at all-.

And then there will likely be the crowd, like you, who wonders why the game isn't as popular as it should be. "I can't understand it!"... yeah, they must just be stupid for not being exactly like you, or a collection of "WoW noobs" who want things handed to them. God, what a crock.

Actually kind of reminds me of that movie "Thank you for smoking", when the main character is talking to his son and saying "dad, your argument is convincing me"... it's because he's smart and not after him, he's after all the other people.

This game doesn't have to sell you. It has to sell EVERYONE else that isn't like you.
    Edited by Madae on April 5, 2014 7:42PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are here for the Elder Scrolls. One of the principal features of the series is that you have more freedom to go where and do what you want. People coming from other MMOs may find this confusing at first, but people found it confusing when transitioning to the single-player series from more traditional RPGs. This is a good thing.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on April 5, 2014 7:45PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    People are here for the Elder Scrolls. One of the principal features of the series is that you have more freedom to go where and do what you want. People coming from other MMOs may find this confusing at first, but people found it confuaing when transitioning to the single-player series from more traditional RPGs. This is a good thing.

I agree; it is a good thing. I enjoy what this game has to offer, I'm just concerned about the people that aren't like you and me and will have a harder time getting in to it. There are plenty of studies on this type of thing; such as how long it takes your typical person to get bored and move on from something that may seem fun at first, but doesn't hold that attention. EVERY MMO has that problem, and that's why they keep releasing more and more content periodically. This game has some trouble long before that happens.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #rage

I totally just read the OP.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just concerned about the people that aren't like you and me and will have a harder time getting in to it.

Perhaps this game isn't for them, not every game has to be for everyone. This game sets out to encourage self-discovery rather than offering hand-holding, and for those who appreciate that it is to be welcomed, for those who don't, there are other more suitable titles including the one you criticise others for referring you to it when in fact you raised it in the first place ;)!

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I'm just concerned about the people that aren't like you and me and will have a harder time getting in to it.

Perhaps this game isn't for them, not every game has to be for everyone. This game sets out to encourage self-discovery rather than offering hand-holding, and for those who appreciate that it is to be welcomed, for those who don't, there are other more suitable titles including the one you criticise others for referring to when in fact you raised it in the first place ;)!

• Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Perhaps this game isn't for them, not every game has to be for everyone. This game sets out to encourage self-discovery rather than offering hand-holding, and for those who appreciate that it is to be welcomed, for those who don't, there are other more suitable titles including the one you criticise others for referring you to it when in fact you raised it in the first place ;)!

Negative. You'd be surprised how many people are so eager to pull the WoW card on anything they disagree with (especially when it has to do with changes that make the game "easier" - this isn't my first suggestion). I only mentioned it as an example because it is the game that nearly every MMO tries to emulate in some way. Maybe not when it comes to gameplay, but definitely when it comes to money.

I'm also amused that because I mentioned it, now people like you are coming in here and saying it's my fault for doing it. Look around you on this board; you will see people slamming WoW left and right for no real reason other than it's old news and they don't like it anymore... the irony being that nearly everyone here has played it and enjoyed it for what it offered at the time.

ESO developers would crap themselves if this game turned out to be as popular as WoW, but it won't, because according to some people, this game is not meant to be anything like it, even in the slightest (which is an incorrect assumption anyway - they only make it because what I propose is making the game slightly easier, and that's what WoW is; easy crap. /derp). Making this change would not be the death of this game like some people are leading themselves to believe. I call them MMO doomsday enthusiasts.

It would also be incorrect to say that because Elder Scrolls is somewhat like this, that this game shouldn't take necessary steps to evolve for an environment that isn't entirely single player. This is a new thing in the Elder Scrolls universe - it doesn't HAVE to be exactly like them (and it isn't in a variety of ways), especially when this game involves hundreds of thousands of people versus just one player. Leveling isn't a problem in Skyrim because encounters scale towards you. This game will not work like that, and it requires players to advance through pretty typical of an MMO style progression... except that it doesn't do it that well because it's stuck with a certain mindset that is pretty much pushed on it entirely by people like you.
    Edited by Madae on April 5, 2014 8:35PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, when you get a bunch of responses indicating that many others have had no progression issues, your first reaction is to start attacking the game as a whole? There are obviously other factors here. While it is common to give into solipsism and assume your experience is the dominant or most informative one, it certainly will not help you any.
  • Hiply
    Hiply
    ✭✭✭
    @Madae I did read everything. Newsflash: people can read your posts and still disagree with you.

As I do. Madae seems to be saying it's not about her (him?) and then immediately refers only to her own experience.

Madae, opinions vary. You've made it clear that you want more cues given as to whether or not you've hit all the XP-generating content in a zone...and that's a reasonable position to take. What's not reasonable is to go from there to implying that people who don't agree are all hardcore.

You post is about you, and your perceptions. This is a forum, reasonable people get to disagree...and it will go a lot more smoothly if you get that. :)

• Madae
    Madae
    ✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    So, when you get a bunch of responses indicating that many others have had no progression issues, your first reaction is to start attacking the game as a whole? There are obviously other factors here. While it is common to give into solipsism and assume your experience is the dominant or most informative one, it certainly will not help you any.

That doesn't mean they're any more correct than I am. And I'm not attacking the game. For the love of god, please read what I said further in the thread.
    Hiply wrote: »

As I do. Madae seems to be saying it's not about her (him?) and then immediately refers only to her own experience.

Madae, opinions vary. You've made it clear that you want more cues given as to whether or not you've hit all the XP-generating content in a zone...and that's a reasonable position to take. What's not reasonable is to go from there to implying that people who don't agree are all hardcore.

You post is about you, and your perceptions. This is a forum, reasonable people get to disagree...and it will go a lot more smoothly if you get that. :)

Seriously... SERIOUSLY? I'm not going to even bother, because you obviously didn't read anything (or everything) either. I said I didn't have a problem with it anymore and I'll just suck it up. I'm now talking about the experiences of OTHER people that have a similar problem (which, I conclude, MAKES it a problem), which, by the way, there are people in this thread other than me that have it.

You guys... I don't even... I'm done. Talk to the proverbial hand. Bunch of irritatingly stupid people on this forum.
    Edited by Madae on April 5, 2014 9:29PM
  • Hiply
    Hiply
    ✭✭✭
    Decaf, really, that is all.