The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are stam sorcs still good for pve content?

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
I was just wondering if they're still viable I don't see many anymore
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't they? Pulling about the same damage as other stamina classes + added survivability. Sustain is worse though but manageable with a bit of a sacrifice on a DPS side. Stamblade is the top I reckon which going to change to Stamplar after the next patch but we will see.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great for survivability with the best self heals of all builds and better than most for AOE. A little on the low side for straight single target dps which is why stamblade is more popular despite being much less well designed and balanced. Nothing touches stam sorc in vMA by the way, it is almost comically easy.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    stamblade is [ ... ] much less well designed and balanced.

Good one
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    i main stamsorc for pve and i do really well in all hmvet content but i do get some people say to me to level nb/warden saying they r bis lol
    Edited by TiZzA93 on September 30, 2018 9:19AM
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    TiZzA93 wrote: »
    i main stamsorc for pve and i do really well in all hmvet content but i do get some people say to me to level nb/warden saying they r bis lol

Honestly that is a sad thing when you actually need to level an other char because that is a BiS, mean overperforming. Been there, done that.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »

According to the current PTS, StamSorcs have still the best AoE damage/ survivability against enemy AoE damage, but the lowest single target damage among the stamina classes.
    Edited by Thraben on September 30, 2018 10:28AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    @Bevik yh i agree, never made the nb/warden lol i main stamorc/magden for all content
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »

According to the current PTS, StamSorcs have still the best AoE damage/ survivability against enemy AoE damage, but the lowest single target damage among the stamina classes.

No, I disagree. I believe lowest single target goes to stamina templar. I did tests on the pts between every class.

I kept my cp the same, only thing I changed were 3 conditions.
    Dubious Cameron throne + hp glyphs to reach 16.5k hp
    Buff Food - hp glyghs.
    Used Absorb Stamina on infused bow back bar or switched it to my nirnhoned axe front bar.

I played around with each setup changing them so I could sustain a full 6m test dummy with at most 3 heavy attacks.

PTS, all self buffed, no synergy's.
    46k dps stamsorc - missing major fracture and minor berserk, dubious + hp glygh + infused absorb stam
    51k dps stamden - major fracture and minor berserk, buff food - hp glyghs + infused absorb stam
    52k dps stamblade - major fracture, minor berserk, minor savagery, buff food - hp glyghs + infused absorb stam
    42k dps stamplar - minor fracture, missing major fracture/minor berserk, buff food - hp glyghs + nirnhoned absorb stam.
    Dragonknight, I don't remember, think it was above stam sorc but below stam blade and warden, DK's feel behind, they get major fracture but were barely ahead of stam sorc, the sustain was difficult, had to use dubious + nirnhoned absorb stamina.

Things to note... the more self buffs you have the less sustain is required to get through the fight meaning stamplar and stam sorc have that issue where they need more sustain because they don't have major fracture, warden and nightblade can have less sustain because they have major fracture and minor berserk. These aren't exactly the most accurate and take it with a grain of salt, but out of every class I only main stam sorc and the stamplar was the hardest to get good numbers with for me.

I don't play warden but their rotation was the easiest to pick up, bear carried their dmg where it wouldn't be as reliable in actual content. Stamblade still came ahead with no bear and they have a more difficult rotation. I imagine someone could get even higher than me in the same test.

Stam sorc will shine in group content where you get all the missing buffs and is no way weak.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 30, 2018 7:06PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I disagree. I believe lowest single target goes to stamina templar. I did tests on the pts between every class.

Buff Food - hp glyghs.
    Used Absorb Stamina on infused bow back bar or switched it to my nirnhoned axe front bar.

I played around with each setup changing them so I could sustain a full 6m test dummy with at most 3 heavy attacks.

46k dps stamsorc - missing major fracture and minor berserk, dubious + hp glygh + infused absorb stam
    51k dps stamden - major fracture and minor berserk, buff food - hp glyghs + infused absorb stam
    52k dps stamblade - major fracture, minor berserk, minor savagery, buff food - hp glyghs + infused absorb stam
    42k dps stamplar - minor fracture, missing major fracture/minor berserk, buff food - hp glyghs + nirnhoned absorb stam.
    Dragonknight, I don't remember, think it was above stam sorc but below stam blade and warden, DK's feel behind, they get major fracture but were barely ahead of stam sorc, the sustain was difficult, had to use dubious + nirnhoned absorb stamina.

Things to note... the more self buffs you have the less sustain is required to get through the fight meaning stamplar and stam sorc have that issue where they need more sustain because they don't have major fracture, warden and nightblade can have less sustain because they have major fracture and minor berserk. These aren't exactly the most accurate and take it with a grain of salt, but out of every class I only main stam sorc and the stamplar was the hardest to get good numbers with for me.

I don't play warden but their rotation was the easiest to pick up, bear carried their dmg where it wouldn't be as reliable in actual content. Stamblade still came ahead with no bear and they have a more difficult rotation. I imagine someone could get even higher than me in the same test.

Stam sorc will shine in group content where you get all the missing buffs and is no way weak.

Friend of mine is pulling over 50k on stamplar on PTS.

I’m on an anti Stam Sorc rampage lately after maining one for 3 years. Yes, they are very good. They are god like at soloing stuff. You can’t go wrong playing one. But roll something cooler.

Everything we do another class does better except for maybe aoe. We never get nerfed (unless you count loss of third bar in pvp) but we never get buffed either. Every fighting ability we use can be used by every other class along side that class’s class skills. People on forums keep crying for an air atro ult, as if that’s going to make us unique.

So if you want to play a class that is great at solo but absolutely the most bland and generic class in the entire game and is outshone by the other classes, then this is the class for you.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »

Buff Food - hp glyghs.

I’m on an anti Stam Sorc rampage lately after maining one for 3 years. Yes, they are very good. They are god like at soloing stuff. You can’t go wrong playing one. But roll something cooler.

Everything we do another class does better except for maybe aoe. We never get nerfed (unless you count loss of third bar in pvp) but we never get buffed either. Every fighting ability we use can be used by every other class along side that class’s class skills. People on forums keep crying for an air atro ult, as if that’s going to make us unique.

So if you want to play a class that is great at solo but absolutely the most bland and generic class in the entire game and is outshone by the other classes, then this is the class for you.

Still have love for the class, I like the toolkit and theme and that is the most important to me rather than dps numbers. Crit surge and hurricane make the class interesting enough. On live I use greater storm atro, relequen and stormfist which all fit the class theme of storm/winds, recently got the shock weapon styles too. It's awesome that those sets are actually very useful and relequen is strong, but even if it gets nerfed, I'd have a hard time dropping it because it's fun to see the little tornados.

It's a shame we have been forgotten but the class reps have only been around for 3-4 months and they have pushed very hard for stamina dps identiy with stam dk and stam sorc as the biggest offenders, so I have more hope than ever. I can't help but enjoy the class theme and thats what keeps me around. To say they perform underpar is simply untrue. They are kind of middle ground I'd say with great aoe and self healing.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 30, 2018 7:46PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buff Food - hp glyghs.

Still have love for the class, I like the toolkit and theme and that is the most important to me rather than dps numbers. Crit surge and hurricane make the class interesting enough. On live I use greater storm atro, relequen and stormfist which all fit the class theme of storm/winds, recently got the shock weapon styles too. It's awesome that those sets are actually very useful and relequen is strong, but even if it gets nerfed, I'd have a hard time dropping it because it's fun to see the little tornados.

It's a shame we have been forgotten but the class reps have only been around for 3-4 months and they have pushed very hard for stamina dps identiy with stam dk and stam sorc as the biggest offenders, so I have more hope than ever. I can't help but enjoy the class theme and thats what keeps me around. To say they perform underpar is simply untrue. They are kind of middle ground I'd say with great aoe and self healing.

They don't under perform. Outside of maybe score run vet trials, no class is really under performing. All classes can hit higher dps than what is needed to clear content. The problem with stam sorcs is that we just use weapon skills which can be used by every other class along side class skills. The only thing the stam sorc has going for it is the visual effect. We play classes cuz they are fun. Stam sorcs have lost that fun for me because all we are using are stuff everyone else can use.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Buff Food - hp glyghs.

They don't under perform. Outside of maybe score run vet trials, no class is really under performing. All classes can hit higher dps than what is needed to clear content. The problem with stam sorcs is that we just use weapon skills which can be used by every other class along side class skills. The only thing the stam sorc has going for it is the visual effect. We play classes cuz they are fun. Stam sorcs have lost that fun for me because all we are using are stuff everyone else can use.

Fair enough, I don't disagree, but I still find it interesting enough. I have alt's and I always stick to my stam sorc at the end of the day, the theme is what keeps me. Always been a fan of wind/lightning for some reason. The last airbending hit's me close in the feels lol.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 30, 2018 8:59PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭

Buff Food - hp glyghs.

Fair enough, I don't disagree, but I still find it interesting enough. I have alt's and I always stick to my stam sorc at the end of the day, the theme is what keeps me. Always been a fan of wind/lightning for some reason. The last airbending hit's me close in the feels lol.

After the Avengers: Infinity War I feel like Thor when I pop up my Surge+Hurricane and start killing something. B) I hope we will see some love soon from ZOS.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »

Buff Food - hp glyghs.

After the Avengers: Infinity War I feel like Thor when I pop up my Surge+Hurricane and start killing something. B) I hope we will see some love soon from ZOS.

LOL, yes! Try pvp with 2h, crit surge, hurricane and stampede. Very fun for pulling out nightblades :p
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• TroodonsBite
    TroodonsBite
    ✭✭
    Bevik wrote: »

Buff Food - hp glyghs.

LOL, yes! Try pvp with 2h, crit surge, hurricane and stampede. Very fun for pulling out nightblades :p

Ooh I love popping hurricane to find those sneaky nightblades hiding in keeps 😈
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ooh I love popping hurricane to find those sneaky nightblades hiding in keeps 😈

Well, being the stamblade´s most hated class didn´t do us much good recently on the PTS ;) Now most of us won´t have the bar space to equip Defensive Rune, or even the Curse (for the Lols).
    Edited by Thraben on October 1, 2018 8:26AM

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same buffs a Stamblade would get = 58k dps, so yeah on par with other stam classes, just worse sustain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl5t7d8trBw
    Edited by Sparr0w on October 1, 2018 8:29AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Same buffs a Stamblade would get = 58k dps, so yeah on par with other stam classes, just worse sustain.

Nice test! What did he do different than the other dps testers? Some more CPs to bolster the Atronach?

• Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭

Buff Food - hp glyghs.

I agree. While maybe stamsorc have argueably not much class identity (which I wouldn't say, they just have a few that defines them strongly, or none at all), they are the most unique and fitting from a "roleplay" point of view once you build for it. Stormfist, Relequen, storm atro, crit surge, and hurricane makes for a potent cookie cutter build that totally fits the Storm Mage theme (wind and lightning).
    Somebody said once "The one thing my stamsorc has going for them: it is pretty". And while that might sound mundane, it actually makes it so much more fun to play, at least for me.
    Back to the topic: Stamsorcs have nice AoE + defenses with hurricane, implosion is still dope. And if you really feel your single target dps is lacking and don't mind to switch sets here and there, you can go werewolf (I tested that yesterday in vMoL, it was hillarious and effective); the passives of a sorc are strong for it.
    (ofc you need to like that. My stamsorc is a bosmer so it fits, and I very much enjoy it :smile:)

tl;dr They are viable enough to justify bringing your prettiest character.
    Edited by Namarkas on October 1, 2018 8:50AM
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuLGCNYH1t5DyQQ5tfU4Hdw/videos

Some nice videos to compare classes, just be sure to read the description in his videos. It's info is relevant.

And on a sidenote, I recently got 96k multi-target on the Mage in vAA hm, so stamsorcs have some nice potential.
    Edited by Harrdarrzarr on October 1, 2018 9:00AM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice test! What did he do different than the other dps testers? Some more CPs to bolster the Atronach?
    @Thraben
    In the description:
    These tests were done to compare indirectly with a Stamina Nightblade. Identical buffs to a Stamblade were received (Minor Savagery, Major Fracture and Breach and Minor Berserk). Orbs were also given as standard. Thanks, @stileanima!

I waited until now to upload Stamina Sorcerer because we were expecting a positive change to Sorcerer sustain in PTS 4.2.1. We got a buff to dark deal - which doesn't really help us here. I tried it and ended up losing DPS versus just using heavy attacks.

As you can see, Stamina Sorcerer's ST damage seems to be inline with other stamina classes. Note: There is a little bit of minor vulnerability coming from the Atronach (12% in this parse), which inflates the parse by around 500 dps here.

Sustain for a Stamina Sorcerer is by far the worst out of all Stamina classes. The difference between Stamina Drain and Stamina Regen is too high and there is no way to control this other than use heavy attacks (or Dark Deal, which I already mentioned is undesirable). For this reason, I chose to use Dubious drink instead of Max HP Max Stam food. As a consequence, I chose Ravager over Advancing Yokeda, since the HP bonus makes brings your HP pool to a safer threshold - 15.8k HP (or 17k HP for the duration that your Storm Atronach is up) instead of 14.5k HP or so with Advancing Yokeda.

Build (simply what I used in the video) -- https://i.imgur.com/onXfSBL.png

Combat Metrics Parse from Video -- https://i.imgur.com/SkmeyhK.png
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I waited until now to upload Stamina Sorcerer because we were expecting a positive change to Sorcerer sustain in PTS 4.2.1. We got a buff to dark deal - which doesn't really help us here. I tried it and ended up losing DPS versus just using heavy attacks.

So would you say the StamSorc´s single target DPS is in a good spot? Then one could definitely speak of "viable", and it´s only the lack of more interesting class skills/ mechanics that marginalizes them.

• Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So would you say the StamSorc´s single target DPS is in a good spot? Then one could definitely speak of "viable", and it´s only the lack of more interesting class skills/ mechanics that marginalizes them.

Yeah single target is slightly behind other classes e.g. stamblade, stamplar, stamden (about like 1k) but their AoE dps is a couple k higher due to Hurricane.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trap beast used to deal so much damage, then it was nerfed by like 30 % i think