The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can this game support map, skyshard, motif sharing account wide?

• FluffyDragg0n
    Get everything right now...... how is a waypoint everything? What part of my sentences are not being understood. Quote them. I am referring strictly to vanilla map. The map as a whole has way mooore stuff. Try a map with and without destinations addon. Also, this can be an option. Read my idea. An interactable item that does it. If you don't want it then dont go to that item. The devs can also put a warning message where you have to press yes to agree. Done.
    I luv dragons.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Map
    I don't care if all destinations start off greyed out regardless of whether they are found, 99% of players use Destinations addon anyway.

Shards
    No. Saying that, I have no objection to being able to redeem shards to permanently unlock crafting trees at a discount so you can set and forget. Still have to earn the XP though. If the shards redeemed are from Cyrodil first that might help the lag in Cryo as the non PVP players going there to collect shards might be reduced. I also don't think any shards from within a delve should be used in this process. (except maybe Cyro)
    Edited by richo262 on October 1, 2018 8:50AM
  • FluffyDragg0n
    I understand quests, but why no to shards. Does everyone here actually have all the shards on 16 chars? If no, then why oppose this idea. You worked for those so why not have them? This idea simply involves that shards should be collected only once per account. With the option to collect them again if you wish with an alt like stated in my idea.
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    Get 10 people to show me they have all the shards on 16 characters and I give up. I'll go collect all 400+ shards 16 times because that is normal in this game. Those 10 must have full time jobs.
    I luv dragons.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it a crown store purchase. Pay 5k crowns for entire tamriel unlocked on the account. boom. idea. bad, wrong. so far no one has come with a valid answer. It's unfair, its broken, gives x players advantage, gives y players a disadvantage. So broad explanations. make it concrete. make it long if necessary. but make it plausible.

If you're talking about everything being unlocked, lol that's pay to win. You can say it's "pay to convenience" for pve, but that's actually pay to win if I go to PvP. The way that scaling works in this game you would have an advantage being lower level and have everything unlocked already. A level 10 with max horse skills chasing someone and popping dawnbreaker, with all their passives + abilities sounds fun to fight for the truly new players. Lol.

If you're talking about just the Map being "discovered" with the wayshrines available (none of the lorebooks / shards will be unlocked), then I understand you. This doesn't seem gamebreaking even if it ruins the whole exploration / immersion part of the game. There are already add-ons that tell you what's in the map that haven't been discovered by a character yet. You can ask someone to Port you around to specific wayshrines or you can use any guildies. In WoW, you can buy a "map" from an NPC with in game gold that shows flight paths so you basically unlock all the wayshrines in a specific continent (it's a port similar to wayshrines, you ride the flying mount to travel instead of getting a loadscreen while teleporting). So when you make a new character and read that map from the NPC, you can travel & click on those ports on the map.

Skyshards, skill points, undaunted, fighters guild & lorebooks are all intended grinds for the game. And all MMOs I know have a grind / timewall of some sort so people play the game longer. ZOS probably would make more money from people subbing longer and being more invested in a game than from a "boost" like that. If I unlocked all of my nice things from my max cp toon as soon as I hit 50, then I wouldn't even bother playing my new toon as much. Yes, it would be easier to have all of them unlocked and from a pve perspective that saves so much time. For people who PvP, however I would have a lot of passives & abilities that I didn't work for. Didn't even need to earn the skill points to unlock them. I would just go straight Cyrodiil have some fun and probably get bored. The other thing is if you're at max CP and have everything maxed out, overland pve content is already easy, if I had all the skill points and guild abilities unlocked then it would be easier. At least with Champion Points it feels like "New Game +" mode if you roll a toon, have no skill points / guild abilities & passives unlocked. You can also turn it off by not allocating Champion Points.

Motifs and horse skills being shared I wouldn't mind too much, seeing how you can already get outfits done on all your toons. However for crafters, that would make writ voucher values tank when people keep getting master writs. If they nerf the droprates in that case I'm not sure that would work properly either. People buy horse speed books for convenience all the time (or spend their gems on it) so that's why it won't be changed. It's also a gold sink in a way, I suppose.

As for all the other achievements and sharing those achievement points (like overland pve questing / dungeons achievement points), that would actually be nice. If my toons could share PvP achievement points, I'd get Grand Overlord even faster as well. Lol.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    I am strictly speaking about vanilla map. No lorebooks and other things.

And skyshards:

They can only be shared between level 50 characters. If you have an under level 50, he has to go and collect those skyshards until he gets to 50. At 50 he can interact with an.item and have the max number of skyshards found cumulative on that account.
    I luv dragons.
  • sp_korshun
    sp_korshun
    ✭✭✭
    Get 10 people to show me they have all the shards on 16 characters and I give up. I'll go collect all 400+ shards 16 times because that is normal in this game. Those 10 must have full time jobs.

I have full time job. I had account with 14 chars and about 300 shards at each and full SP at main, but it was banned about 15 months ago. I have current account with 15 chars and all pve shards at each + some pvp shards + all pvp shards at couple of chars. Plus i have third acc with 8 chars (only 2 have cp lvl) and some random shards. BUT i totally agree that map and shards should be account wide. Cause if zos will give us new class why the f**k i need to collect them one more time?
  • FluffyDragg0n
    I won't say a thing about achievements and such. Did not think about them too much to come up with a plausible idea.
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    sp_korshun wrote: »

I have full time job. I had account with 14 chars and about 300 shards at each and full SP at main, but it was banned about 15 months ago. I have current account with 15 chars and all pve shards at each + some pvp shards + all pvp shards at couple of chars. Plus i have third acc with 8 chars (only 2 have cp lvl) and some random shards. BUT i totally agree that map and shards should be account wide. Cause if zos will give us new class why the f**k i need to collect them one more time?

Wow. Well, getting 400+ shards 100 times seems doable, not healthy but can be done.
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    When I get home on my laptop I will write some scenarios to clarify things.
    I luv dragons.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd actually prefer CP to be per character. On a new character I feel I'm only really playing to level 50 then bang! all these CP points can be added without being earned again.

I'm probably one of the few people who only play one character at a time though. I have several, but they all do their own thing. They all craft at their own pace the things that they use, they all do different content. And when I get bored with them, they get deleted (though I do sell of all their stuff and put the money in the bank so the their replacement can buy some bag space).

I don't mind mounts and pets, furniture, houses etc being account wide, but stuff that only pertains to the character and levelling, like skyshards, CP, acheivements and titles, should all be character based.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    If cp had a cap to 160 which can be achieved in a good time, yea. But related to the game.... its ... madness.
    I luv dragons.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with the motifs and crafting recipes, which make no sense to be available only on one char

Somewhat disagree with the skyshards... That is because exploration is a big part of this game, and many skyshards are in delves and public dungeons which have quests. So you are saying to skip that which will make the game redundant for high level players who did most of the content.

What I would like is to have more achievements account wide, such as the horse, gathering, refining, grinds, maybe even alliance rank, but I keep it as a maybe.

Let's say if you have the explorer achievement, then you could at least have the wayshrines unlocked for your alts, but not skyshards, books, dolmens, quest lines, etc.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • sp_korshun
    sp_korshun
    ✭✭✭
    sp_korshun wrote: »

Wow. Well, getting 400+ shards 100 times seems doable, not healthy but can be done.

In fact for pve shards you need to spent about 15-20 hours of pure time per char. Pvp shards mostly depends on activity in cyro or ic and how many times you'd be killed and bases gates ofc mostly closed. But anyway it's too much and boring even in my opinion.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Agree with the motifs and crafting recipes, which make no sense to be available only on one char

Somewhat disagree with the skyshards... That is because exploration is a big part of this game, and many skyshards are in delves and public dungeons which have quests. So you are saying to skip that which will make the game redundant for high level players who did most of the content.

What I would like is to have more achievements account wide, such as the horse, gathering, refining, grinds, maybe even alliance rank, but I keep it as a maybe.

Let's say if you have the explorer achievement, then you could at least have the wayshrines unlocked for your alts, but not skyshards, books, dolmens, quest lines, etc.

Yea but this is not mandatory. You get to choose with an ingame mechanic if you wish to 'update' your skyshard collection so that you can have the max that your account has so far. It won't be shoved up ur.... arse. You can say no, and maybe later even you will go like... fak it. 300 shards is enough. Need the rest 100+.
    I luv dragons.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Again, no to your suggestion. You are asking for free advantages for your additional characters.

It's simple:

1) Skyshards convert to skill points
    2) Skill points increase your character's 'power' from unlocked skills and passives
    3) Increasing your character's power should have a cost

Game play is all about making choices. Every choice comes with a benefit and a cost. These decisions and the challenges that go with them are what constitutes a game. Without the decisions and costs, you no longer have a game but merely a simulator.

Let's set aside my earlier points about fairness and balance. You have never mentioned fairness and balance in your arguments, so we can safely assume you do not care about gaining free advantages over newer players, nor do you care about subverting the challenges in the game.

Let's talk about your sole concern: your convenience.

You suggest that any new character you create should be automatically gifted with 113 skill points when that character reaches champion rank. Your sole basis for your suggestion is that since you found those skill points on one character, that those skill points should forevermore be given to you at no cost on all of your other characters.

Let's take your argument to its logical conclusion:

1) Acquiring skill points, like skyshards, is inconvenient for you. Therefore all 408 skill points in the game should be granted to every character you create.

2) Levelling should be removed from the game. Levelling takes time. It is inconvenient for you. Therefore all new characters you create should start at champion rank.

3) Gameplay skill takes a great deal of time. Mastering a class, learning game mechanics, and overcoming challenges all require a significant amount of practice. This is inconvenient for you. Therefore remove all abilities from the game and replace them with a one-shot kill button.

Do the items above sound ridiculous? Of course they are! But that is, in essence, what you have been requesting since you started this thread. The fundamentals of game play - risk/reward, benefit/cost - are what make games like this one engaging and fun to play.

Sure, walking around and picking up free skill points in the form of skyshards may be boring after the seventh or eighth character, but that walking around is the cost for the benefit of unlocking additional skills and passives.

And collecting skyshards is not only ridiculously easy relative to the benefit, they don't move around. Find them once, you can find them again. By walking. Come on. It's simple.

If the above argument fails to make an impression, then I'll refer you back to my earlier arguments about fairness and balance.

Because the heart of your suggestion is to screw new players in order to save yourself a few minutes of walking... and that, my friend, is something that I will not abide.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It shouldn't. If it did everyone would have full number of alts yet every area that isn't really "meant" for max cp characters would be dead.

It's a way to keep people going into all the zones.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or else they don't see it as essential to have everything on all their characters now.

Personally I have 28 characters across 2 accounts. I don't have everything on any of them, but I am working on all of them and that is why I'm still enjoying the game after 4+years because there's plenty of stuff for me still to do with a whole variety of characters, and it remains fresh to me. I don't want most of it handed to me on a plate for 27 characters because the 28th character has already done it.
    Edited by Tandor on October 1, 2018 4:04PM
  • FluffyDragg0n
    therift wrote: »
    Again, no to your suggestion. You are asking for free advantages for your additional characters.

It's simple:

1) Skyshards convert to skill points
    2) Skill points increase your character's 'power' from unlocked skills and passives
    3) Increasing your character's power should have a cost

Game play is all about making choices. Every choice comes with a benefit and a cost. These decisions and the challenges that go with them are what constitutes a game. Without the decisions and costs, you no longer have a game but merely a simulator.

Let's set aside my earlier points about fairness and balance. You have never mentioned fairness and balance in your arguments, so we can safely assume you do not care about gaining free advantages over newer players, nor do you care about subverting the challenges in the game.

Let's talk about your sole concern: your convenience.

You suggest that any new character you create should be automatically gifted with 113 skill points when that character reaches champion rank. Your sole basis for your suggestion is that since you found those skill points on one character, that those skill points should forevermore be given to you at no cost on all of your other characters.

Let's take your argument to its logical conclusion:

1) Acquiring skill points, like skyshards, is inconvenient for you. Therefore all 408 skill points in the game should be granted to every character you create.

2) Levelling should be removed from the game. Levelling takes time. It is inconvenient for you. Therefore all new characters you create should start at champion rank.

3) Gameplay skill takes a great deal of time. Mastering a class, learning game mechanics, and overcoming challenges all require a significant amount of practice. This is inconvenient for you. Therefore remove all abilities from the game and replace them with a one-shot kill button.

Do the items above sound ridiculous? Of course they are! But that is, in essence, what you have been requesting since you started this thread. The fundamentals of game play - risk/reward, benefit/cost - are what make games like this one engaging and fun to play.

Sure, walking around and picking up free skill points in the form of skyshards may be boring after the seventh or eighth character, but that walking around is the cost for the benefit of unlocking additional skills and passives.

And collecting skyshards is not only ridiculously easy relative to the benefit, they don't move around. Find them once, you can find them again. By walking. Come on. It's simple.

If the above argument fails to make an impression, then I'll refer you back to my earlier arguments about fairness and balance.

Because the heart of your suggestion is to screw new players in order to save yourself a few minutes of walking... and that, my friend, is something that I will not abide.

I stopped reading halfway at your convenience. show me proof that on all your characters you have skyshards. fail to do so and you are no more than a forum troll. not the last of your kind sadly.
    I luv dragons.
  • Bladehawk
    Bladehawk
    ✭✭
    I stopped reading halfway at your convenience. show me proof that on all your characters you have skyshards. fail to do so and you are no more than a forum troll. not the last of your kind sadly.

Why must you get every Skyshard on every character?
  • FluffyDragg0n
    I don't understand. You still work for it. All those that say that farming skyshards from 0 on all chars. show me that you do this or stop posting. I will start reporting from now on.
    I luv dragons.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But why do you oppose so much map and skyshard sharing. Its not like you get them for free. You still work for them.

Seriously, read my comments in this thread. I clearly stated why sky shards should not (and will not) be shared).

I am not sure why I have to keep repeating myself. I may have even posted it twice. It is like you are just trying to beat submission into us or purposely trying to lengthen this thread in a lame attempt to suggest your idea got a lot of support.
    Edited by idk on October 1, 2018 5:01PM
  • FluffyDragg0n

tf is the math here? 408 sp? show me the numbers.

At this point I can shout troll, and I'd be right

I hear your mother calling in the kitchen. Go wash dishes.

Wtf. I mean what kind of chemistry must happen in the brain to write such a thing? If you don't like the topic..... go troll LoL forums.

Your entire post is aimed at me. Just mocking me. No ideas, no counter arguments, not even 1 simple good thing came out of all that typing. You consider that you should farm 16 times 400+ Skyshards? Prove to me that you did. Otherwise.... what is the point of you being here?
    I luv dragons.
  • Bladehawk
    Bladehawk
    ✭✭
    You consider that you should farm 16 times 400+ Skyshards?
  • FluffyDragg0n
    The map unlock is just the basic. Waypoints, cities, camps, dungeons, etc. Nothing more. How is this unfair and game breaking? Also I suggest an option so that only those that want it to have it.

Skyshard.. you say at first that old players will have disadvantages and now that new players. Make up your mind. Personally I see no one having problems.

I make a character and get it to level 50. I get 300 skyshards. I make a second character and until level 50, at level 38 for example I decide I need SP so I go hunt 16 skyshards (these can be different from the 300 or the same). At level 50 I will have an option to unify them and the game ill do the math of how many unique skyshards I have and grant me the rest of the SP.
    I simply see 0 downfall in this. Put a break where this idea is bad.
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    Bladehawk wrote: »
    You consider that you should farm 16 times 400+ Skyshards?

Why must you eat food besides bread? Bread and water for life.

Reason is simple. Because its there and it can be taken. I just find it very strange that someone decided to have people hunt for them every time they want them. If they were to release a number of players that have on the same account multiple characters with all the skyshards I doubt that number would hit 30%.
    I luv dragons.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    idk wrote: »
    Yes. But why do you oppose so much map and skyshard sharing. Its not like you get them for free. You still work for them.

Seriously, read my comments in this thread. I clearly stated why sky shards should not (and will not) be shared).

I am not sure why I have to keep repeating myself. I may have even posted it twice. It is like you are just trying to beat submission into us or purposely trying to lengthen this thread in a lame attempt to suggest your idea got a lot of support.

I read it and don't agree. You made your statement, if you don't like this thread then go on others. If you have said your final sentence you are free to go.
    I luv dragons.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not clear you are just trolling and not serious about this idea. Pretty lame troll though.
  • FluffyDragg0n
    Starting with the skill points, and yes, OP does ask for SP sharing. It is clearly unbalanced to have a level 10 character in lowbie PvP with much more skill points than someone that level would normally have. That is the first logical reason this will never happen.

Is this your issue? level 10 with 500 SP? I stated at level 50. also the SP you get from skyshards is a mere 141. and 64 from leveling.

Why do people like to say things that even they wouldn't do?

Also: 1) Acquiring skill points, like skyshards, is inconvenient for you. Therefore all 408 skill points in the game should be granted to every character you create. wtf is this?
    I luv dragons.
This discussion has been closed.