STAM SORC ULTIMATE PROPOSAL

MaximusDecimus
MaximusDecimus
✭✭✭
I propose instead of the Air Atronach, a skill that produces an immobile Atro that as discussed by a few members of the community wouldn't feel right to highly mobile stam sorc play style we alter Overload's second morph as such.

Energy Overload (Current morph of Overload):
Charge your fists with the power of the storm. Light attacks become lighting bolts, dealing 1512 Shock Damage, and heavy attacks blast enemies in target area for 596 Shock Damage.
Each attacks deal 3% additional damage and restores 1102 Magicka
Attacks deplete Ultimate until you run out or the ability is toggled off.

Shattering Overload (Proposed Morph)
Charge your fists with the power of the storm. Shatter the ground beneath your feet dealing x physical damage to any enemy within 6 meters and additional x physical damage over 5 seconds.

I.e. A slightly stronger version of dawnbreaker without a stun in a circular AOE. This will maintain a faster play style that encourages counterplay of avoiding the AOE afterwards. I'm thinking your guy kinda hops then slams the ground with both hands for the animation. This allows for the AOE to appear for a second to allow dodge roll as well. Then rocks shoot out of the ground charged with lightning.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather charge my weapons and have my melee weapon attacks do more damage. using fists is more of a dk thing according to lore.
  • FoolishOptimist
    FoolishOptimist
    ✭✭✭
    Why not both? I personally love the idea of an Air Atronarch.

Would it be so difficult for devs to adjust the ultimate tooltip to “deals x shock damage or x physical damage, depending on which is higher” a la Templar’s Burning Light passive? That’d be an effective option for overload.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't main a stam sorc, but the Air Atronach doesn't sound appealing at all. I'd much rather have a stam morph of overload.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still a fan of the Air Attronach. Also for the Clanfear to actually be a highest stat morph, so stam sorcs have a viable pet, maybe?
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I like the idea of reworking a morph for both the atronach and overload.

Replace power overload with a morph that does physical "wind" damage.

Replace the charged atronach with an air atronach.

Everyone wins.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still a fan of the Air Attronach. Also for the Clanfear to actually be a highest stat morph, so stam sorcs have a viable pet, maybe?

Technically the cleanfear deals physical damage. Not affected by automaton though 😔
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I like the stamsorc as a class that empower their weapons with their spells, soooo... Just empower the light and heavies attack with overload. It would be even more awesome if the effect of the heavy attacks was different depending on the weapon.
    If we're going to be defined by our weapons more than by our class, let's go all the way ;)
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically the cleanfear deals physical damage. Not affected by automaton though 😔

Technically it is affected by Automaton, it just doesn't check your weapon damage.
  • TiZzA93
    TiZzA93
    ✭✭✭
    i would definitely prefer stam overload to air atronarch even op suggestion sounds fun
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know the funny thing is that a stam morph of overload that was a “better Dawnbreaker” would probably become the go-to magsorc ult as well in PvP -.- If Overload isn’t going to give us a third bar anymore just make both morphs better Dawnbreaker. Energy overload can be a shockwave like kena does or something and power overload can be what this thread wants.
    Edited by lassitershawn on September 30, 2018 5:03PM
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a decent ult, but although stam overload seems fun I just don't think it will be as good as dawnbreaker, so what's the point. I would rather an atro for backbar and see how that goes. If a stam overload was actually useful then yes I would love that instead but that is very unlikely.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys! They aren’t going to give us both and you won’t be able to keep the Atro alive for more than 5 secs in a bg or 3 seconds Im open world cyro. The only thing you can alter IS the other morph of overload. Only mag sorcs w/class shields can even keep pets alive.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys! They aren’t going to give us both and you won’t be able to keep the Atro alive for more than 5 secs in a bg or 3 seconds Im open world cyro. The only thing you can alter IS the other morph of overload. Only mag sorcs w/class shields can even keep pets alive.

Air atro shouldnt be a proper pet that you have to worry about healing. I was thinking like hrc atro when you get him to 25%, spinning blades. So maybe a slamming direct damage component on cast and then spinning blades aoe for a few seconds.

For overload morph maybe instead of air overload shooting from your hands how about your hands do physical damage with an animation like a thunder punch similar to uppercut(similar meaning it can do damage and actually connect)? Kinda like the mini bosses in ruins of mazz. Just knock the *** out of people with your bare hands. Can be weaved with light attacks maybe? Stamsorc could def use some love in the ulti department.

• Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I don't main a stam sorc, but the Air Atronach doesn't sound appealing at all. I'd much rather have a stam morph of overload.

Why they haven't added this, I don't know. Deals physical damage, restores 1.1k stam on LA instead of magicka. Done.
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to use class skills for a change
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will support this if they let us have the fast sneak speeds like we used to have that allowed us to run as fast as horses, and you got a deal.