The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Singing Corpses?

Pennylong
Pennylong
✭✭✭
Edited by Pennylong on September 30, 2018 3:25PM
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. Never seen (or heard) of this bug before. I do remember way back when the game first came out there were bugs where you could hear worm cultists performing the ritual at dark anchors from way across the zone. And also, some dialogue from a quest in Rivenspire could randomly be heard at wayshrines around the zone. "Ranser, you madman!"

Audio bugs like this could be something relating to some files being misplaced or something in the games folders on your computer. Maybe try a repair on the launcher? If that doesn't work maybe submit a bug report and/or tag a moderator on the forums so they can bring it to the devs attention.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why necromancy is bad. Imagine an army of those.
    Edited by umagon on September 30, 2018 4:04PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheo's realm has many mysteries.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    I've had singing wayshrines and singing rune nodes before but singing corpses is a first
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is awesome, you are not making fun of us are you?
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i find this very interesting.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The disembodied bard has been around for a while. I've had it show up in houses too, in the walls and whatnot. Always the same bard voice too. Sometimes just his lute.
  • Pennylong
    Pennylong
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen a tree singing too which was odd because there was no one else around at the time. My friend in group couldn't hear or see the mouth of the corpse moving or hear the singing so must be something my end I guess?

It was something fun I'd thought I's share lol.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pennylong wrote: »
    I have seen a tree singing too which was odd because there was no one else around at the time. My friend in group couldn't hear or see the mouth of the corpse moving or hear the singing so must be something my end I guess?

It was something fun I'd thought I's share lol.

Yeah, it's instanced to the person hearing it. My guess is there's a sound effect somewhere that occasionally gets replaced by the bard's audio track. Maybe @ZOS_SoundMaster could dig into it now that there's video evidence?
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO that's the funniest thing I've ever seen.
  • Pennylong
    Pennylong
    ✭✭✭
    I did screen shot the location if I can work out where to find it I'll post it here.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, resubbed. I love bugs.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Pennylong
    Pennylong
    ✭✭✭
    This is where I found it on NA PC, from what I can tell though I was the only one that could see or hear it.

https://i.imgur.com/UU8Fwom.png