Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Pet Sorcs topic for devs to see <3

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
While our pets will have reduction of cost, we are being hit on at least 2 fronts.

1. With removal of 3rd bar, we will lose much needed slots. Currently we have 6 slots for skills and another 3 with overload bar, while 6 slots are reserved for pets in total. Removal of 3rd bar severely limits our skill usage and buffs that sorcs need to survive, help others and be viable in fights.

2. Our shield is primary a Conjured ward. With the incoming nerf, we will not be able to shield ourselves and our pets, wasting time and resources on recasting. Since Matriarch is our primary healing, we'll lose healing too as the shield will not be enough to keep her alive as much.

I'm all for changes and skill refreshments, finding new ways of playing, but I fail to see how we'll accomplish anything with these two limitations.

I play pet sorc in BGs and Cyrodiil. Quite well to be honest. It's a bit atypical on the first sight, but it's rewarding, diverse and fun. And it is possible to be both viable and successful in BGs. Again, with the incoming changes I fail to see how will I manage to keep her alive (especially pets).

Edited by maboleth on October 1, 2018 11:18PM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't even be worth running petsorc in endgame PvE with the current PTS changes. Unfortunate side-effect of having a crappy 7k shield - your pets get nuked in trials.
    PC-NA Goat
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is i think non pet sorc and pet sorc need to be clearer on what they need, for example the pet sorc got a sustain buff this patch (i mean if you can call that a buff with how much they gutted and killed the entire class, not to worried about sustain when im dead) which the non pets asked for and desperately needed when pet sorc was find on sustain do to how big a part heavy attacks play in that rotaion
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Won't even be worth running petsorc in endgame PvE with the current PTS changes. Unfortunate side-effect of having a crappy 7k shield - your pets get nuked in trials.

Which will, ironically, make vAA easier. Less scamps running around chain zapping everyone to death.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An unfortunate decision because:

- Pet sorc do not stack shields - if they do, they are wasting yet another slot for defense, having only 4 for actual attacks/damage in total.

2) It's further limiting the play style. If ZOS is all for "play how do you want", this is a contradiction. I CAN play a pet sorc in BGs and be viable, win, support and kill, even if it's not meta. It's fun, it's challenging but ultimately gets the job done.

But with these changes... how to stay alive and more importantly how to save my pets? BGs are non-cp so CP buffs are no go. If I use heavy armour, I shield myself (and lose tons of LA buffs) but not the pets. So ZOS is literally saying - NO, you cannot play that class for this, this and that. In the mean time they also say "but hey, we reduced the cost for pets". :(
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, implications to true pet sorc haven't been thought through. In particular pet healer
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_GinaBruno

That's why 40% Hp shields are joke, how sorc pets are going to survive in mechanics and veteran dungeons even?
    You want to make unplayeble garbage class? Even now on LIVE with current "OP" shields they are die too much in trials and sometimes in vet dungeons, especially Twilight Matriarch.
    Edited by ruikkarikun on September 30, 2018 11:15AM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dude you are playing a most neglected spec (since years!) of a class that only gets attention for nerfs. What do you expect?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually ZOS buffs the pets every PTS, lol. For the the good it does, they are still slow, uncontrollable, useless, annoying, especially on console.

Regardless of whether you like pets or not, ZOS designed sorcerer as a pet class with most of the skills oriented that way: fire and forget spells, a shield that shields the pets, a heal that can heal a pet, a 3rd bar to free up space because of all of the toggle skills that have to be on every bar.

In light of changes, pets are going to be even worse. At a minimum they need to change the expert summoner passive to give +10-12% health per active pet, indirectly making shield larger and better protecting the pets. Scale pets off of combined magicka/stamina, opening more build options. Maybe make one of the weapon CP's buff pet light/heavy attacks as well as staff.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree Pet Sorcs are ruined without 3rd bar. Make pets only take 1 slot summon and stays up an hour or so. Do same with Warden bear.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'm completely satisfied how pet sorc' skills operate with 3rd bar. I love when having legit but limited tools on my disposal. It makes me think more about the usage, being effective and economical with less and without broad skill spamming.

But even my way of thinking will have a very hard time justifying and getting away with the changes. If they go live in the current form that is.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mucking around on some toons i have on a different region today, pet sorc and sorc dps and have the OL 3rd bar on both, its so handy. It's Gunna be a real loss and takes something unique away from the class.

Sorc healing without it is gunna be brutal.

GG ZOS.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do pets still have the same resistance numbers as the character?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The third bar is there because you have multi-bar the pet toggles. If they are going to ditch the third bar, re-design, or just delete and replace the pets.....burst heal, heal-over-time, sustain, damage, anything really. The pets just don't work, and nerfing everything else and buffing pets does not help.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ I suspect the 3rd bar had nothing to do with pet sorcs, in ZOS vision anyway. It was a utility pet sorc used the most because of convenience.

But anyway, don't touch my pets. :-) I love being a conjurer, unique aspect of sorcs, besides being mag or stam.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Git gud. Stop being carried by pets.

Get carried by overpowered skills instead :D
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the whole class, the Daedric summoning line is in dire need of a complete overhaul.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't know yet is the 40% cap is also for the pet. ZoS spoke about player though.

Pets need to get critical resistance to face the critcable shield in PvP.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you please tell us what are the thoughts of the combat team on pet sorcs in the PVP area? Like BGs for example. They are non-CP. Pets are killable, empowered shield is low - with 23hp I get 4.7k to shield pets.

Is there any plan to change rebate passive or something else? Thank you in advance!