The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How do you go on the defensive in pvp with your Sorc?

• DarkJester1
    DarkJester1
    ✭✭✭
    Try fortified brass light. No, seriously, try it!

what for? to become a running doll for dps test?
    Typical response of a sorc. Once you are on our level, you'll understand the need for actual defensive stats, which fortified brass gives a lot of. Your survivability will go way up, and it's worth it over whichever one of the two dps sets you were using before.

Oh don't, and enjoy the dirtnaps, because you'll have a lot of them.

its a typical comment from one who has never played a sorc.

I've played pvp though and know that those without shields need some other form of survivability, which Fortified Brass gives, and which you may soon need.
    Edited by DarkJester1 on September 29, 2018 8:47PM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    * I have seen people mention shields barely last enough then I seen people say they can never get through shields. What are you experiences is this matter?

* I have seen people mention Sorc has the best mobility, but many people don't like it and say swift is or even running is out doing it. What are your experiences in this matter?

* You use heavy or light amour on your Sorc? Is one better than the other you think for defense?

Long story short the best defense with a sorc is a good offense. You either nuke the person down or you spend the entire fight on your shield shield bar just delaying the inevitable. Paired with the fact that zenimax has completely gutted sorc's offensive options over the years along with the rise of the heavy armor meta they struggle to compete. Yes we can nuke fairly inexperienced players but against an average fotm build, it takes them making a serious error to put them in any danger... and then if all the stars align we might get a kill.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    1) I have seen people mention shields barely last enough then I seen people say they can never get through shields. What are you experiences is this matter?

2 I have seen people mention Sorc has the best mobility, but many people don't like it and say swift is or even running is out doing it. What are your experiences in this matter?

3 You use heavy or light amour on your Sorc? Is one better than the other you think for defense?

1) People that can barely get through shields are like people getting killed by Overload. Amateurs. Every SmallScale group on Sotha (EU) uses at least 2x Sload´s.

Even without Sloads players were killing shield stacking sorcs. But yes, very good point.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * I have seen people mention shields barely last enough then I seen people say they can never get through shields. What are you experiences is this matter?

* I have seen people mention Sorc has the best mobility, but many people don't like it and say swift is or even running is out doing it. What are your experiences in this matter?

* You use heavy or light amour on your Sorc? Is one better than the other you think for defense?

1. My experience is the first, in my BGs I face opponents dealing 8k Snipes (through 3k impen-again no CP) and 6k Surprise Attacks. My shield strength is 5-6k max (aka 1 attack)

2. I use Swift only on my Stam sorc, but haven't on my mag sorc. Streak is my choice and I cannot give up even more max mag for swift. Swift is noticeable on only about half of the possible class build outs.

3. Have used both. Light means always having a shield up or a Snipe/SA from stealth + the accompanied CC means GG. In heavy I can survive such bursts, but unless an opponent over extends it's unlikely to kill them alone (unless truly a glass cannon without an escape)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobility is a pain point. Streak has two issues:
    1) You constantly fall because you don't streak "flush" with terrain. This causes delays that are substantial
    2) Cant streak in the camera direction like before. This was a strategical feature of streak.

Mobility is also bad due to streak increasing costs coupled with the *** poor sustain until you build two sustain sets in and have poor dmg. And then there is the ridiculous stamina mobility that renders streak pretty much a magicka drain. Streak is only effective against bad players. Decent stamina players can easily stay out of range if you choose to kite, and that paired with the fact that everything we do is telegraphed and dodged/blocked makes it really difficult to land any burst combos, unless against bad players again. The wrath changes were harsh IMO.

The snare meta and every other ability being able to snare, with the amount of gap closers available to the hardest hitting class, makes life miserable for light armor players.

I have been saying this for months now, the Ball of Lightning morph should really be considered the Defensive Morph and grant a brief immunity to snares and remove them...like fwd momentum.

Also Fwd Momentum is too cheap.

Edited by Malamar1229 on September 29, 2018 11:12PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try fortified brass light. No, seriously, try it!

what for? to become a running doll for dps test?
    Typical response of a sorc. Once you are on our level, you'll understand the need for actual defensive stats, which fortified brass gives a lot of. Your survivability will go way up, and it's worth it over whichever one of the two dps sets you were using before.

Oh don't, and enjoy the dirtnaps, because you'll have a lot of them.

its a typical comment from one who has never played a sorc.

I've played pvp though and know that those without shields need some other form of survivability, which Fortified Brass gives, and which you may soon need.

in your light brass you will die just a few sec later because its the only thing you will be able to do without sustain and decent damage. ill better take the prisoner set with swift, forward momentum and dark deal to try to play a proper "range" mage
    Edited by oxygen_thief on September 30, 2018 12:03AM