Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very curious to see how light armor players are supposed to survive in the next pts notes....

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1.) Wear 5l/1m/1h for extra resistances. (Conversely it also gives you more health, magicka, and stamina from Undaunted)
    2.) Prismatic armor glyphs are your friend. (Put them on your head, chest, and legs. You'll want more health now that shields are capped to your health.)
    3.) Wear one or two protective trait rings. (This makes a huge difference. Especially now that damage goes through your resistances first... then hits your shield.)
    4.) Invest CP toward spell and physical resistances. (Hell, you'll get a free shield out of it, too.)

"But Savos… I can't pew pew has hard as I used to if I invest into resistance or health!!!" :'(

Well, killer- you can't pew pew if you're dead, either. ;)

Or...

just play any other class and spec, who don't need to do ANY of this and can do max DPS with 100% damage set and enchants and with no downside whatsoever.
    Edited by Vahrokh on September 28, 2018 4:47PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picture a non-sorc for a second (though sorc has it pretty bad too now):

You're already in light armor so your resistances are low. Now your shield is nerfed because zos doesn't know how to do anything but nerf *** into the ground.

How are you going to survive all this damage you have previous been able to, like say for vMA or PvP? Lots of ppl are suggesting run heavy armor but then what is the point of having anything but heavy armor in the game? Zos is basically then deleting light armor? I'm very curious to see what these upcoming notes will look like....

Magicka Templar here...

I wear 5 Light and possess 29k Spell Resist and 23k Physical Resist in constant effect...

One of my sets is Combat Physician; since its Damage Shield will now scale off of my Resists, it'll be 44% stronger against Magical Attacks and 35% stronger against Physical...

My durability will be augmented by Spectre's Eye and it's 25% resist against AoE...

Bottomline...

Light Armor is not dead...

If you build properly, you can be pretty tanky in 5 Light...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on September 28, 2018 4:57PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're already in light armor so your resistances are low. Now your shield is nerfed because zos doesn't know how to do anything but nerf *** into the ground.

How are you going to survive all this damage you have previous been able to, like say for vMA or PvP? Lots of ppl are suggesting run heavy armor but then what is the point of having anything but heavy armor in the game? Zos is basically then deleting light armor? I'm very curious to see what these upcoming notes will look like....

Magicka Templar here...

I wear 5 Light and possess 29k Spell Resist and 23k Physical Resist in constant effect...

One of my sets is Combat Physician; since its Damage Shield will now scale off of my Resists, it'll be 44% stronger against Magical Attacks and 35% stronger against Physical...

My durability will be augmented by Spectre's Eye and it's 25% resist against AoE...

Bottomline...

Glad you are alive.

I, on the other side, have 6 slots used just for pets and Inner Light. Then, I am meant to double bar another ability just to get the resists you have by default. I am then left all of 2 (two) free slots. Glad I am told I have to make more sacrifices to DPS!
    Edited by Vahrokh on September 28, 2018 9:27PM
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magicka Templar here...

Bottomline...

I have a Spectre's Eye Set - can't wait to get that AOE damage resist. But Sorc is going to have to continue to run 2 defensive sets for small scale PVP.

We can't run any damage sets now. It's just not enough survivability.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    1.) Wear 5l/1m/1h for extra resistances. (Conversely it also gives you more health, magicka, and stamina from Undaunted)
    2.) Prismatic armor glyphs are your friend. (Put them on your head, chest, and legs. You'll want more health now that shields are capped to your health.)
    3.) Wear one or two protective trait rings. (This makes a huge difference. Especially now that damage goes through your resistances first... then hits your shield.)
    4.) Invest CP toward spell and physical resistances. (Hell, you'll get a free shield out of it, too.)

"But Savos… I can't pew pew has hard as I used to if I invest into resistance or health!!!" :'(

Or...

just play any other class and spec, who don't need to do ANY of this and can do max DPS with 100% damage set and enchants and with no downside whatsoever.

On the contrary, all classes have to do some version of this. Exception being heavy armor builds in pvp.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to survive? Use heavy armor and survival sets. You want to be shin akuma and rain down hadoken on your enemies? Then wear your bathrobe; just don’t complain when you get disemboweled.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well personally I'll run the new blur skill for aoe safety with blackrose staff for the heal buffs, maybe will use refreshing for oh *** heals and shade, with shallow and if it sucks then I switch to force pulse
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    templesus wrote: »
    Wear impreg? Or wizards? Or pariah? Or brass?

TLDR: l2p

pariah is heavy OP said light

impreg isnt doing anything other than crit resist and light is abysmally low resist even in the best set up with signifficantly less phys resist than stam

also where are wer doing to run a dmg set with that given that you need shacke on light to have stam to cc break
    ^^
    brass and wizards

:|:|:|
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Or...

Are you high? Every other class is already forced to run 1 defensive and 1 offensive set.

Just NB gankers get a free pass, but use any of the 100 counters in the game to cloak and they get ripped apart like toilet paper.

I've seen sorcs tanking like DKs and bursting like NBs. No tradeoff like other classes.

Everyone complains and says TIME TO RUN NB.... Go ahead. And come back here to complain day 1. Cause the skillfloor on NB is about 5 times higher.
    Edited by Nyladreas on September 28, 2018 11:12PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

Or...

Are you high? Every other class is already forced to run 1 defensive and 1 offensive set.

Just NB gankers get a free pass, but use any of the 100 counters in the game to cloak and they get ripped apart like toilet paper.

I've seen sorcs tanking like DKs and bursting like NBs. No tradeoff like other classes.

Everyone complains and says TIME TO RUN NB.... Go ahead. And come back here to complain day 1. Cause the skillfloor on NB is about 5 times higher.

Oh, I didn't know only PvPers are entitled to talk about surviving, nor the thread topic mentions PvP.

And anyway you have seen your sweet dreams. Even in the current PvP iteration, sorcs shields are OP 1v1 but brutally degrade vs more than 1. So, no DK alike tanking. Furthermore, 3 shield stackers are tanky, it's the 1-2 shield stackers who can actually burst anything. Burst with greatly telegraphed moves, unlike NBs.

Last but not least, NBs are one of the most played classes, the "skill floor" apparently is not that high and elite as you say.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switch to stamina.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play light armor magplar and magden with no damage shields. I back bar a sword and shield or ice staff but these classes have good self heals. Lingering health pots are also pretty great.

Maybe slot a pet on a sorc? Or get some kind of DoT into your build that will proc crit surge. Idk, goodluck!
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »

Magicka Templar here...

Bottomline...

I have a Spectre's Eye Set - can't wait to get that AOE damage resist. But Sorc is going to have to continue to run 2 defensive sets for small scale PVP.

We can't run any damage sets now. It's just not enough survivability.

Welcome to the World of Magicka Templars...

:)

I have found that in order for me to be able to take a beating in PvP (while wearing 5 Light) that (just like you now) 2 Defensive Sets is the minimum needed unless you want to be made up of glass...

I decided to take my Defense/Survivability as far as I could go in 5 Light because of the above...

I now wear 3 Defensive Sets (Mighty Chudan x2, Combat Physician x5, Spectre's Eye x5) and it works very well...

Sure you can't kill as efficiently as you could with more Offensive/Sustain Sets, but due to the Light Armor passives and x3 Spell Damage glyphs, you can still kill most opponents...

With 3 Defensive Sets, opponents that you can't kill typically cant kill you either, so it's a fair stalemate...

Your class (Magicka Sorc) is now in the pack along with the rest of us low life's (Templars and Dragon Knights) that have to make concessions between Offense and Defense...

;)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or...

Except those other classes and specs are below sorcerer damage already due to having less damage because they have more survivability.
    Sorcerers are just finally coming into line with the rest of them, not getting free huge survivability without sacrificing damage at all.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You also cant come to a trial if your choices are little damage or no damage when they can just bring other classes and exclude you.

QED, same result. Class is dead. Center cannot hold.

That's what the devs, and the people going 'just adapt' dont seem to get. It's easier, and more beneficial, to reroll and exclude magsorcs now. So why wouldn't they, and why wouldn't the magsorc exclusive players just leave?
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on September 29, 2018 4:23AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Or...

Except those other classes and specs are below sorcerer damage already due to having less damage because they have more survivability.
    Sorcerers are just finally coming into line with the rest of them, not getting free huge survivability without sacrificing damage at all.

Except magsorc already needs to run 2 sustain sets, so no, other classes are not below sorc' in damage. But now, how can they also run 2 defence sets?
    Edited by Biro123 on September 29, 2018 5:07PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Or...

Except magsorc already needs to run 2 sustain sets, so no, other classes are not below sorc' in damage. But now, how can they also run 2 defence sets?

2 sustain sets? What type of build are you running tf a mag Sorc healer?

I have always gotten away with running no sustain set and just running all Regen jewelry. Current meta is 5 necro 2 shadow rend 3 ancient grace 2 willpower with all Regen enchants and sustain is fine. Thats a 100% L2P issue if you have to run 2 sustain sets on sorc.
  • Krymzonbladez
    Krymzonbladez
    ✭✭✭
    The entire issue I see is everyone wanting the nerf is complaining about the top 5-10% of players, sustain is always an issue on magicka based classes that have to spam skills for dps. The nerf to annulment affects all light armor classes nto just sorcs but who cares right? why would anyone care about what the majority of players do in a game wen more people complain about the top 5-10%? It's ridiculous as a whole. not everyone is going to have the same skill lvl or be able to slepp walk their way through vMA or any other vet dlc content or trials.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Or...

I have always gotten away with running no sustain set and just running all Regen jewelry. Current meta is 5 necro 2 shadow rend 3 ancient grace 2 willpower with all Regen enchants and sustain is fine. Thats a 100% L2P issue if you have to run 2 sustain sets on sorc.

The usual shackle/lich, but with dmg jewels.
    I've tried your setup before, but not happy with the shadowrend uptime, or the stam sustain.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or...

I've tried your setup before, but not happy with the shadowrend uptime, or the stam sustain.

Shackle is not a sustain set?
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    I play light armor magplar and magden with no damage shields. I back bar a sword and shield or ice staff but these classes have good self heals. Lingering health pots are also pretty great.

Maybe slot a pet on a sorc? Or get some kind of DoT into your build that will proc crit surge. Idk, goodluck!

Too bad pets are useless, non functional and - come next patch - not shielded. They die to 2 hits today with shields, imagine in 2 Mondays...

Also, we don't have any DoT worth slotting over what we use, especially if we have to double bar a pet as you suggest.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Or...

Nope. The "more survivability" comes with 3 shields. But 3 shields means 2 less damage abilities on the bar. If they put those 2 more damage abilties then they have to remove the shields. Does not seem so hard to understand.
    Edited by Vahrokh on September 30, 2018 2:36PM
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire balance:

1v1 = DPS race

1vX = respawn
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Or...

I kind of look at it as half-sustain, with 2 useful recov bonuses, and the much needed stam boost so you have enough for a break-free buffer while it's recovering.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or...

I kind of look at it as half-sustain, with 2 useful recov bonuses, and the much needed stam boost so you have enough for a break-free buffer while it's recovering.

It also provides 2k max as well as spell damage, it’s not a sustain set. A sustain set is Lich or Seducer - sustain only, you don’t wear it for the damage it provides.

Shackle falls under hybrid like you said. Good damage and good sustain (when combining mag and Stam), just a good all around set. Similar to amberplasm.

Edited by templesus on September 30, 2018 4:21PM