Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Bug] Housing Editor : Hierarchical Furniture Links can result in items shifting after zoning out/in

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
Issue

Hierarchically linked items can become scattered and distorted after zoning.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Link multiple items in a Tree structure (Parent with Children, some of which are Parents of additional Children, etc.)
2. Rotate the parent item multiple times.
3. Zone out and back in.
4. The overall shape may become distorted to varying degrees.

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't you just keep posting in the same thread and/or use the editing "cog" icon at the thread title for changes instead of making 3+ threads?
    Hell, @ZOS_GinaBruno even posted in one of your threads asking for a video of this.

You mentioned applying for a developer position in the other thread where she did post that, but I can't see that happening if you can't figure out how to consistently organize information in a single easy to locate source.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 29, 2018 2:57AM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they're two different underlying issues.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Because they're two different underlying issues.

...causing the same problem. They're related more than you think.

Also, I saw at least 3 threads by you about the same issue. That means you at least repeated once when you didn't need to.
    I just clicked your name and clicked "discussions" on your page and found 3:
    (Bug) Housing Editor
    (Bug) Housing editor linked items become distorted after zoning
    (Bug) Housing editor hierarchical furniture links can result in items shifting after zoning out/in

The titles even show you posted the bug, found a related slightly different circumstance to cause the same bug and posted a second thread and then combined both of them into the third thread.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're three separate underlying issues; thank you so much for spending the time to research though. Watch my video documentation and you will understand. Have a good day!
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn't you just keep posting in the same thread and/or use the editing "cog" icon at the thread title for changes instead of making 3+ threads?

Come on, we have dozens of similar Sorc threads here, and you get triggered by a couple of seemingly same threads about house editor?

@R_K Good job finding this issue, I don't hope that it won't go live, but I hope it will get fixed within month xD

• R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NoTimeToWait

Thank you kindly. I am hopeful that these issues can be resolved prior to go-live just to avoid corrupting/scattering portions of any players' home; either way, I am sure that the Housing team will do whatever they can to try to identify and resolve it. They have been very helpful whenever I have requested something or reported an issue; but as a developer I understand how product backlogs and other deadlines can get in the way of stuff as well. :-P

<3
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, finally laid my hands on Murkmire housing and well... I would say that grouping is convinient, but gosh it's buggy. I mean, I can't even make multiple bindings child to parent without item positions being messed up after I logout.
    Like a third of groups with 5+ item count get scattered (mainly parent is the one which has incorrect position)

And the biggest problem is that I cant undo this error except removing all conections, moving items separately and reapplying them again.
    I really hope that this will be fixed ASAP, since it is quite housebreaking behavior
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on October 6, 2018 5:06PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, finally laid my hands on Murkmire housing and well... I would say that grouping is convinient, but gosh it's buggy. I mean, I can't even make multiple bindings child to parent without item positions being messed up after I logout.
    Like a third of groups with 5+ item count get scattered (mainly parent is the one which has incorrect position)

And the biggest problem is that I cant undo this error except removing all conections, moving items separately and reapplying them again.
    I really hope that this will be fixed ASAP, since it is quite housebreaking behavior

@NoTimeToWait I would have to agree. I put in bug reports for the behavior you described and cited the two different underlying causes that I believe may be the culprits as well as details on how I overcame those same problems in EHT.

I am hopeful that the Housing Dev team will have time to address these issues because the more I have worked on the PTS over the last few weeks, the more concerned I am about the many problems that these bugs will likely cause for players.

If you haven't done so already, and happen to have to the time, it might help get attention on the issue if you could also submit a /bug report (ideally from the PTS server) about the problem.