Maintenance for the week of April 19:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 19, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 21, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 7.0.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Flurry doesn't trigger Ravager or Red Diamond.

MaxJrFTW
MaxJrFTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Meaning it doesn't count as melee dmg. Fix please!
Edited by MaxJrFTW on September 27, 2018 5:56AM
"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been this way for a long time. Heard the last hit doesn't get effected by cp either.
    Started with PC Beta and PS4 Launch - 1000+ CP

    Stam Sorc Orc PvE Main || Stam Sorc Nord PvP Main || Stam DK Nord
    Stam Necro Orc BowBow || Stam Warden Wood Elf BowBow || Stam Blade Wood Elf BowBow


    Mag Sorc Breton || Mag Templar Breton
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. It's obviously a melee attack.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. It's obviously a melee attack.

    Yeah not arguing that point, just stating the obvious in case you weren't aware. Apparently this is under their radar.

    Started with PC Beta and PS4 Launch - 1000+ CP

    Stam Sorc Orc PvE Main || Stam Sorc Nord PvP Main || Stam DK Nord
    Stam Necro Orc BowBow || Stam Warden Wood Elf BowBow || Stam Blade Wood Elf BowBow


    Mag Sorc Breton || Mag Templar Breton
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    I thought jabs procs ravanger tough.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on September 27, 2018 9:42PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-



    If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flurry is a DOT because it's effected by Thaum, the last hit for the 300% apparently doesn't get effected by cp based on another discussion a while back I was in.

    The reason it most likely doesn't count as a melee dmg type is because it has a range of 7m. ZOS made a point of classifying "melee" dmg as 5m.

    Blade cloak for example has a radius of 5m, been meaning to test if it increases to 7m based on dragonknights passive. That would be pretty cool and if anyone knows if it does, please share. Techincally it is a 5m instant melee dmg skill.

    If the 5m thing is true, then does that mean flying blade isn't melee either?
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 27, 2018 10:11PM
    Started with PC Beta and PS4 Launch - 1000+ CP

    Stam Sorc Orc PvE Main || Stam Sorc Nord PvP Main || Stam DK Nord
    Stam Necro Orc BowBow || Stam Warden Wood Elf BowBow || Stam Blade Wood Elf BowBow


    Mag Sorc Breton || Mag Templar Breton
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flurry is a DOT because it's effected by Thaum, the last hit for the 300% apparently doesn't get effected by cp based on another discussion a while back I was in.

    The reason it most likely doesn't count as a melee dmg type is because it has a range of 7m. ZOS made a point of classifying "melee" dmg as 5m.

    Blade cloak for example has a radius of 5m, been meaning to test if it increases to 7m based on dragonknights passive. That would be pretty cool and if anyone knows if it does, please share. Techincally it is a 5m instant melee dmg skill.

    If the 5m thing is true, then does that mean flying blade isn't melee either?

    Jabs has an 8 meter range and it counts as melee. Flurry is supposed to be like jabs but do less dmg and single target.
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    I main a stamplar. Jabs proc Ravager constantly, same with Red Diamond. Each hit of jabs counts as an individual melee attack, should be the same way with Flurry.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Flurry is a DOT because it's effected by Thaum, the last hit for the 300% apparently doesn't get effected by cp based on another discussion a while back I was in.

    The reason it most likely doesn't count as a melee dmg type is because it has a range of 7m. ZOS made a point of classifying "melee" dmg as 5m.

    Blade cloak for example has a radius of 5m, been meaning to test if it increases to 7m based on dragonknights passive. That would be pretty cool and if anyone knows if it does, please share. Techincally it is a 5m instant melee dmg skill.

    If the 5m thing is true, then does that mean flying blade isn't melee either?

    Jabs has an 8 meter range and it counts as melee. Flurry is supposed to be like jabs but do less dmg and single target.
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    I main a stamplar. Jabs proc Ravager constantly, same with Red Diamond. Each hit of jabs counts as an individual melee attack, should be the same way with Flurry.

    I also main a stamplar, but he's neither an Imperial nor geared with Ravager, so I don't really know first-hand. I'll take your word for it, though I do recall that being an issue in the past.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I recall correctly, jabs doesn't actually proc ravager, but in stead the burning light procs will.
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, jabs doesn't actually proc ravager, but in stead the burning light procs will.

    Jabs procs ravager on it's ownplsfomugjeu8.png

    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

    Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

    Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

    Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

    Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.

    Procs ravanger. Though ravanger is bugged in our favor I believe
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-



    If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.

    Procs ravanger. Though ravanger is bugged in our favor I believe

    It's not bugged, Jabs just hits 4 times in 1.1 secs.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on September 28, 2018 3:40PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.

    Procs ravanger. Though ravanger is bugged in our favor I believe

    It's not bugged, Jabs just hits 4 times in 1.1 secs.

    Oh I know it bugged some how just forgot.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-



    If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.

    Procs ravanger. Though ravanger is bugged in our favor I believe

    It's not bugged, Jabs just hits 4 times in 1.1 secs.

    Jabs procs valkyn and not nerien'eth, means damage over time. Not direct damage. jabs is 100% bugged with this set. Has been forever, liks path of darkness was with scathing mage. Flurry is the same, procs valkyn and not nerien'eth. Means damage over time and not direct damage.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on September 28, 2018 4:15PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is a special case. Pretty sure it's counted

    Flurry isn't counted for the same reason Rending Slashes isn't counted; It's a DoT
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Alliance Warlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA
    I record things for fun and for info
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC0WuLVnsW177WKkKcvNuuYA
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.

    Procs ravanger. Though ravanger is bugged in our favor I believe

    It's not bugged, Jabs just hits 4 times in 1.1 secs.

    Jabs procs valkyn and not nerien'eth, means damage over time. Not direct damage. jabs is 100% bugged with this set. Has been forever, liks path of darkness was with scathing mage. Flurry is the same, procs valkyn and not nerien'eth. Means damage over time and not direct damage.

    Ravager and Red Diamond proc on any melee dmg, doesn't have to be direct dmg. Let's not claim things are bugged without doing proper research. Flurry is obviously a melee attack and should proc both Ravager and Red Diamond.

    Ravager Set

    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical

    (3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

    (5 items) When you deal melee damage, you have an 8% chance to increase your Weapon Damage by 630 for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

    Red Diamond

    Your melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 6% of your Max Health
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on September 28, 2018 6:11PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.

    Procs ravanger. Though ravanger is bugged in our favor I believe

    It's not bugged, Jabs just hits 4 times in 1.1 secs.

    Jabs procs valkyn and not nerien'eth, means damage over time. Not direct damage. jabs is 100% bugged with this set. Has been forever, liks path of darkness was with scathing mage. Flurry is the same, procs valkyn and not nerien'eth. Means damage over time and not direct damage.

    Ravager and Red Diamond proc on any melee dmg, doesn't have to be direct dmg. Let's not claim things are bugged without doing proper research. Flurry is obviously a melee attack and should proc both Ravager and Red Diamond.

    Ravager Set

    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical

    (3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

    (5 items) When you deal melee damage, you have an 8% chance to increase your Weapon Damage by 630 for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

    Red Diamond

    Your melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 6% of your Max Health

    So tell me why flurry doesn't proc either then?
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.

    Procs ravanger. Though ravanger is bugged in our favor I believe

    It's not bugged, Jabs just hits 4 times in 1.1 secs.

    Jabs procs valkyn and not nerien'eth, means damage over time. Not direct damage. jabs is 100% bugged with this set. Has been forever, liks path of darkness was with scathing mage. Flurry is the same, procs valkyn and not nerien'eth. Means damage over time and not direct damage.

    Ravager and Red Diamond proc on any melee dmg, doesn't have to be direct dmg. Let's not claim things are bugged without doing proper research. Flurry is obviously a melee attack and should proc both Ravager and Red Diamond.

    Ravager Set

    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical

    (3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

    (5 items) When you deal melee damage, you have an 8% chance to increase your Weapon Damage by 630 for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

    Red Diamond

    Your melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 6% of your Max Health

    So tell me why flurry doesn't proc either then?

    Because it's bugged, that's what this thread is about isn't it?
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.

    Procs ravanger. Though ravanger is bugged in our favor I believe

    It's not bugged, Jabs just hits 4 times in 1.1 secs.

    Jabs procs valkyn and not nerien'eth, means damage over time. Not direct damage. jabs is 100% bugged with this set. Has been forever, liks path of darkness was with scathing mage. Flurry is the same, procs valkyn and not nerien'eth. Means damage over time and not direct damage.

    Ravager and Red Diamond proc on any melee dmg, doesn't have to be direct dmg. Let's not claim things are bugged without doing proper research. Flurry is obviously a melee attack and should proc both Ravager and Red Diamond.

    Ravager Set

    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical

    (3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

    (5 items) When you deal melee damage, you have an 8% chance to increase your Weapon Damage by 630 for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

    Red Diamond

    Your melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 6% of your Max Health

    So tell me why flurry doesn't proc either then?

    Because it's bugged, that's what this thread is about isn't it?

    You said flurry is bugged, I say jabs is.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Pretty sure Jabs is the same way. It's technically a channeled direct damage attack, not a melee attack. So one of those weird things where it's not a bug per se... but it's obviously not in keeping with the spirit of the ability.

    Jabs is AOE damage over time. Not direct damage.

    Procs ravanger. Though ravanger is bugged in our favor I believe

    It's not bugged, Jabs just hits 4 times in 1.1 secs.

    Jabs procs valkyn and not nerien'eth, means damage over time. Not direct damage. jabs is 100% bugged with this set. Has been forever, liks path of darkness was with scathing mage. Flurry is the same, procs valkyn and not nerien'eth. Means damage over time and not direct damage.

    Ravager and Red Diamond proc on any melee dmg, doesn't have to be direct dmg. Let's not claim things are bugged without doing proper research. Flurry is obviously a melee attack and should proc both Ravager and Red Diamond.

    Ravager Set

    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical

    (3 items) Adds 1206 Max Health

    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

    (5 items) When you deal melee damage, you have an 8% chance to increase your Weapon Damage by 630 for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

    Red Diamond

    Your melee attacks have a 10% chance to restore 6% of your Max Health

    So tell me why flurry doesn't proc either then?

    Because it's bugged, that's what this thread is about isn't it?

    You said flurry is bugged, I say jabs is.

    Then your argument is based on nonsense because both Jabs and Flurry are melee. You have to be blind to deny it, that's a fact it's not even a matter of opinion.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Flurry also does not trigger the dual wield bleed.

    I made ZoS aware of this two days ago, and they know about it.
    PC EU - CP 1100+
    Intis Ravelen - Nightblade - Redguard - Stam DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Annisca Micus - Sorcerer - High Elf - Mag DD - Flawless Conqueror & Immortal Redeemer
    Shéogórath - Dragonknight - Imperial - Stam DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Pilar Joranil - Dragonknight - High Elf - Mag DD - Flawless Conqueror & Gryphon Heart
    Adeline Du Mont - Templar - High Elf - Healer & DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Olivia Thaloran - Nightblade - Dunmer - Mag DD - Flawless Conqueror & Dro'mathra Destroyer
    Pu'jarr Ticklebeard - Sorcerer - Khajiit - Stam DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Treehugger Joe - Warden - High Elf - Healer & Mag DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Stuga Beluga - Templar - Orc - Stam DD - Flawless Conqueror & Dro'mathra Destroyer
    Anna Terra - Warden - Redguard - Stam DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Wamasel - Dragonknight - Argonian - Tank - Flawless Conqueror & Bringer of Light
    Nord Warden - Warden - Nord - Tank - Flawless Conqueror
    Nick Romancer - Necromancer - Imperial - Stam DD - Flawless Conqueror & Extinguisher of Flames
    Revive Me Daddy - Necromancer - Breton - Mag DD - Flawless Conqueror
    PC NA - leveling CP
    Alicia Thaloran - Dragonknight - Dunmer - DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Meowsel - Sorcerer - Khajiit - DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Scarlet Lux - Templar - Dunmer - Healer DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Sneaky Scarlett - Nightblade - Dunmer - DD - Flawless Conqueror
    Treehugger Joe - Warden - Khajiit - Healer & Tank - Flawless Conqueror
    Rh'anjiit - Necromancer - Khajiit - DD - Flawless Conqueror

    Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    Flurry also does not trigger the dual wield bleed.

    I made ZoS aware of this two days ago, and they know about it.

    I really feel like in some upcoming patch, ZOS should go through and indicate in the tooltips the categorization of all attacks, as in:

    Damage Range: Melee or Ranged
    Damage Type: Direct Damage or Damage over Time (or both, in cases like Rending Slashes)

    After that, they can go through and test to confirm that all skills are working as intended and proccing the correct sets and passives.

    Some of it's really confusing. Like, every tick of Deadly Cloak is direct damage but Flurry is not?
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flurry is a DOT because it's effected by Thaum, the last hit for the 300% apparently doesn't get effected by cp based on another discussion a while back I was in.

    The reason it most likely doesn't count as a melee dmg type is because it has a range of 7m. ZOS made a point of classifying "melee" dmg as 5m.

    Blade cloak for example has a radius of 5m, been meaning to test if it increases to 7m based on dragonknights passive. That would be pretty cool and if anyone knows if it does, please share. Techincally it is a 5m instant melee dmg skill.

    If the 5m thing is true, then does that mean flying blade isn't melee either?

    Flying Blade is not melee ... it does not proc Ravager or Selene or Adrenaline Rush.

    Kind of the rub for stamsorcs honestly ... neither of the practical spammables (Shrouded Daggers and Crushing Weapon) proc any of the above.
    Edited by LiquidPony on September 28, 2018 9:02PM
Sign In or Register to comment.