The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot change e-mail address on record to an address which I can access.

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
  1. Attempting to access my Microsoft Hotmail account (which I've used for about 10 years) during the past 5 days always results in the same error message. I have not been able to identify any way to notifiy Microsoft about the problem. It doesn't seem likely that they know about it and, if they do, then they will do anything about it any time soon (if ever).
  2. So, I need to change the e-mail address recorded for my ZOS TESO player account.
  3. Unfortunately, the automated method for doing that assumes -- in this case, incorrectly -- that the player has access to e-mail at the address which is currently on their TESO player account record. Which is to say, since I do not have access to the "code" which was sent to the Hotmail account, I cannot enter that "code" as a way of authenticating the change.
  4. When I attempted to log-in to leave a message to Support, however, the software informed me that it doesn't recognize the IP address which I have been using to connect to the ZOS website and to play the game, respectively. Therefore the "support" log-in software sent an "access code" to the Hotmail address on the ZOS record -- which I cannot access.
  5. Without that "code" to enter, I cannot log-in to leave a message for the Support staff. So far, however, I have had no problems logging-in to my player account in order to attempt to change the e-mail addess on record or to play TESO.
  6. It is abundantly clear to one and all that ZOS either (a) doesn't know how to design and implement an MMORPG worthy of the lore brought to life in The Elder Scrolls games , or (b) doesn't want to spend the time, effort, and money to do so. Now it appears that they don't know how to run a business either.
Please re-read items #1 through #5 again, then advise.

Edited by Shadowshire on September 24, 2018 3:42AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Shadowshire

If you no longer have access to your email account, please use this Account Recovery form to submit a request for assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    Thank-you for your reply. I used the Account Recovery Form and submitted it to Support. Then they sent an e-mail message to my new e-mail address, one to which I replied with the requested detailed information. I have not received any further message from Support since then.

After three business days so far, the e-mail adress remains unchanged when I log-in to my Account to check it. When do you expect it to be updated?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Shadowshire

Please check your inbox as we've sent you a message regarding your account request.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post