Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 22
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Cannot change e-mail address on record to an address which I can access.
Edited by Shadowshire on September 24, 2018 3:42AM
- Attempting to access my Microsoft Hotmail account (which I've used for about 10 years) during the past 5 days always results in the same error message. I have not been able to identify any way to notifiy Microsoft about the problem. It doesn't seem likely that they know about it and, if they do, then they will do anything about it any time soon (if ever).
- So, I need to change the e-mail address recorded for my ZOS TESO player account.
- Unfortunately, the automated method for doing that assumes -- in this case, incorrectly -- that the player has access to e-mail at the address which is currently on their TESO player account record. Which is to say, since I do not have access to the "code" which was sent to the Hotmail account, I cannot enter that "code" as a way of authenticating the change.
- When I attempted to log-in to leave a message to Support, however, the software informed me that it doesn't recognize the IP address which I have been using to connect to the ZOS website and to play the game, respectively. Therefore the "support" log-in software sent an "access code" to the Hotmail address on the ZOS record -- which I cannot access.
- Without that "code" to enter, I cannot log-in to leave a message for the Support staff. So far, however, I have had no problems logging-in to my player account in order to attempt to change the e-mail addess on record or to play TESO.
- It is abundantly clear to one and all that ZOS either (a) doesn't know how to design and implement an MMORPG worthy of the lore brought to life in The Elder Scrolls games , or (b) doesn't want to spend the time, effort, and money to do so. Now it appears that they don't know how to run a business either.
Please re-read items #1 through #5 again, then advise.
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA
Dragons belong in Skyrim! They should never be in Elsweyr. And we don't need no stinking Necromancers amongst us. Necromancy is despised, feared, and hated among all the races of Tamriel. It is an evil whose practitioners are continually killed by its true and stalwart Heroes!!
nil carborundum illegitimi