Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changes

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
So with all the changes that have taken place over the years, do you guys find yourselves playing this game more or less than before?
Edited by regime211 on September 26, 2018 2:42PM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit early to ask this since the changes aren't live yet...
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »

I'm talking about changes over the years, so it isnt early at all to ask this.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering how much ESO has improved, more.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes havent significantly impacted my playtime.

The lack of changes to the lag and dismal performance issues in PVP will eventually be what causes me to stop playing.
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way less; because of the CP system all the power and uniqueness in the classes have been reduced to a shell of their former selves. Looks like this patch is no different.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way more. The combat system and balance has been more fun over time. It's unfortunate that such big changes had to be made because it's a kick to the groin. But it made things a lot better if you take a break and come back a few months later.

ESO's combat doesn't have a similar game where they could have looked to and make balance choices. They started with the singer player games and tried to balance things around that. And it took a while. But overall it feels better.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes havent significantly impacted my playtime.

The lack of changes to the lag and dismal performance issues in PVP will eventually be what causes me to stop playing.

"THIS" I play pvp on a regular basis, and I get the urge to say hey let's log in, but right after I do, I immediately regret it, the lag and misfires of skills etc. Its just gotten so old.
    Edited by regime211 on September 26, 2018 3:10PM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »

Must have misread my bad, nope I find I still play the same amount, not sure what will happen next patch but I can see that being the case for a while at least.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Must have misread my bad, nope I find I still play the same amount, not sure what will happen next patch but I can see that being the case for a while at least.

To be fair. The changes have already happened. They are on the PTS for all to see.

Personally with the Murkmire changes and Sorc getting nerfed seemingly with every patch the last few years I have been playing less and less
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Naw you didn't i should of worded my sentences better, i just fixed it, i think the game has gotten dull for me because pvp has just gone down hill, and with the new update, I just hope that pvp will get better. It's honestly to much of a reoccurance that each patch/DLC always breaks some aspect of pvp.
    Edited by regime211 on September 26, 2018 3:17PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less but not entirely due to changes in the game.

The only change I never really managed to fully adapt to and roll with was pushing light attack weaving as mandatory gameplay for Nightblades. I've drastically found that class (my main) less and less enjoyable for end game over the last year. However replaying everything on a new character (which isn't a Necromancer) just isn't appealing to me.

The biggest reasons I play less are mostly down to RL commitments or discovering new games with my friends who fon't play ESO and spending evenings gaming with them.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • CritsTheBed
    CritsTheBed
    ✭✭✭✭
    So with all the changes that have taken place over the years, do you guys find yourselves playing this game more or less than before?

Wish the megatons of players who left for terrible balance and performance over the years could chime in on this question.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish the megatons of players who left for terrible balance and performance over the years could chime in on this question.

Yeah a lot of them probably still play but not as frequently.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree'd, I knew a couple that only logged on for trials but with the shield changes and sustain nerfs seeming imminent they've now left the game.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Naw you didn't i should of worded my sentences better, i just fixed it, i think the game has gotten dull for me because pvp has just gone down hill, and with the new update, I just hope that pvp will get better. It's honestly to much of a reoccurance that each patch/DLC always breaks some aspect of pvp.

I don't pvp much myself either so I'm looking at it from a pure pve perspective. Although it seems they're doing more for pvp with the last couple of updates (bar shield changes) so I guess we'll see what comes from next patch.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree'd, I knew a couple that only logged on for trials but with the shield changes and sustain nerfs seeming imminent they've now left the game.

I'm glad for the changes to shield, but once again I strictly PVP, so I wouldn't know on a pve aspect, as I dont do trials as often.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't pvp much myself either so I'm looking at it from a pure pve perspective. Although it seems they're doing more for pvp with the last couple of updates (bar shield changes) so I guess we'll see what comes from next patch.

True, but instead of them Adding stuff in pvp, they need to make sure that the performance is better, and hopefully this coming DLC it is, if not it will just further ignite my frustration.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until CU is released I'm not aware of another game that offers the grand scale of Cyrodiil PvP. I found myself re-rolling on PC from console and have to say, the experience from a QoL perspective is great.

One thing I wish they would change... make CP 159 and below stay in the lowbie BGs. End game BGs should start at CP160 because most people don't bother getting geared out until then as the path from CP10 to CP160 isn't worth incrementally increasing gear, but this means until you are CP 160, be prepared to get stomped in BGs. That's my opinion anyway.

I really enjoy ESO.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but instead of them Adding stuff in pvp, they need to make sure that the performance is better, and hopefully this coming DLC it is, if not it will just further ignite my frustration.

Yeah... when I do pvp it's the lag, 5 minute load screens & zergs that drive me back out :sweat:
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh less but it could also be cuz im getting bored/ burnt out
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Way less; because of the CP system all the power and uniqueness in the classes have been reduced to a shell of their former selves. Looks like this patch is no different.

That's the idea.

After playing as many games as I have over the years with many different combat systems, including many different MMOs....everything is the same just a slight visual difference.
    Game developers need to embrace this and just let us truly play what we want with the theme we want, like a nightblade that uses fire instead of blood magic or a sorcerer that uses ice instead of lightning or let us have blue/white fire or dark/blue fire or "rays of darkness" instead of "holy radiance".

....another way City of Heroes was ahead of its time with "power color customization" that they even managed to include well after launch in a free update when they had once said it was impossible. I guess imagination and talent skip a few generations of game developers.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My play time is not affected by game changes but RL. I play due to enjoying running around and raiding with the people I know in game. That is the core of enjoyment for any MMORPG.