The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Becoming a Master Crafter - What was Your Journey Like?

• HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A long one, we didn't have research scrolls back in the days.
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just felt it was part of the game. I like knowing I have the ability to make anything I want to in the game (still working on the jewelry). In reality, it wasn't hard, it just took forever.

Like DarkScatha said, there are research scrolls now. I still don't use them. Never liked the pay to play
  • Virys1967
    Virys1967
    ✭✭
    I apologize if there's a different thread for this, but my main character is a Sorc.
    The Grand Master Crafter title I worked so hard to achieve on my Sorc recieved the Skyforge Smith Hammer, which I will never be able to use on my main character.
    I've never crafted anything, not one thing, on any of my other characters, but the achievement was given to a lvl 14 character that I never play.
    This hardly seems fair.
    Am I alone in this outrage?
    Edited by Virys1967 on December 1, 2023 10:11PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Virys1967 wrote: »
    I apologize if there's a different thread for this, but my main character is a Sorc.
    The Grand Master Crafter title I worked so hard to achieve on my Sorc recieved the Skyforge Smith Hammer, which I will never be able to use on my main character.
    I've never crafted anything, not one thing, on any of my other characters, but the achievement was given to a lvl 14 character that I never play.
    This hardly seems fair.
    Am I alone in this outrage?

There were dozens (if not hundreds) of threads in the PTS forums when the change was introduced.

There were dozens (if not hundreds) more threads in general when the change went live.

A majority were adamantly against the changes for reasons like this.

ZoS didn't listen. They didn't care about the feedback given from hundreds of players. Many left. Many, like myself, dropped subscriptions, reduced purchases, etc... I used to spend more on this game each 6 months, than I have in the years since AwA was introduced.

So, no, you are not alone in this outrage. It's now just been played out to the point that many of us are jaded and don't have much faith in ZoS to put their players' opinions and feelings at the front.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age, as the last discussion about this was active September 2018 . If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.