The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mark change

ezio45
ezio45
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Not a nightblade but i was talking to my pvp guild about changes and a good point was brought up.

The ONLY grp play snb has is mark and caltrops other than there is 0 reason to have them as part of a pvp grp

At least a stam sorc can bar negate, dks can provide cc's, stamplar can provide off heals

Like many of the other changes this patch i do not agree with this one

stam needs more group play not less....
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean to be harsh but if mark target and caltrops are the only things making your groups StamBlades viable for the group you might want to start either looking for better StamBlades or asking the group leaders why they're not utilising them correctly.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Arthalion1
    Arthalion1
    ✭✭✭
    Have a little look on the existing topics buddy. I made a big thread on this earlier today. Might want to go post there?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Not a nightblade but i was talking to my pvp guild about changes and a good point was brought up.

The ONLY grp play snb has is mark and caltrops other than there is 0 reason to have them as part of a pvp grp

At least a stam sorc can bar negate, dks can provide cc's, stamplar can provide off heals

By s&b nb do you mean tank?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I assumed it meant stamina nightblade as the line that follows is about other classes being stamina.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I don't mean to be harsh but if mark target and caltrops are the only things making your groups StamBlades viable for the group you might want to start either looking for better StamBlades or asking the group leaders why they're not utilising them correctly.

first i mean specifically pvp, second i dont mean killing thing. class is capable of killing in pvp.

for instance, my sorc can kill, it also can provide negates and off heals since i have a back bar resto
    most mag dps in my grp have siege bubble slotted too
    most dks stam or mag are running talens
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems everything was included in the OP except what (s)he is taking issue with.

idk if 5 seconds is an appropriate duration but as someone who enjoys playing stam and magicka NB the most of any classes I would suggest that the 30 second duration was a little long. Most other means to prevent someone from entering stealth only last 3 seconds iirc.

Besides that, I cannot think of any debuff that can be placed on a target that lasts anywhere near half a minute.
    Edited by idk on September 25, 2018 3:04PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

first i mean specifically pvp, second i dont mean killing thing. class is capable of killing in pvp.

for instance, my sorc can kill, it also can provide negates and off heals since i have a back bar resto
    most mag dps in my grp have siege bubble slotted too
    most dks stam or mag are running talens

Consuming Darkness - Major Protection, group invisibility, and a heal

Soul Siphon - Major Vitality and a heal

Manifestation of Terror - Fear up to 6 enemies

Refreshing Path - Major Expedition for group and a heal

So not much for Stamina tanks, agreed. Magicka tanks shine more it's true (but still need work).
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nightblades strength is not hugging the group though. Need a siege or camp destroyed? that nightblade is good for that. Need one specific person assassinated? good for that too.

They can still bring other benefits which are not seen though like critical bonuses for the group each time they crit etc.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I assumed it meant stamina nightblade as the line that follows is about other classes being stamina.

No... i got that it was a stam nb.

I mean't what type of brawler? Pvp tank, support, Burst?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam NBs op damage/stealth. What more utility needed? You can still mark just not as long. Soft counter not auto kill anymore. Will require you to chase and stay close. Perfect.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The nightblades strength is not hugging the group though. Need a siege or camp destroyed? that nightblade is good for that. Need one specific person assassinated? good for that too.

They can still bring other benefits which are not seen though like critical bonuses for the group each time they crit etc.

like this is kinda my point, they already dont have much reason to be in with the grp, they throw down caltrops, guard breech and if something in stealth comes thru mark and kill

thats already not really with grp and without mark that can be done by anyone with caltrops
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

like this is kinda my point, they already dont have much reason to be in with the grp, they throw down caltrops, guard breech and if something in stealth comes thru mark and kill

thats already not really with grp and without mark that can be done by anyone with caltrops

stamblades are usually tasked with running Troll King in groups since they have the least opportunity costs when it comes to monster sets out of all the classes.

High, near on command burst is great for singling out priority targets. Most will bar DB and hit like a truck for ultimate dumps.

But as posted before, their strength doesn't lie in the middle of the ball group, but on the outskirts picking priority targets. Their upfront burst is amazing when picking off healers which are the biggest factors in small scale/outnumbered fights. When you drop the group healers, the rest of the group follows suit. Nightblades are best used for that purpose. They can also go around instagibbing snipe spammers, who are the biggest threat when fighting outnumbered.

Supporting a group does not mean you have to be in the middle of the ball.

And shame on you for supporting hard counters. I say this as a magsorc main that hates Cloakblades.
    Edited by IAVITNI on September 25, 2018 3:37PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the changes done to Power Extraction gives them great group synergy now. Power Extraction hits harder than Steel Tornado >50% health. A stamblade using Power Extraction as their AoE spammable, and with either Bolstering Darkness or Soul Siphon as their Ult I think Stamblades are in a better spot than they've been yet for group play.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you sound like a zergling
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've gone ahead and closed this thread. The reason being that there already seems to be an active thread on this as well as an official feedback thread for the class itself. Please feel free to continue this discussion on those threads to avoid duplicate topics.

Thank you for understanding!
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.