The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

For people who uses Annulment or Ward...

DoonerSeraph
DoonerSeraph
✭✭✭✭
Assuming Murkmire patch goes live as it is (high chance), what will you play next patch?

Edit: Also, if you plan in taking a break from ESO, you can choose the quit option, it doesnt say its forever, sorry for the lack of "Other" option!
Edited by DoonerSeraph on September 25, 2018 11:48AM

For people who uses Annulment or Ward... 59 votes

Will continue to play my Magicka character with shields.
10%
SolarikenixieKolachecheemersAki-Ralhuschdeguddzje 6 votes
I will unslot the shields and try to compensate elsewhere.
30%
KayiragreyloxSnowZeniaCaff32KadoinsusmitdsBarbaranKonstant_Tel_NecrisCultOfMMOBladerunner1SaintSubwayyReaver988SaphoriusFiktiusCyrriusStamWhipCultistcodestripperAvarikk 18 votes
I will shelve my Magicka character.
37%
laurajfDeathStalkerAshanneIndorilArwynLlethranTakes-No-PrisonerLord_EomerGnozoSkanderArthalion1Biro123red_emuStrawberryKitsuneMyKillv2.0MihaelPanchaeaLeechedmedhmaFortunattoZarkingFruedd3adpain 22 votes
I will will quit ESO.
22%
rosendoichinoveb17_ESODimentiy47Nick1620MayraelApheriusLucky28DPShiroTrinity_Is_My_NameMLGProPlayerGrollok76ezio45Slickrick48keeno9881 13 votes
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already unslotted ward and have been trying other ways to sorc, but pets die too easy, even if I'm trying to actively heal them with a HoT or burst etc. Sorc will always be my main but this just sucks.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never really used either. Only empowered ward on my sorc, in vma. Have power surge and the twilight, so healing was never a problem.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Already crafted heavy gear to my mag NB and threw Annulment out of the window.
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no `Other` option so for me it'll look like this
    First I'll try option #1 and " Will continue to play my Magicka character with shields". If I won't be satisfied with my new experience then goes option #2 "I will unslot the shields and try to compensate elsewhere". If it's still not okay then it's time for Option #3 "I will shelve my Magicka character" and try something else. If it still it won't be okay then I'll give ESO a break.
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Will shelve my magsorc as main and then depending on futher changes probably uninstall.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    AntonShan wrote: »
    There's no `Other` option so for me it'll look like this
    First I'll try option #1 and " Will continue to play my Magicka character with shields". If I won't be satisfied with my new experience then goes option #2 "I will unslot the shields and try to compensate elsewhere". If it's still not okay then it's time for Option #3 "I will shelve my Magicka character" and try something else. If it still it won't be okay then I'll give ESO a break.

Sorry for the lack of the "Other" option :P
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will try to compensate on my mDK.
    My magden was not using shields anyways.
    Will be interesting to try it on magsorc.
  • StrawberryKitsune
    StrawberryKitsune
    ✭✭✭
    It'll go like this. I'll try to play with shields though I'm not hopeful from my initial testing. I'll try without and if I still don't feel comfortable or can do the content I am currently doing it'll go one of two ways. Either I will have the will to level and try a new class (probably Stam) or I will have lost the will and I shelve and take a break. Luckily there are a bunch of new games I want to play and a backlog of already released games to catch up on so that break could be a long time. Perhaps permanently.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will play far less though and stop visiting BGs and Cyro.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will will quit ESO.
    I could readapt my magicka toons, but I simply don't like making LA complete defensless trash in PvP, I refuse to support this change because it's no where close to fair and balanced. If this goes live, better be prepared for next patch dodge and block nerfs to bring sheit back in line.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will will quit ESO.
    Will unsub both accounts and only login for the Daily rewards and any research to start. Cast time on shields is utter nonsense.

Will soon be playing Fallout 76 and then Ashes of Creation.

Hopefully one day these cast times will be removed. No "unsub" option above.
    Edited by Trinity_Is_My_Name on September 25, 2018 1:21PM
  • Slickrick48
    Slickrick48
    Soul Shriven
    I will will quit ESO.
    Been mainly playing a sorc since day one. The shield cast change ruins the class for me, not interested in trying to adapt because of the volume of players upset at the top 5% of pvp sorcs that were able to manipulate shield stacking in their favor. The newest changed makes it uninterrupted.. big deal. Not fun casting a 1 second ability in my rotations. And pvp will be hopeless with or without the interrupt. I've been ganked in less than 1 second and I got lit up by stamplars constantly already lol. I have 14 toons, every class and I switch up often because of the constant game changes, but my sorc was always my favorite. Now I'm far from the elite, 40k dps and i can hold my own soloing in IC.. I don't know how badly this will impact the rest of you sorc lovers out there but for me it's such a bummer. What I do know is in higher end trials guilds, the only magicka classes you see anymore are nightblades. And after these changes go live, I'm pretty certain Pvp magicka will be primarily NB as well (not that it already isn't, or maybe it just feels that way lol). Whatever, I'm primarily annoyed with the cast time messing with the flow of the game. I'll just find something new to mess around with. Subs cancelled if it stays :(
  • Krymzonbladez
    Krymzonbladez
    ✭✭✭
    With the changes, you'll be dead before you can pop shields even if they can't be interrupted and even if you get them up you'll still die within seconds because you can crit through them now. It's a ridiculous idea to put a cast time on the shields even if you make them last longer it won't matter because you'll be dead before you get them up. PVE and PVP will both be rekt for anyone using Annulment, and there aren't many other shields that aren't class specific to compensate with and even then some of those are highly situational in their sponginess. It'll be even harder to reach the dps needed and be able to dodge mechanics with also having the 1 second breather to cast a shield in your rotations...
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will will quit ESO.
    If they keep the shield changes I will first unsubscribe, not purchase crowns anymore and play only solo quests for some time. Then I will probably get bored and quit the game.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I already have a hard time logging on each day and doing something other than writs as a social event. These changes further make me feel that way.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info