Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does one smoke out of a hooka?

• Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are used for skooma consumption. In TES III, there's an object known as a ''Skooma Pipe'', presumably the same item you see in ESO.

EDIT:
    For your viewing pleasures:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/c/ce/SkoomaPipe_MW.png/revision/latest?cb=20120513070314

Edited by Bruccius on September 24, 2018 5:06PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    google: eso drugs

nothing really tobacco or cannabis related that I remember seeing...

lots of mushroom type stuff...

as far as I can remember skooma is refined moonsugar...moonsugar is regular old sugar cane, only difference being the water (from the topal sea) in which it grows...

Skooma is an alchemical mixture that uses Moonsugar, just like how some common every day things you can get at the store can be turned into Meth. Skooma is also Race dependent. To the Khajiit its an addictive narcotic. To the other Races its basically a lethal toxin.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    google: eso drugs

nothing really tobacco or cannabis related that I remember seeing...

lots of mushroom type stuff...

as far as I can remember skooma is refined moonsugar...moonsugar is regular old sugar cane, only difference being the water (from the topal sea) in which it grows...

Skooma is an alchemical mixture that uses Moonsugar, just like how some common every day things you can get at the store can be turned into Meth. Skooma is also Race dependent. To the Khajiit its an addictive narcotic. To the other Races its basically a lethal toxin.

Yup. This^^^^^^
    In other words, Moon Sugar is like "Coca Leaves" where as Skooma is like Cocaine.
    And before the major overhaul of provisioning, there was recipes for "Moon Sugar". Might still have?? Not sure.

Still remember my reaction when I found Caius's stash under his bed in TES3...Lol. :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Anyone else find it weird that we have skooma bubblers, numerous quests involving skooma and/or moon sugar and several sugar plantations but actual skooma and even moon sugar (which is relatively harmless) don't appear anywhere in the game?

They do actually, but not as regular items. When you do the Thieves Guild heists that involve finding 3+1 chests (Secluded Sewers, Hideaway, Underground Sepulcher), the contents of those chests is sometimes moon sugar or skooma related. I never noticed this until I installed a loot logger (they are quest items and are removed from your inv as soon as you report back to Farendar). I remember picking up some Summerset Moon Sugar or something like that at one time, suggesting that even the snooty Altmer occasionally like to consume some.

Edit: found it, Cask of Summer Skooma
    Edited by Beamer_Miasma on September 26, 2018 3:53PM