The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would something like increasing physical and spell resistance on boundless storm

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
I'm not going to pretend to know the dynamics of the game like many of you do...but if they do go through with the shield changes...would something like adding a percentage increase per piece of light armor or a bonus for wearing 5 pieces of light armor onto a skill like boundless storm (and the other class equivalents) help offset the shield changes?

I also suggested before the sorc pets (particularly the matriarch) be an insta cast...if it also cast the heal on summons and was an insta cast (essentially being the sorc equivalent of BOL) it would allow the skill not to have to be double barred and give the sorc a viable healing option w/o really having to double bar a pet.

Just thinking those together might allow magic users/sorcs to still use light armor and give them a more effective healing option? Just some random thoughts I had and wondered what thoughts anyone had on them.
  • Zavijah
    Zavijah
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's fair.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is Zos has gone to a minor/major buff and debuff system to make managing such things easier and Lightning Form (base skill) already has major of both resistance buffs so there is nothing that can really be added.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I believe IDK is right, I don t see much that they would add in that sense.

Main problem is missing alternative good defensive options on sorc I have on other chars. E.g.. Surge is not bad but mainly useful on dot builds, while magsorc are mainly burst (PvP). Matriarch unfortunately already not optimal, it will become an expensive sitting duck without the shields.

There are options, but all bad comparing to other classes...I am lucky to have several chars...good luck to the only sorcs.

I will try to go to the drawing board on magsorc but, especially for PvP, I don t have much hope of finding good solutions
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was also wondering if instead of the cast time on shields.. Because it will make them unused... What if shields were a longer duration 30 second or something) partial absorbtion (some percentage based on light armor) ... Along with maybe the pet change for a viable burst heal...

It might make healers in general a bit more needed, give sorcs and light armor magic users more survivability with still needing heals, still give a reason to use "shields".. Again just some thoughts
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The issue is Zos has gone to a minor/major buff and debuff system to make managing such things easier and Lightning Form (base skill) already has major of both resistance buffs so there is nothing that can really be added.

To be fair they did add more resistance above the Major Ward/Resolve on Templars Rune Focus, but I still don't think that will do all that much for Sorcs, not a change I would recommend.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't see them, in the same patch, make changes to force you to stack more resists and at the same time, give you them for free..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On my Sorc- I've already got Major and Minor resistances up from Boundless Storm and Bound Aegis. You can, however, add more resistances by:

1. Have a 5l/1m/1h setup. (extra resistances from medium and heavy)
    2. Add two protective traits to your jewelry.
    3. Add CP toward Spell Shield and Light Armor Focus. (this will also give you an insta-block shield- it's actually good for ignoring a bleed cast on you)

This pushes my resistances to 24k- without the need of SnB. You could get more resistances by adding a defending trait to your staves... but I wouldn't recommend it, though.

So, you can actually have three instant-cast shields: Healing Ward (which is now more powerful because of resistances), Reinforced shield from the CP tree, and Concentrated Barrier from the Psijic Skill line (I have time stop slotted).
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I think the most obvious thing to add to boundless would be a brief snare immunity. I don’t think that would be OP. Let’s face it, bound aegis gives 2 buffs, but they are 2 buffs every class has access to. Heck NBs get them passively for both attacking and running away. Haha.

Changing the way pets work and making them instant cast (and some how only needing to be on one bar) would be a huge improvement for sorcs on so many levels. I fully support it. Not quite sure how that would go. Some people like running around with a toggle herd. If it were up to me, your pet would simply appear when cast it and dissapear when it’s done it’s thing. It’s hard to not keep bringing up nighblades, but Shades should be the model for how pets work in this game.