Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yet another JC writ post (with ideas)

WIZZARD2K
WIZZARD2K
✭✭✭
Some jc writs I've received recently:
TcH0v1U.jpg
kh0Zqfj.jpg
lCBGOFr.jpg

A recent woodworking writ for comparison:
rkjD5Jd.jpg

A recent blacksmith writ for comparison:
8bzowcX.jpg

In order to bring the jc writs into the line of something people might actually want to craft, either triple the reward, or drop the quality of improvement required one tier. Even with the improvements made to JC (and I'm a fan of everything from the dust in ore nodes, to grains from daily writs, to the improvement cost reduction) writs are still just a disappointment. I'd rather get a survey, because that at least is worth the effort. Anything over ~900g/voucher is lost money on PC/NA as you can buy anything you need at that rate.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    we just need more platings. Platings become more rare and harder to acquire the higher the quality. I did a post in this already but basically this plating grains thing needs to die. Either that or deconstructing rings should return platings, not grains and 10 grains should refine into multiple platings, the same way wood, metal etc refine.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the whole Grains thing needs to go and Platings need to drop like Tempers do.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    well the last two jewelry writs I have received, one today and the other sunday had 394 and 422 vouchers. so they do exist.
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    The last few epic writs I recieved were around 140 vouchers and the last legendary I received was 386. I think you have bad luck or those are from before the last update.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    db0ssman wrote: »
    The last few epic writs I recieved were around 140 vouchers and the last legendary I received was 386. I think you have bad luck or those are from before the last update.

Out of 15 toons I get daily standard trait epics that are in the 30s, daily standard trait legendaries that are in the 100s. I get the better traited high voucher ones too but mostly I get the low crap.

Either way I have made my piece with them. They drop so often you can pick the good ones to save and do, and just delete the bad ones.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • db0ssman
    db0ssman
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    db0ssman wrote: »

Out of 15 toons I get daily standard trait epics that are in the 30s, daily standard trait legendaries that are in the 100s. I get the better traited high voucher ones too but mostly I get the low crap.

Either way I have made my piece with them. They drop so often you can pick the good ones to save and do, and just delete the bad ones.

Yeah, the 400 voucher legendary and 140 voucher epic writs are barely worth doing. I can't imagine even considering wasting my time on scraping together the mats I'd need for a legendary to get 100 vouchers back. That's like spending 3,000 gold a voucher to complete it.
    Starfire Protocol lvl 50 NB Redmage healer - Main + Master Crafter
    Gives Good Heed lvl 50 Warden Super Buff Healer
    Crafty Smyth lvl 50 Stamblade Poison Assassin - Farmer
    Everyon's Pal Adin lvl 44 Templar Splash Healer
    Stands Against Danger lvl 16 DK Tank -ex mule
    Matriarch Tamer lvl 18 Baby Sorc Healer
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    we just need more platings. Platings become more rare and harder to acquire the higher the quality. I did a post in this already but basically this plating grains thing needs to die. Either that or deconstructing rings should return platings, not grains and 10 grains should refine into multiple platings, the same way wood, metal etc refine.

For me its really easy to find legendary plating. The rarest seems to be purple plating for me. This is guild store wise.
    Edited by karekiz on September 19, 2018 1:55AM
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    well the last two jewelry writs I have received, one today and the other sunday had 394 and 422 vouchers. so they do exist.

ok....so lets take a look at that. Right now a single voucher is worth between 800 and 850 TOPS in gold (figured by seeing what voucher purchasable items sell for, divided by the number of vouchers it takes to get them). So at 422 vouchers you're looking at 358K in cash, being VERY optimistic! And I GUARANTEE you the cost to craft that writ is at least 410K gold, if not 425. So craft that writ and IMMEDIATELY you lose 60K+ gold.

JC MASTERS WRITS ARE GARBAGE! They need to completely change them or simply stop rewarding them. I'd be OK with the later....it would cease being a reminder of just how out of touch or incompetent ZOS devs are.
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and by way of comparison blacksmithing masters are 1/5th to 1/3rd the cost to craft per voucher.
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's much closer than it was in the past. That doesn't necessarily make it good though. A few things I'd change would be to up the number of vouchers for healthy, robust and arcane. The multiplier associated with the other traits makes the 3 base traits very undervalued (voucher wise) by comparison. There is absolutely no way I'm doing an epic healthy ring for 30 vouchers when an infused one (with less than 1k additional cost) will reward 60+.

If they ever decide to add a hireling, it may reduce the overall rarity of gold mats very slightly, but could improve supply of purple mats a noticeable amount, making the epic writs a bit more valuable.

These two changes might be what it takes to make the majority of the jewelry master writs a bit more reasonable.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest fix would be for 10 grains to refine into 6-10 platings, just like raw mats.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold jewelry master writs are currently not worth doing, there are some purple that are partially worth doing but only if their value is greater than 97 and are the 3 basic and infused. Otherwise add another 20 writs and it is meh. A lot of people sell jewelry master writs pretty cheap so make sure to check which ones they are having. But tbfh clothier master writs are far easier to do than jewelry ones.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)