The PlayStation® Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of February 25:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – February 25, 3:00AM EST (08:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA megaserver for maintenance– February 27, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 27, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance– February 27, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
Cannot change e-mail address on record to an address which I can access.
Edited by Shadowshire on September 24, 2018 3:42AM
- Attempting to access my Microsoft Hotmail account (which I've used for about 10 years) during the past 5 days always results in the same error message. I have not been able to identify any way to notifiy Microsoft about the problem. It doesn't seem likely that they know about it and, if they do, then they will do anything about it any time soon (if ever).
- So, I need to change the e-mail address recorded for my ZOS TESO player account.
- Unfortunately, the automated method for doing that assumes -- in this case, incorrectly -- that the player has access to e-mail at the address which is currently on their TESO player account record. Which is to say, since I do not have access to the "code" which was sent to the Hotmail account, I cannot enter that "code" as a way of authenticating the change.
- When I attempted to log-in to leave a message to Support, however, the software informed me that it doesn't recognize the IP address which I have been using to connect to the ZOS website and to play the game, respectively. Therefore the "support" log-in software sent an "access code" to the Hotmail address on the ZOS record -- which I cannot access.
- Without that "code" to enter, I cannot log-in to leave a message for the Support staff. So far, however, I have had no problems logging-in to my player account in order to attempt to change the e-mail addess on record or to play TESO.
- It is abundantly clear to one and all that ZOS either (a) doesn't know how to design and implement an MMORPG worthy of the lore brought to life in The Elder Scrolls games , or (b) doesn't want to spend the time, effort, and money to do so. Now it appears that they don't know how to run a business either.
Please re-read items #1 through #5 again, then advise.
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA
KEEP PvE SEPARATE FROM PvP!
NO TO TEL VAR STONES LOOTING! Looting the "corpse" of another player's avatar creates a community of harassment, leeching and griefing. We don't want mechanics that allow any player to feed on another's misfortune or to compound the cost of mistakes they have made in learning!
nil carborundum illegitimi