Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can older arena weapons get buffed? And be made more accessible?

Epicasballs
Epicasballs
✭✭✭✭
Perfected Blackrose weapons are a 1 and 2 piece set similar to how old vMA and vDSA weapons. With damage shields being nerfed many players still struggling to get vMA, vDSA and Perfected vAS weapons may never get a chance. Newer players are going to be left far behind in terms of gear as compared to veteran players.

What I suggest is simple... make perfected vMA, vDSA and change slightly how to obtain vAS Perfected weapons. All normal vDSA and vMA runs should drop a normal weapon and vet clears drop a Perfected version with an added 1 and 2 piece similar to the new Blackrose wepaons. Make the current Perfected vAS weapons the normal versions and have the new 2 piece Perfected versions drop from vAS+0 and not hardmode(there's a skin for HM).

Alter any currently held weapons players have in their inventory accordingly to avoid an uproar. This raises the floor for newer players but still gives older players a slight edge over them bridging the gap and making harder content easier with better gear being made more accessible to all.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭
    They won’t do that, if they do it’ll be after murkmire dlc so they can sell it.
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭

@crazy_catman21 well this would be considered a base game change(not new content but changes to existing content) so it's hard to sell soemthing you get for free.
  • crazy_catman21
    crazy_catman21
    ✭✭✭

@crazy_catman21 well this would be considered a base game change(not new content but changes to existing content) so it's hard to sell soemthing you get for free.

No it’s to sell murkmire. If murkmire weapons only have the 1pc bonus more ppl will buy it so they can get those weapons.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that currently owned Master and Maelstrom weapons would become Perfected? I’d be ok with it either way (existing weapons getting a buff or revitalizing vMA and vDSA to get a more powerful version), just want to clarify. The addition of a stat bonus to these weapons would really help make them competitive after the Summerset changes that destroyed many of them.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos has stats on skill isage, im sure there's some way for them to find out things like zero people equip asylum dual weild...
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys the entire dlc will be free apparently if you wait...
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    Guys the entire dlc will be free apparently if you wait...

As a daily reward bonus yeah, pretty awesome.
    Perfected Blackrose weapons are a 1 and 2 piece set similar to how old vMA and vDSA weapons. With damage shields being nerfed many players still struggling to get vMA, vDSA and Perfected vAS weapons may never get a chance. Newer players are going to be left far behind in terms of gear as compared to veteran players.

What I suggest is simple... make perfected vMA, vDSA and change slightly how to obtain vAS Perfected weapons. All normal vDSA and vMA runs should drop a normal weapon and vet clears drop a Perfected version with an added 1 and 2 piece similar to the new Blackrose wepaons. Make the current Perfected vAS weapons the normal versions and have the new 2 piece Perfected versions drop from vAS+0 and not hardmode(there's a skin for HM).

Alter any currently held weapons players have in their inventory accordingly to avoid an uproar. This raises the floor for newer players but still gives older players a slight edge over them bridging the gap and making harder content easier with better gear being made more accessible to all.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Totally agree, the new way Zos has added these weapons since a year or so is with the 1-piece bonus for veteran/perfected items. It would be awesome if they apply it retroactively.

• ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We asked about this hundreds of times, they don't care.
    Edited by ruikkarikun on September 23, 2018 8:26PM
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that currently owned Master and Maelstrom weapons would become Perfected? I’d be ok with it either way (existing weapons getting a buff or revitalizing vMA and vDSA to get a more powerful version), just want to clarify. The addition of a stat bonus to these weapons would really help make them competitive after the Summerset changes that destroyed many of them.

@WrathOfInnos Yes make currently owned vMA and vDSA weapons perfected. Make currently owned normal vAS weapons have the current perfected effects and make currently owned Perfected vAS weapons have another set piece. ZOS removed stats from them once so it stands to reason they can add stats back to them to avoid any backlash for forcing players back into content to grind for weapons again. The change I have suggested also keeps everything consistent which avoids confusion when new players are trying to learn what to farm and how for the weapons they want. Currently things are not consistent at all.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been suggested making the weapons that drop from vDSA and vMA perfect weapons and giving them back the old static stat boost.

With that idea it was to put the normal, or imperfect weapons as they currently are, into the normal version of each of those instances.

This is at least similar to what OP is suggesting. Of course it would be a boon for much of the game since nMA and nDSA are pretty easy.
    Edited by idk on September 23, 2018 10:13PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of the new weapons are not very good anyway perfect or otherwise.

Most of the old ones aren't very good either perfect or otherwise...

They have to be better than the best Monster set for me to even consider it. I wouldn't complain if they buffed them, but it would mostly be an irrelevant exercise.
    Edited by kojou on September 23, 2018 11:46PM
    Playing since beta...
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long answers short... no. They want you to pay for DLCs.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos should buffd the old weapons set, and they have to increase the difficulity, too old too easy.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I approve this message:

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Zos should buffd the old weapons set, and they have to increase the difficulity, too old too easy.

vMA is not easy, especially for people who haven't gotten the weapons from it already.
    Get off your rocker "old man" and take off your rose-tinted glasses about your "5 miles, uphill both ways" because you didn't like it and wouldn't like to go back to that. You're just wishing the same punishment on everyone which is why endgame is the 1% of people who aren't put off by that already.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 24, 2018 1:42AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI, those weapons, Maelstrom weapons for example, come from DLCs that are optional and newer players may not be paying for because "old content, worse rewards" so this would actually get them to "pay for DLCs".

You're argument is actually supporting the OP's point.
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another point I would like to add is that any good MMO is based on progression. Normal vMA and vDSA are futile exercises that only slightly prepare you for the veteran versions. By adding normal weapon drops from normal vMA and vDSA would make clearing the veteran content easier with better gear and gives players a way to progress through more and more difficult content and be rewarded for it along the way.
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭

No it’s to sell murkmire. If murkmire weapons only have the 1pc bonus more ppl will buy it so they can get those weapons.

Murkmire will probably be given for free in login reward soon
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping it up, no reason not to. Vet BRP weapons with their extra 1pc bonus kills me to look at.
    Edited by Epicasballs on January 9, 2019 5:13AM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI, those weapons, Maelstrom weapons for example, come from DLCs that are optional and newer players may not be paying for because "old content, worse rewards" so this would actually get them to "pay for DLCs".

You're argument is actually supporting the OP's point.

IF older weapons would be weaker than new ones, then yes...but they arent weaker, some are, but most weapons used by DD's are still vMA or vDSA (if vMA is to hard for them)

Magicka DD.... vMA Firedestro is BIS on all competitive Builds
    PVP wise, vDAS Destro is strong aswell.

Stamina DD's... vMA Bow and vDSA Bow are pretty close in terms of ST dmg, but vMA Bow is Aoe.
    PVP Wise, iv'e seen vDSA, vAS bows, vMA 2h, DSA DW, vAS 2h

Healing...wel vDSA Staff is still very strong, especially if you do content doable with many Stamchars.
    vAS resto is ok, same for vMA resto.

SnB...well never see anyone running them in PVE, since 2x5pcs + monsterset is way more powerfull
    PVP wise its IMO the same, SnB sets are quite underwhelming

Everything else ismostly unused.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping it up, no reason not to. Vet BRP weapons with their 1pc bonus kills me to look at.

How? If you are going to say it "kills" you to look at then explain how?

The design is great. Normal is pretty easy to clear and people can get the normal weapons. They get a very small additional bonus to clearing the more challenging content.

Zos started this over a year ago with how they designed AS and then again with CR gear.

It has even been suggested (and I repeated that suggestion above) that the skill altering weapons be made available in nDSA and nMA with a perfect version adding the old static stat be made available with completing vet in a more challenging manner such as no sigils.

It is such a good idea that if Zos were to make a change it would likely be along those lines. Apparently one of the class reps have said Zos has considered this but are not doing it now because it would take additional dungeon work. Of course that was just a class rep saying that.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed that all old arena weapons need 1 piece bonuses. Additionally, some of them need their 2pc bonuses changed.
    • VMA two hander needs a buff. The dot is far too weak to be useful whatsoever, in addition to the fact that there is already very little reason to slot a gap closer in the first place. I'd recommend either changing the effect to something different entirely, or increasing the damage a little more. While it is important to be careful about buffing the damage as gap closers in general are powerful Xv1 tools since they ignore snare immunity, there needs to be some reason to use a vma 2h over any other option.
    • VMA dual wield is outdated now. as flurry is no longer used whatsoever. The 2 pc would have to be re hauled to make the vma DW worthwhile.
    • The asylum dual wield is pointless. In both pvp and pve, there is no place whatsoever for it. Consider changing the 2pc entirely to be something different (but please no proc damage on steel tornado, that would be very bad)
    • The resource restore buff you get after using heroic slash with a vma s&b should be increased to a 15 second duration. This will allow for ample time to get a heavy attack off after using the slash, instead of forcing you to follow up the slash immediately with a heavy attack.
    • Master's dual wield should have it's additional damage reduced to a flat 1,000. 1,500 was too much, 1,250 is still too much. 1,000 would be reasonable.
    • Asylum destro might become grossly OP with the return of a 1pc stat bonus.
    • Gallant charge (blackrose s&b) is useless. Consider re hauling 2pc to something different.
    • Asylum resto is barely used. Consider changing 2 pc.
    • DSA 2h is too hard to use, in the sense that cleave's aoe is so small and difficult to aim that you gain almost no benefit from the 2pc. Consider buffing the damage component, or changing cleave's range/radius.

If I neglected anything my apologies, these are just my experiences so far.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol wrong thread, delete this.
    Edited by Didaco on January 9, 2019 10:30PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SnB...well never see anyone running them in PVE, since 2x5pcs + monsterset is way more powerfull
    PVP wise its IMO the same, SnB sets are quite underwhelming

I've seen PvP tank builds using vDSA S&B with Ransack/Pierce as a spammable with built-in healing (that also procs Troll King). Not sure how good they are, I'm not PvP type, but people seem to run it.
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too bad ZOS missed out on the last paragraph of this thread from almost 2 years ago.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

I have 9 vma inferno staffs, golded out, and traited for my 3 mag toons. 3 each. Each one has either a beserker enchant, daedra enchant or sustain enchant so I never have to swap enchants on any toon... just the staff depending on the situation.

3 master bows, golded out, and traited for my stam pvp toons.

1 master inferno, golded out, and traited for a mag pvp toon.

1 master lightning, golded out, and traited for mag pvp toon.

1 master resto, golded out and traited for pve healer.

3 vma resto, golded out and traited for both pve and pvp.

2 vma bows, golded out, and traited for pve stam toons.

2 master daggers, golded out and traited for pvp.

2 master axes, golded out and traited for pvp.

1 vma battleaxe, golded out and traited for pvp.

1 master greatsword, golded out and traited pve/pvp.

1 master battleaxe, golded out and traited for pve/pvp.

Honestly so many vma daggers/axes golded out and traited but stowed away hoping for a day when they'll be vaible again I couldn't list them all... probably 8-10 in various traits and enchants.

3 vma lightning, golded out and traited for pve.

The amount of progress I stand to lose if these are not upgraded in U26 is shocking. Time, in game resources... all wasted. Given the state of performance right now and having years of progress reset what's the point in playing post U26? Honest question

I feel partly responsible for being one of the players that lobbied for the arena weapon changes... not upgrading them weapons in U26 is a big oof. Not like this ZOS... please.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »

vMA is not easy, especially for people who haven't gotten the weapons from it already.
    Get off your rocker "old man" and take off your rose-tinted glasses about your "5 miles, uphill both ways" because you didn't like it and wouldn't like to go back to that. You're just wishing the same punishment on everyone which is why endgame is the 1% of people who aren't put off by that already.

The arena was created for CP360 if I remember correctly. I'd actually like to have a Hard Mode or something to scale it up.

Same with vDSA, which was made for CP180. With a full party of CP810 players you spend as much time waiting for adds to spawn as you spend fighting. That is also the reason why I don't want to go there anymore. It's just boring.
  • Alentarlixia
    Alentarlixia
    ✭✭✭✭
    With damage shields being nerfed many players still struggling to get vMA, vDSA and Perfected vAS weapons may never get a chance.

I see no problem.