Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who Wants a CP Battleground Option?

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Or give us a 16 v 16 v 16 CP enabled arena called skirmish ...

Put it in a defensive setting and have the arena designed so it's a breach

Basically one team of 16 on the inside defending two teams trying to push in like a keep take in cyrodil only more doors which degrade over time ...
    what are you talking about? their matchmaking system cant handle with 12 players. usually i need to waste half an hour because of queue and "someone declined the invite" bug to get into the empty arena, to stuck there and hope to be kicked out fast without a penalty. then i need to wait another half an hour to get into a 4v4v3/3v3v4 match. i bet you will wait your 48 players till the second coming
  • lucky_dutch
    lucky_dutch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely 100% against this. It's hard enough to get games without the player base being split.

They just need to make non-CP Battlegrounds not-***.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    I get why currently battlegrounds are no cp, but I would want zos to separate battlegrounds into a cp and no cp category, then allow the player to decide.

I want to be able to use the extra regen etc that I've grown accustomed to. Currently with no cp, bg has a very different feel and the gameplay is very different as a result.

Let us play the way we do in cyrodiil but in small groups zos.

Please.

My only issue is as a regular BGer I'd lose some competitive content to dedicated CP players. Even if they prefer BGs to cyrodiiil they prefer CP to non in any context. Hard to argue with that PoV, and I feel selfish even bringing it up.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No thanks. Splitting the playerbase is never a good thing.
    Personal Opinion Incoming: Cyrodiil should be no CP too.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭

I was pro-CP. I made a killing in CP battlegrounds. I thought non-CP was for lowbies like the pre-50.

After the 2 week event last year, I only play in Sotha Sil and non-CP now. It's so much better. As stated earlier in the thread, it's less about bloated stats and numbers, and more about skill.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Ankaridan for real, I was super nervous about trying out no-CP at first. I run a HA Stamplar Khajiit, so I thought sustain would go to heck. Turns out, it isn't even close to being as bad as I expected, fights do feel more skill-based and exciting.

In cp, I often get out-cheesed and find some of my deaths are quite underwhelming. In no-cp, my deaths typically come down to me being dumb or being outplayed, which is something I can appreciate and learn from.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankaridan wrote: »

I was pro-CP. I made a killing in CP battlegrounds. I thought non-CP was for lowbies like the pre-50.

After the 2 week event last year, I only play in Sotha Sil and non-CP now. It's so much better. As stated earlier in the thread, it's less about bloated stats and numbers, and more about skill.

It's common that people think non-CP PVP is for less experienced players, I'd argue that isn't always true.

While it is true that people are harder to kill in CP PVP, CP is also used as a massive crutch.

All you need to do is build defensively and you will appear impossible to kill, making others think you are 'good' or 'OP'.

Such a crutch does not exist in non-cp. You can still build as a tank, but then, you will be unable to kill anyone. Unlike in CP where you can be incredibly tanky but still capable of getting kills.

I believe it is a fact that heals and other mitigation are overtuned in CP. ZOS is onto this but doesn't care because if players are dying less (even if they aren't that good), they will keep playing the game which is what they want.

So even though players are usually easier to kill in non-cp, it is also easier for *you* to be killed. So, in that respect a level of balance is achieved.

I would only humour the argument of "Non CP is for lowbies or bad players", after seeing that person raising the argument do consistently well in non CP over a certain period of time.

It's not a true argument.
  • awesomedave55
    awesomedave55
    ✭✭
    This would slove alot of the problems in BGs, making the hardcore pvpers go someplace else leaving the causal players a safe(er) space to enjoy the objective based things instead of CTF with maxium deathmatch every game.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i want cp bgs or a balance update for no-cp pvp
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No CP, my 2c.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember the 4 person DPS Tanks the last time we had CP BG's???

Made for zero fun IMO.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+