Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What does one smoke out of a hooka?

Drinks_Gathers
Drinks_Gathers
Soul Shriven
What does one smoke out of a hooka in the world of Nirn? We all seen hookas around etc. I am very curious for what substances are actually smoked? Is it a psychedelic, or may it be stimulants? Please no inappropriate comments, this stays in the world of Nirn. https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipN1rFucyA577n_bt6_kw8afjSNIzRdKL7T94j9L
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...I would assume Skooma.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Greek grandfather had a hookah (for real). He didn't smoke cigarettes, and I never found out why he had it. It was never hidden. He displayed it prominently in his house.
    I'm an adult now and I'm still terrified to ask my mother about it. LOL.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    google: eso drugs

nothing really tobacco or cannabis related that I remember seeing...

lots of mushroom type stuff...

as far as I can remember skooma is refined moonsugar...moonsugar is regular old sugar cane, only difference being the water (from the topal sea) in which it grows...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably lots of ground-up mushrooms mixed with skooma. *shrug*
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    nothing really tobacco or cannabis related that I remember seeing...

@geonsocal Actually tobacco is a thing that exists in ES:IV Oblivion.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna say Skoomah.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    every time khajiit smoke that stuff it ends up in a horrible ride home!

giphy.webp
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the actual title of the object?
  • GreenHere
    GreenHere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice try, officer! I won't be tricked into admitting to you which illegal drugs I smoke in my hookah!

I mean.. I wouldn't know. What are the hookah?
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer grind up torchbugs and smoke them! ( it’s in the description of the Devoted Torchbug pet)
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you want, man, whateeevver you wan
    PC EU & NA
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomaa!!!!!!!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    They smoke shrooms that grow in guar poo.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah break it up and snort it......thats my troll post of the day :blush:
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does one smoke out of a hooka in the world of Nirn? We all seen hookas around etc. I am very curious for what substances are actually smoked? Is it a psychedelic, or may it be stimulants? Please no inappropriate comments, this stays in the world of Nirn. https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipN1rFucyA577n_bt6_kw8afjSNIzRdKL7T94j9L

Moon sugar of course.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• sho_nuff
    sho_nuff
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine tobacco. I bet skooma would gum it up and ruin it.
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one smokes the calcified essence of his enemies tears.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be the best, you gotta smoke the best.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skooma..
    In TES3: Morrowind you find "Skooma Pipes" every where.
    Even the head of the Blades has one under his bed with several Skooma Viles.
    Note: If you never played TES3, if you went to a merchant and had Skooma in your inventory, they would refuse to do business with you till you got rid of it. :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything your little heart desires, provided you can lite it up!
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the actual title of the object?

Skooma Bubbler. Because in the world of Elder Scrolls theyre used to smoke skooma. Tobacco exists as well but we have no indication that people in Tamriel smoke it, possibly they chew it instead.

In real life obviously one smokes tobacco or possibly a substance that is illegal in the United States which means I cant say its name on ZoS forums, but in game and dating back to at least Morrowind (Caius Cosades kept a Skooma Bubbler by his bed) theyve been exclusively shown as Skooma pipes.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy hookah tobacco in many flavors at most Mediterranean stores. I do not recommend the use of ANY tobacco though.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little skooma now and again. Refined sweetest sugar.

All things in moderation yes.

The slightly misty atmosphere on the ground floor of Castle Claws is unrelated no. That is caused by umm.. the orc … cooking … cooking pancakes. Pancakes yes!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    My Greek grandfather had a hookah (for real). He didn't smoke cigarettes, and I never found out why he had it. It was never hidden. He displayed it prominently in his house.
    I'm an adult now and I'm still terrified to ask my mother about it. LOL.

start here and welcome to your heritage. LOL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_nOoZCGtd8
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it was just an incense burner...
    PS4 NA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else find it weird that we have skooma bubblers, numerous quests involving skooma and/or moon sugar and several sugar plantations but actual skooma and even moon sugar (which is relatively harmless) don't appear anywhere in the game?
    Skooma..
    Note: If you never played TES3, if you went to a merchant and had Skooma in your inventory, they would refuse to do business with you till you got rid of it. :)

That drives me mad. I'd defeat some bandits, take everything that wasn't nailed down, head back to town to offload it and suddenly the merchants are having a go at me just because I wasn't paying attention when I looted the place.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Anyone else find it weird that we have skooma bubblers, numerous quests involving skooma and/or moon sugar and several sugar plantations but actual skooma and even moon sugar (which is relatively harmless) don't appear anywhere in the game?
    Skooma..

That drives me mad. I'd defeat some bandits, take everything that wasn't nailed down, head back to town to offload it and suddenly the merchants are having a go at me just because I wasn't paying attention when I looted the place.

Nah, what drives me mad is when I plonk the slooma on the counter, do the dirties, and then forget where I left the skooma, it's called the creeper syndrome.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be moon sugar in Tamriel yes. As a provisioning ingredient.

When the great food upheaval it happened it was replaced with beets. No amount of mewing or wailing in despair could get them to return our sugar no.

Hence why Khajiit produces her short films under the name "Beetroll Studios" - as opposed to the sweetroll yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People smoke out of those? This whole time I have only been using it to burn incense in.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skooma..
    In ESO hooka's are named Khajiit skooma bubblers on the blueprint and the items, you can craft them.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.