The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Mystikkals Propsed Changes To Improve PvP

Mystikkal
Mystikkal
✭✭✭
This is mostly from a BG perspective.

Endless Fury - We are trying to change all these things about mag sorcs to balance them. At the end of the day, the only real problem with Sorcs is Endless Fury. Sorcs don't top scoreboards in BGs for any reason except for that they have an auto execute. Just change the skill so it doesn't just sit on the person until they drop below 20% health. You should have to time it. Or make it so it only executes if you did most of the damage to the target. Sorcs are already at an advantage because they can execute from a distance. Just make it take some skill. I know sorcs that say, I don't BG because I don't do anything except execute. You do all the work and I just sit back and steal kills. If you want, give them a buff to offset this nerf (if you really call it a nerf, I'd just say it's more of a fix). I don't care, but just fix this skill.

Healing/Grouping - This game promotes grouping up way too much. I understand that we want to encourage more casual players to PvP which means allowing them to have more success in PvP. This is largely accomplished by allowing casual players to outnumber their opponents, implementing an AoE cap and promoting staying close to allies for group heals/buffs. But it's gone too far. Healing as a ball group is just too strong, even in in BG. At very high level play with organized groups, this game is mostly about timing ults together and stacking up for heals. Games often become boring where teams have extreme difficulty killing each other. We need to spread the fight out a little. I'm open to ideas on how to best accomplish that. At the end of the day, when 4 players all sit on each other, they need to be punished. It shouldn't be good to sit on each other. Stay close, don't get caught out, use your teammates, yes.. all these things are good. But group up, pop aoe buffs and heals and just sit there, that shouldn't be a thing. That should be punished. Out in Cyrodill, fine. I get it, you want to protect the casual players. And don't want 4 players to come wipe them all, so I get the AoE cap. But don't ruin BGs. You already have an MMR system to protect players. That's enough. Make them have to land abilities. Make the good players have to do more than hit 2 dawnbreakers at once.

How to accomplish spreading people out? A few ideas. Nerf group healing. Improve AoEs. Implement a healing cap (e.g. can only take so much healing over a given period of time - this will help with the overly heavy support teams where no one can kill anyone).

A few other shout outs. Speed pots are OP (yes I know everyone can use them, but the duration is just stupid). Purge needs to be fixed. A DK can apply 3 dots that all get removed with one button that is spammed. Put an increased cost for use like dodge roll or something. But its just too strong against classes that have no option but to play dots.
Edited by Mystikkal on September 21, 2018 9:56PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're having problems killing a tightly stacked group that's probably because they are a premade group consisting of high skilled players and there's literally nothing ZOS can do about it. All of your suggestions to nerf groups (more AOE damage, less healing received, etc) would only serve to make the premades even stronger comparatively since an organized group can come up with solutions to deal with the new meta more efficiently than pugs can.

I wish they would just split the queue between premades and solo players.

As for the sorc execute---I bet you won't see many of those next patch xD
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wanted AoEs to work like this:

Damage calculates based on how many enemies are in the radius of the AoE.

So if you use an AoE on a single player in a duel you would only do a minimal amount of damage with that skill. However, versus a group of 5-10 it's going to be much more potent. This would help a lot versus bunched up teams with healbots.

Not much to do against timed AoEs. I've been on a flag holding it with a few guys and a stam Sorc and stam Warden come with their respective Negate and Permafrost. That's a very lethal combo especially when the group is silenced and stunned. But it's good strategy on their part. And they reap the rewards.

Endless fury has it's issues but I'd argue that an RNG passive execute (Implosion) that claims other people's kills even when they aren't in range is worse. The fact that these two executes work together is just so damn silly.

For the cost of Purge, I would not like to see any nerfs to it but unfortunately it will probably be on the chopping block soon. Non-templars will always choose the Efficient morph. Does anyone even know what the other morph does? ZoS seems to always gut the popular morph to make the other one more desirable.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    If you're having problems killing a tightly stacked group that's probably because they are a premade group consisting of high skilled players and there's literally nothing ZOS can do about it. All of your suggestions to nerf groups (more AOE damage, less healing received, etc) would only serve to make the premades even stronger comparatively since an organized group can come up with solutions to deal with the new meta more efficiently than pugs can.

I wish they would just split the queue between premades and solo players.

As for the sorc execute---I bet you won't see many of those next patch xD

Don't worry, even premades can't win against a PUG group if you have a healer that is "god-like". Good thing that's the rarest thing to see in BGs, right? One is in every match I play: me :D