Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock a Stunning Villa, Mount & Pet during the Summerfall Event"

• Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    Think positive, still got a week to go.

I'm positive we wont make it! Lol
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event/details/FAQ: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

Community Progress:
    September 18 - 20% default community- progress meter (pre-event) from players who already had the achievement
    September 19 - 20% no increase because the event hadn't officially started yet
    September 20 - Day 1 - 35% (+15% for 9/18 and 9/19)
    September 21 - Day 2 - 42% (+7% for 9/20)
    September 22 - Day 3 - X%
    September 23 - Day 4 - X%
    September 24 - Day 5 - X%
    September 25 - Day 6 - X%
    September 26 - Day 7 - X%
    September 27 - Day 8 - X%
    September 28 - Day 9 - X%
    Summerfall Event ends on Friday, September 28 at 10:00AM EDT.

I've already done my part and got the Summerset Pathfinder achievement across several accounts on both PC/NA and PC/EU.
    It is still early into the event, but so far the community is averaging about 7%-8% per day, aside for the default 20% starting point. If this rate doesn't improve and spike upwards, then we won't reach the Psijic Grand Villa in time. :neutral:
    20 (default 20%) + 22 (% gained in the past 3 days) = 42% (current %).
    42 (current %) + [7 (7% earned daily) x 7 (7 days left)] = 91%.
    Even if it was 8% gained daily on average, we would still only be at 98%.

Anyone a Statistician, or am I overthinking? :lol:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lorem123 wrote: »
    albesca wrote: »
    I think this is unlikely as it would backfire spectacularly.
    As many other greedy choices ZoS made in the past and keeps making. So I wouldn't be surprised.

I firmly believe they already decided how this event ends, whether we win it or not. The progress can easily be fudged and entirely hiding the actual numbers makes it even easier to quietly manipulate it without arising suspicions.

What we'll see is whether they think it makes more business sense to deliver the reward they used as bait to sell more Summerset (because this whole event is bait to sell Summerset, with the accompanying discount - and that's just fine, if we get the reward), or if they think their usual greedy ways are better.

TBF they didn’t use us a bait. They offered a nice carrot to sell more copies and those of us that already have Summerset get to be in on the action.

But yes. It’ll be nice for everyone to get such a grand home.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thursday is not equal to Sunday

People play more at weekends.
    So it's gonna be more added next 3 days.
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »

Thursday is not equal to Sunday

People play more at weekends.
    So it's gonna be more added next 3 days.

Hopefully we see some good uptick in %s for Friday through Sunday, otherwise, the rest of the week for the event might be a drag.
    That's why averages are averages. Friday through Sunday might be 10% gains, but Mon-Thurs might be 7%. Who knows. It'll be interesting to see. :smile:
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Lorem123
    Lorem123
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    TBF they didn’t use us a bait. They offered a nice carrot to sell more copies and those of us that already have Summerset get to be in on the action.

But yes. It’ll be nice for everyone to get such a grand home.
    It's the *chance* to get something. Until we're actually guaranteed to get it, that qualifies as bait.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bzz86 wrote: »
    only 42% - not looking great..... some people probably dont even know this is happening ;-)

I'd wager quite a few don't. I did a dungeon last night and one of my group mates had no clue. I think a lot of people don't bother with the chat for whatever reason because every time I log in someone is in chat spreading the good word. He was grateful for the info and jumped right on it as well as spreading the word.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    i will jump into the train if we could get the 100%. please convice me xD
    btw the email announcement is really helpful
    Edited by evoniee on September 21, 2018 10:57PM
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You're Invited to participate in the Summerfall Event" is a terrible title for an email spam blast if you want higher open rates.

Come on, ZOS! Clickbait better! :p

Edited by Lake on September 22, 2018 3:32AM
  • VinRockB
    VinRockB
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I would like some clarification that the goal we have to reach is a set number and not a certain percent of accounts that activated Summerset. If it is like 60% of the accounts that own Summerset, then making another account on another server is pointless and a waste of time. If it is a set number, then everyone should do it.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VinRockB wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I would like some clarification that the goal we have to reach is a set number and not a certain percent of accounts that activated Summerset. If it is like 60% of the accounts that own Summerset, then making another account on another server is pointless and a waste of time. If it is a set number, then everyone should do it.

See here:
    ricam wrote: »
    I am hoping this is NOT 100 percent of the owners of Summerset and its 100 percent of a set number of ppl. Because I know a few people in the Carolinas that own summerset and have no power or ability to even be in their homes atm.

Just to clarify, we're not looking for 100% of Summerset players to complete the achievement.

Ok? Then 100% of????

The 100% completion goal on the Summerfall Event progress meter is a goal-post we set when designing this event that we believe everyone has a high likelihood of reaching. We want you all to have fun with this event and successfully earn all three event rewards, and we chose a goal with that in mind.

While we aren’t disclosing numbers – that would take away from the fun! – we can again confirm that “100%” does not mean 100% of all players who own ESO or even Summerset.

And here:
    ravendies wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    So I'm still wondering I have already gotten the achievement on NA Server, will getting the achievement on an EU Server character count towards the goal? I'm sure I am not the only one who is wondering this. I just want to be able to help more if possible.

Yes, it's once per account per platform & megaserver. So you could technically do it up to 6 times (3 platforms of 2 megaservers each).

Or, here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

• LoupSolitaire
    LoupSolitaire
    ✭✭
    Only 5 more percent,no villa for sure...And maybe no mount.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only 5 more percent,no villa for sure...And maybe no mount.

Ouch. Only 5% on not only a Friday but also a day when ZOS had a streamed event dedicated to this. Not looking good.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep don't think it's getting to 100%
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event/details/FAQ: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

Community Progress:
    September 18 - 20% default community- progress meter (pre-event) from players who already had the achievement
    September 19 - 20% no increase because the event hadn't officially started yet
    September 20 - Day 1 - 35% (+15% for 9/18 and 9/19)
    September 21 - Day 2 - 42% (+7% for 9/20)
    September 22 - Day 3 - 47% (+5% for 9/21, even when ZOS live-streamed the event on Twitch, on a Friday...)
    September 23 - Day 4 - X%
    September 24 - Day 5 - X%
    September 25 - Day 6 - X%
    September 26 - Day 7 - X%
    September 27 - Day 8 - X%
    September 28 - Day 9 - X%
    Summerfall Event ends on Friday, September 28 at 10:00AM EDT.
  • Magica
    Magica
    ✭✭
    Finished my part today. Already had done the achievement on my Xbox EU account soon after release. Today I also did it with a newly made character on the US server. I also made sure that my son his account got the achievement on the EU server, gonna try to get it done on the US server when I have some more time. So that counts as 3 more, hopefully it will be 4.

Good luck to all of us!
    I really hope we can make it, my son and I would love to have that beautiful house. It is such a cool event in which we as a community can earn something really nice for all of us!
    Edited by Magica on September 22, 2018 5:14PM
    Xbox One EU server

Main alliance is the Ebonheart Pact. "For the pact!"

EP Katleyn Battle-Born - Nord - Templar - 50 Champion 584
    AD Dallandra Devabriel - High Elf - Sorcerer - 50 Champion 584
    DC Gwendolyn Gemane - Breton - DragonKnight - 50 Champion 584
    EP Nimloth Shadow Strider - Wood Elf - NightBlade - 50 Champion 584
    DC Auraya Branoic - Imperial - Sorcerer - 50 Champion 584
    AD Jumps-off-Cliffs - Khajiit - Nightblade - lv12
    AD Faleen al-Satakalaam - Redguard - Templar - lv39
    EP Durak gro-Ghash the brave - Orc DragonKnight - lv18
    DC Follows-the-Light - Argonian - Templar - lv13
    EP Vedrndasi of house Hlaalu - Dark Elf - Sorcerer - lv18
    EP Lilithah of house Hlaalu - Dark Elf - Warden - lv35
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, IF they hand out the house, this is the smartest advertising move ZOS has made in a long time. Especially since apparently they intend to release Alinor furnishing packs afterwards as well. And as long as they are no more expensive than the current Redguard packs of furniture that have been in the store way too long already, I'm not even salty about it. Just PLEASE don't put crates, barrels, bags, etc in those packs. That's useless filler than no one wants and that is insanely easy to get in the game already if people DO want it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Since you say the house is empty... will it be possible to straight up buy it furnished? As in, will it also eventually be offered on the crown store and have a furnished version available for people who don't/didn't have Summerset during the event?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of this event but I just hope they don't make events like this for Group PvE or PvP, If they do, you folks can go ahead and blame me now for not getting to 100%. I had this achievement the first week or two after release.

Side note: I find it hard to believe that only 20% (of their secret number) had visited all of these places prior to this event. Why buy it if your not gonna play it, unless you mostly PvP? I guess the PvP crowd is larger than I thought and truly is over due for their own Chapter.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    I like the idea of this event but I just hope they don't make events like this for Group PvE or PvP, If they do, you folks can go ahead and blame me now for not getting to 100%. I had this achievement the first week or two after release.

Side note: I find it hard to believe that only 20% (of their secret number) had visited all of these places prior to this event. Why buy it if your not gonna play it, unless you mostly PvP? I guess the PvP crowd is larger than I thought and truly is over due for their own Chapter.

If you had the achievement already, no blame. Yours already counted. Though you can go get it on the other server NA/EU.

But for me, playing it meant doing the quests, not going around to the very edges of the island to pick up all the locations for the achievement.
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »

I play every day, And for hours at a time. Im a stay at home mom, So after home is taken care of I have alot of free time on my hands. I did the main quest, But I was still missing one of the points of interest for this achievement. Ive done it once on NA and once on EU now.

I bought Summerset because I dont like to have inaccessible locations on my map, And for jewelry crafting. The story and other miscellaneous achievements were just a bonus (to me)

I didnt do the Vvardenfell story until like 2 weeks before Summersets release. So this is not something thats typically on my list of things to rush and do. I have a great group of friends on this game and we do alot of group activities. I prefer to focus my time there, Or farming for the most part. I have to be in the mood to get achievements and do quests.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • LoupSolitaire
    LoupSolitaire
    ✭✭
    If we don’t reach 100%(probably what will happen,considering the present results),it would be a very bad move from ZOS...

Not only it will frustrate their players(«beautiful house,right?Ok,glad you’ll like it,you won’t get it,or you’ll have to pay a lot for it»(I guess)),but it will impact all possible future community event.Players can easily think «well,last time,I played it for almost nothing,no use to waste my time on this one too»,and no event will success,nor be played,and it won’t do any good to TESO or ZOS.

I don’t say we should always get the reward(even if it is always better to give gift for players than frustrate them),but for the first one,the goal should be very low to achieve or the results should be manipulated to make the players get the maximum reward.Failing the first one will very likely means failing the following ones.
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that this will be a bad move on their part if this event is not successful. Seeing as this is the first event of this type, I feel like their bar should be set low to test the waters and see how people react to this one. I also dont think that people who didnt bother to get the achievements for this event shouldnt be rewarded. If you couldnt take less than 30 mins to at least get the achievement once, Why be rewarded like those who did? This house is awesome, And worth 30 mins of your time. Its kind of a bummer that even the people who refuse to do the achievement will get the house if we reach the goal.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    I agree that this will be a bad move on their part if this event is not successful. Seeing as this is the first event of this type, I feel like their bar should be set low to test the waters and see how people react to this one. I also dont think that people who didnt bother to get the achievements for this event shouldnt be rewarded. If you couldnt take less than 30 mins to at least get the achievement once, Why be rewarded like those who did? This house is awesome, And worth 30 mins of your time. Its kind of a bummer that even the people who refuse to do the achievement will get the house if we reach the goal.

Yeah, but the whole point of this advertisement isn't just rally everyone to get the achievement. Its to get people to buy Summerset. If people buy Summerset to get the achievement and help out, great. If people buy summerset to get the Psijic house reward, even better.

Essentially, if we get the house, its like a "Buy Summerset, get the house free" deal.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but the whole point of this advertisement isn't just rally everyone to get the achievement. Its to get people to buy Summerset. If people buy Summerset to get the achievement and help out, great. If people buy summerset to get the Psijic house reward, even better.

Essentially, if we get the house, its like a "Buy Summerset, get the house free" deal.

It will be interesting to see what sort of marketing messages come from Zeni between Sept 29th and Oct 7th, won't it?
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    ezio45 wrote: »
    So if we hit the 100% goal..... EVERYONE with summerset that has logged into the game since summerset dropped will get the house for free......
    Am I the only one that kinda mad about this? Like Ive been planning on buying that house for months now have already bought the crowns for that house and now just ANYONE WITH SUMMERSET might have that house
    What the hell is the point of owning an awesome amazing house if everyone and there mom owns it........
    There are now two houses in Summerset, plus the apartment in Alinor. You seem to be thinking of the *other* large, nice house in Summerset.
    The house for the event is on Artaeum, inside the Psijiic College.

I know what house you mean, i just saying like who wants the exact same house as everyone and they did that to an amazing house, its a waste

Every....last...house...is the exact same as every....other...copy...of that same house.
    You're customer 5000 of 10000 on every house purchase so you'll never be exclusive.

Welcome to how businesses work.

You want to be exclusive? Try to be a professional sports player in that sport's Hall of Fame. That's about the only way these days.

Wait... you mean I'm not the only one that owns Mistveil Manor and all the various inn rooms?

I'm shocked, I tell you... SHOCKED!
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This contest is a bid on their part to sell more Summerset copies, especially given the fact that the chapter is on sale right now. Yes, they have said the total number required is not all Summerset owners, but a lot of people might not play anymore, so they are counting on the current players who will want the house enough to upgrade their accounts, or even get it on their alt accounts as well. There is no way they haven't estimated direct Villa sales versus Summerset copies sold, so that even if we do get it, they will profit in the end anyway.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Since you say the house is empty... will it be possible to straight up buy it furnished? As in, will it also eventually be offered on the crown store and have a furnished version available for people who don't/didn't have Summerset during the event?

@MornaBaine

Since this event is a promotion to increase Summerset sales I would suggest this question will not be answered during the event since it could be counter productive.
  • Molarean
    Molarean
    Soul Shriven
    I'm good if we don't get the house but I will feel bad for the people who have worked so hard to help others do this event, this did bring the community together more than any event I've seen but it will suck if it backfires and people don't want to participate anymore because this goal wasn't met.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in Summerset zone chat there's a bit of a heated counterargument that you have to do the quest line as per the FAQ to get to Artaeum and get the Pathfinder achievement. Using a guild member or a group to port there won't count.

Can we get an official comment that the achievement itself counts, not how you get to Artaeum?
    signing off