The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock a Stunning Villa, Mount & Pet during the Summerfall Event"

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be an empty house.
    At this time, there won't be a way to upgrade to a furnished version. However, we are looking at putting several furniture bundles on the Crown Store so you can furnish the home with some appropriately-themed items.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Well, not to sound rude, but that being the case, for *myself*, I do do *not* want it. Unfurnished places do absolutely *nothing* for me, and I think it particularly dodgy that we get to see a furnished Villa option on the PTS and then suddenly find that option snatched out from under us. I would much rather *pay* the usual fortune in crowns for the furnished version at any later date than be "awarded" a free empty place. If a place doesn't come with with a furnished option, I *ignore* it.

Your point would only be valid if you care so little about the house that you're too lazy to decorate it.
    Why? Because you save so much money from the house being free that you can purchase a lot more furnishings than it comes with furnished even so you can then decorate it very well.

You are actually one of very very few people who would even think the way you have.

And you know what? I'm happy that the announcement is final and they're locked into telling you "deal with it".
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 24, 2018 2:49AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It will be an empty house.
    At this time, there won't be a way to upgrade to a furnished version. However, we are looking at putting several furniture bundles on the Crown Store so you can furnish the home with some appropriately-themed items.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Well, not to sound rude, but that being the case, for *myself*, I do do *not* want it. Unfurnished places do absolutely *nothing* for me, and I think it particularly dodgy that we get to see a furnished Villa option on the PTS and then suddenly find that option snatched out from under us. I would much rather *pay* the usual fortune in crowns for the furnished version at any later date than be "awarded" a free empty place. If a place doesn't come with with a furnished option, I *ignore* it.

Your point would only be valid if you care so little about the house that you're too lazy to decorate it.
    Why? Because you save so much money from the house being free that you can purchase a lot more furnishings than it comes with furnished even so you can then decorate it very well.

You are actually one of very very few people who would even think the way you have.

And you know what? I'm happy that the announcement is final and they're locked into telling you "deal with it".

I'm still at a loss for words after reading that post. Wow.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even I. one of the harshest critics of ZO$, cannot fault their sales gimmick this time. Unless, of course, they DON'T give us the house. Even if they offer it"at a discount" to those who completed the achievement, unless that discount made it like less than 10 bucks, I'll be furious... like the rest of the player base. But free house unfurnished? That's a sweet deal. Even knowing they plan to make their "lost" money back on selling us those furnishings.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• LoupSolitaire
    LoupSolitaire
    ✭✭
    In France,we have a proverb:"A cheval donné,ne regarde pas les dents"(literally translated:"on horseback given,do not look at the teeth"),meaning that we should not criticize a gift.It seems someone here should think about it!
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In France,we have a proverb:"A cheval donné,ne regarde pas les dents"(literally translated:"on horseback given,do not look at the teeth"),meaning that we should not criticize a gift.It seems someone here should think about it!

That's everywhere, in some form.
    In the USA, it is "don't look a gift horse in the mouth". Everybody knows it, but the phrase still sticks around because too many people still do not take that advice.

Though sometimes, it may be a wise decision to examine the gift; most times it is a bad decision.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 24, 2018 4:19AM
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Any furnishing plan Zeni has for a place, *I* cannot expect to top, that's why I *cannot* do anything with an unfurnished place, I would *never* be happy with anything I added to it, anybody else's *has* to be better than mine, especially Zeni's, since they do this sort of thing for a living. I liked the Villa furnishing arrangement when I saw it on the PTS, a lot, I'm only sorry I'm never going to see it live. :(

And while we're on the subject of furnished versus unfurnished, It's nobody's business here how I or anybody else spends their money or how we like our houses arranged, so kindly leave us pre-furnishers to enjoy what we like so that you can get on and enjoy what you like. Now, having said that, I am happy that those decorators among you will have many fun-filled times ahead. :)
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I particularly liked the furnished version as seen on the PTS, and I think it would be better if I can simply buy the furnished option for the usual amount of crowns for a place that size, rather than be given zero choice in the matter, and I don't doubt I'm not the only one who thinks that. I mean, why even put that option on there if it's being withdrawn later?

So, how can ensure I don't get the *empty* villa? I don't mind others getting a free empty place, but why should I be forced to accept it when there might quite possibly be a later option with the usual greater choice, to *pay* for? Why the sudden about-face on allowing people the option not to have to furnish their own houses themselves, especially given the existence of a PTS furnished layout that hasn't existed for the inn rooms or the Coldharbour residential plane?

Yes, the villa seems large and open regardless of empty or furnished status, but to anyone who cares about the pre-furnishing options, just seeing thir house pre-filled and knowing that they can affect that option makes all the difference to whether or not they want it. Indeed, a furnished option for houses has been the *bedrock* principle of the whole housing system, that we don't have to furnish all of them ourselves. Granted, there have been exceptions to this, what with the Coldharbour place and the Inn rooms, though I think the lack of a furnished option for them is pretty off, too, but I can understand why, for those particular places.

If there ends up an option to pay for it later, with an option to buy it furnished, then I want to *forfeit* the villa for my account if I end up "winning" it. What might be an idea is that the award would stay as-is, with an option to pay crowns (discounted for the villa's award status) to, as it were, upgrade the award and so get the furnished version instead.

Now, I'm sorry if what I'm saying sounds harsh, and I don't normally weigh in on the forums much these days, but the pre-furnishing availability the housing system largely affords is so important to me, I felt I had to speak up.

I just can't... What are you, Marie Antoinette reincarnated? You won't help *all* of us get free bread because *you* want cake? Maybe you can throw 100$ in trash for a *pixel* house, but most of us can't or won't. We got a chance to earn awesome *mansion* for free, and yet you are complaining about *furnishing*? Seriously, among all whales in ESO you are the *Moby [)ick*, with *emphasis* on the second part.
    Edited by Streega on September 24, 2018 5:17AM
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any furnishing plan Zeni has for a place, *I* cannot expect to top, that's why I *cannot* do anything with an unfurnished place, I would *never* be happy with anything I added to it, anybody else's *has* to be better than mine, especially Zeni's, since they do this sort of thing for a living. I liked the Villa furnishing arrangement when I saw it on the PTS, a lot, I'm only sorry I'm never going to see it live. :(

And while we're on the subject of furnished versus unfurnished, It's nobody's business here how I or anybody else spends their money or how we like our houses arranged, so kindly leave us pre-furnishers to enjoy what we like so that you can get on and enjoy what you like. Now, having said that, I am happy that those decorators among you will have many fun-filled times ahead. :)

You need an interior designer friend, or at least a part timer here. They can decorate for you if you give them permission and just place items you would like to see used or that they request to be placed for them to use.
    This does work.

Hell, try asking Youtubers who put up many housing videos if they would want to help you or could recommend somebody. A couple that come to mind are currygaminginc and Elara Northwind but there are more.
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooo guys! 76%! We may have a real shot here. I had my doubts, but it's totally possible :D
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    76% is a decent starting point for the last 4 days. Only need to hit 6% per day to complete.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just bought Summerset last night, so hopefully I can grab my achievement tonight! As a brand new player (Just started ESO about a month ago during Steam's free weekend and picked up the game instantly, I loved it so much) I'm really excited to see if we can get the Villa. It looks amazing. I'm already stoked for the pet and the mount.

I'm curious though, I'm on the US server. If I wanted to contribute on EU as well, how would I switch servers using Steam? is it the same as it is for regular players?
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just bought Summerset last night, so hopefully I can grab my achievement tonight! As a brand new player (Just started ESO about a month ago during Steam's free weekend and picked up the game instantly, I loved it so much) I'm really excited to see if we can get the Villa. It looks amazing. I'm already stoked for the pet and the mount.

I'm curious though, I'm on the US server. If I wanted to contribute on EU as well, how would I switch servers using Steam? is it the same as it is for regular players?

You pick the EU or US server on the left side of the ESO log-in screen near where the settings are. First time you may get an e-mail verification code but that's it.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event/details/FAQ: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

Community Progress:
    September 18 - 20% default community- progress meter (pre-event) from players who already had the achievement
    September 19 - 20% no increase because the event hadn't officially started yet
    September 20 - Day 1 - 35% (+15% for 9/18 and 9/19)
    September 21 - Day 2 - 42% (+7% for 9/20)
    September 22 - Day 3 - 47% (+5% for 9/21, even when ZOS live-streamed the event on Twitch)
    September 23 - Day 4 - 63% (+16% for 9/22, this made up for the low Friday-night/Saturday-morning turnout)
    September 24 - Day 5 - 76% (+13% for 9/23, a good Sunday-night/Monday-morning turnout)
    September 25 - Day 6 - X%
    September 26 - Day 7 - X%
    September 27 - Day 8 - X%
    September 28 - Day 9 - X%
    Summerfall Event ends on Friday, September 28 at 10:00AM EDT.

We just need to average 6% gains over the next 4 days. It should be doable. :smile:
    Makes me wonder if ZOS secretly lowered their mystery target-number to make the % gains seem larger/more significant.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder if ZOS secretly lowered their mystery target-number to make the % gains seem larger/more significant.

Don't ask. Don't tell. :)
  • Tiedän
    Tiedän
    ✭✭✭
    I think it just makes sense for them to release a separate furnishing pack containing everything that would have been in the furnished version of the house. It’s a difference of $15-$20 when buying the furnished version of a house anyway. Get the $100 house for free during this event and then just pay the $15 difference for the furnishings. I’d roll with that.
    "Battle-Born is a name out of legend, sung in the songs of old and heard in deeds of valor for a hundred generations. 'For Clan Battle-Born!' they cry in the mead halls. 'First into the fray and last to quit their ale!'" - Olfrid Battle-Born
    PC/Mac - NA
    Thian Battle-Born - Nord Stamina DK DPS
    Alynu Dreth - Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Reeh-Jah Nisar - Argonian Stamina Nightblade DPS
    Eraldil Riverrun - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
    Tsavani Khanai - Khajit Magicka Templar DPS
    Laila The Huntress - Nord Stamina DK Tank
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can the Villa be previewed on the regular servers, or do you need to get on the PTS?
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    It's on live now. There is a teleporter from the College of Psijic Ruins on Artaeum
    Edited by Holmarion19 on September 24, 2018 4:41PM
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's on live now. There is a teleporter from the Psijic vaults on Artaeum

Thanks!
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bearbelly Just go to the place next to the sloads crafting station, head upstairs, out the door & thru the teleporter ;)
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    @bearbelly Just go to the place next to the sloads crafting station, head upstairs, out the door & thru the teleporter ;)

Found it. Thank you! (that place is huge!)

Even went for a little swim.
    14BDz2l.png
  • dchisenhub17_ESO
    dchisenhub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Wow, I don't know if they're fudging the numbers and quite frankly I don't care, but I am MUCH more hopeful we'll actually get the Villa!!! :D
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna happen. 100% thats impossible. I am pretty sure some accounts are already dormant. They already left and stop playing. I know 1 at least that stop playing already.
    The only way we gonna get that awesome villa is thru the goodness of bethesda and zenimax's heart.
    I am contend with the mount the pet is a meh.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna happen. 100% thats impossible. I am pretty sure some accounts are already dormant. They already left and stop playing. I know 1 at least that stop playing already.
    The only way we gonna get that awesome villa is thru the goodness of bethesda and zenimax's heart.
    I am contend with the mount the pet is a meh.

The 100% does not mean 100% of all known players (11+ million). It is probably considerably smaller than that because (1) it has to be from a list of players that signs on at least once per week, and (2) has to be among the list of players that have purchased Summerset, or will purchase Summerset during the week.

As for whether we make it. My feeling is that Monday and Tuesday are the slowest days of the week. If we clear 3% each day, I will be impressed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LoupSolitaire
    LoupSolitaire
    ✭✭
    I hope it won't be officially the case.If we do 3% only the next 2 days,it means we should do,at average,9% on the last 2 days of the event,which would be very unlikely.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    You need an interior designer friend, or at least a part timer here. They can decorate for you if you give them permission and just place items you would like to see used or that they request to be placed for them to use.
    This does work.

Hell, try asking Youtubers who put up many housing videos if they would want to help you or could recommend somebody. A couple that come to mind are currygaminginc and Elara Northwind but there are more.

@Mystrius_Archaion , thank you. :)

Not that I hadn't thought of it, but trust of the designers, the probable cost of engaging their services, and their ability to meet my requirements (Zeni's conventional standard for furnishing plans being right for me) have been the main obstacles, and it would feel quite ironic if the total cost of everything, expertise, furnishings, turned out to exceed whatever the pre-furnished crown cost of a conventional purchase! xD One would have to laugh, no?

Nevertheless, I intend to investigate things, those two names for starters, if we do get this villa. No way am I making a thread in this forum asking for design help, though, red-rag effect that that would inevitably have.

We're at 76%, by the by, at the rate progress is being made, anyone who wants this villa will probably win it in two days!

And, again, for those people, I'm more than happy. :)
  • Jack_Of_Shades
    Jack_Of_Shades
    ✭✭✭
    76% so far! I hope we can achieve that 100% and get a nice, mysterious yet, magical villa! Super stoked!

-Jack Of Shades,
    The Mysterious Sage
    Edited by Jack_Of_Shades on September 25, 2018 4:48AM
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure we will get the Villa regardless, either by the community reaching 100% themselves, or getting the percentage bumped up high enough by ZOS on the last day. Maybe the percentage is even being strategically partitioned towards 100% regardless of the actual percentage - but it's exciting anyways, isn't it?

The community won't know how it reaches 100%, but does that really matter?
    I wonder how many players that have realized that the lack of transparency for this event may actually be for our own good ;)

Either way, folks, it's a FREAKING FREE VILLA!! B):smiley:

Yeah, it may be too big for someone, but thats rather a luxury problem.

The main reason I think we'll get the Villa anyways, is that:
    1. It will be empty. And some will want to furnish it, and some a lot.
    2. Furnishing requires gold (eg. for mats), or crowns. And when then gold runs out, crowns will often seem a simple solution.
    3. When a lot of people purchase crowns to furnish *THEIR NEW EPIC VILLA!*, that's cash in the box for ZOS.

Those who want to furnish, furnishes - to the extent possible for themselves. Those who don't want to, won't. ZOS makes more money, which hopefully will improve the game we all should enjoy even further.

Win, win, and win :)
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Bubbastic
    Bubbastic
    ✭✭✭
    What about create a contest with a reward of free Summerset Upgrade code for the winners :)

I think I'll start one on EU server :)
    Edited by Bubbastic on September 25, 2018 8:47AM
    。◕‿◕。
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiedän wrote: »
    I think it just makes sense for them to release a separate furnishing pack containing everything that would have been in the furnished version of the house. It’s a difference of $15-$20 when buying the furnished version of a house anyway. Get the $100 house for free during this event and then just pay the $15 difference for the furnishings. I’d roll with that.
    This does work.

@Mystrius_Archaion , thank you. :)

Not that I hadn't thought of it, but trust of the designers, the probable cost of engaging their services, and their ability to meet my requirements (Zeni's conventional standard for furnishing plans being right for me) have been the main obstacles, and it would feel quite ironic if the total cost of everything, expertise, furnishings, turned out to exceed whatever the pre-furnished crown cost of a conventional purchase! xD One would have to laugh, no?

Nevertheless, I intend to investigate things, those two names for starters, if we do get this villa. No way am I making a thread in this forum asking for design help, though, red-rag effect that that would inevitably have.

We're at 76%, by the by, at the rate progress is being made, anyone who wants this villa will probably win it in two days!

And, again, for those people, I'm more than happy. :)

As someone who always absolutely hates what I consider to be the haphazard way ZOS "decorates" and immediately picks up every stick of furniture when I rarely buy a pre-furnished house I have to admit your stance on this thread has left me utterly baffled. But to each their own. If you are "unlucky" enough to end up with an empty house I might suggest that you join a housing guild and/or Discord group. I belong to this amazing guild:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5222647#Comment_5222647
    and they are a bunch of super nice and talented people who are always willing to help out others. From decorating advice to outright hiring out their services as decorators, they also have monthly housing contests, house tours through the homes of various members, etc. With ZOS planning to release furnishing packs that will no doubt be Alinor themed once they do hand out the house I am sure you'll be able to put your money to far better use than you currently imagine. Cheers!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• spirosxtreme0
    spirosxtreme0
    Soul Shriven
    I don't mind if is an empty house, I believe they give us one of the biggest houses in game for free when those houses sell on the crown store for 10k+ crowns, you can decorate it by yourself if you have time