Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS: Apple Mac Bugs

MacCait
MacCait
✭✭✭✭✭
There isn't a page on this so far, so I am creating one.

With this patch there have been big changes to the Mac version of ESO, which now requires High Sierra as minimum. As Gina stated there may be some issues...

"Mac Min Spec
We have switched the Mac renderer from OpenGL to MoltenVK (Metal) to support the upcoming release of the upcoming MacOS Mojave. Upon first launching the game, you will notice longer load times and frequent hitching as the shaders are rebuilt for MoltenVK, with some notable unstableness in this first PTS patch. We plan to make iterations throughout PTS to improve performance. To support these changes, we will be updating the minimum spec for all Mac players in Update 20. These will be as follows:

Operating System: macOS High Sierra v 10.13
Model: Late-2013 27-inch iMac and Newer
Hard Disk Space: 85 GB free HDD space
Internet: Internet Broadband Connection"

...Currently I cannot use the PTS at all!

Apart from other issues such as the vampire skill line being set to level 1, there are bugs with this new Mac version, which until ironed out, means testing is impossible.

BUGS:

Invisible characters
The first bug I notice is that I cannot see any characters when I go to character creation. The room is there, but no character, it is invisible. I dont care so much about designing it as I am testing stats and build performance, so it's not a huge issue. You can get around this by choosing race, faction, random appearance and just creating character and logging in... once you load up you will then see the character.

Invisible items in housing - Can't see placement of items in housing
This second bug breaks the PTS for me. I am relying on the ability to place down sparring dummies, banker, merchant etc so I can run tests on different set ups. If I cannot see anything I place, I cannot use it! So currently, I cannot use the PTS, which is a pain because as a console player, I only bought the Mac version to access the PTS.

Cannot Push and Pull objects in housing
Pushing objects out to a greater distance and pulling objects closer in are not working in housing. L2 and R2 on the gamepad have no effect.

Gamepad is zooming in on maps
Gamepad is automatically zooming in on wayshrone maps so that you don't have a chance to see what is going on, making it hard to choose wayshrine locations. You cannot compensate for this. This issue may also berelated to the bug above, pushing and pulling objects in housing.

Strange colours
Blue, Purple, and Gold colours (such as used in jewelllery) are now appearing odd colours such as cyan, orange etc. I also noticed Nightblades red blur aura is actually blue now. Something very strange going on with all colours on Mac now.

Crashing when using Bank and Banker Assistant
Everytime you try to place something in a bank, or the banker assistant, the game just crashes to launcher. Tried this in different locations. Cannot use the bank at all.

Other bugs?
If you are a Mac user and have noticed other bugs, perhaps it will be useful to note them here so that the team can look at what they need to fix in future patches

Edited by MacCait on September 21, 2018 8:04AM
  • mr_coops
    mr_coops
    Well it's not great news, I for one play on an old 2010 mac pro so thats my ESO days over I guess :disappointed: be interseting to see how many players this effects, though I'm sure that the population of mac players is quite low. I wonder if they'd make a change which meant every player had to spend some money on new hardware to be able to continue to play?

I should mention I've not been on the PTS, I will try and see if I can play there, then it might not all be doom and gloom.
    Edited by mr_coops on September 18, 2018 8:15PM
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Actually this is not really a ZoS change. Apple has announced OpenGL will be deprecated in forthcoming OS release. So if ZoS want to keep its Mac player base they had to move to Metal in a way or an other. So in overall this is a good thing, there's a future for us.
    Keeping Open GL for old hardware would be complicated as it would mean having to rendering engines on Mac and probably a bad experience on both.
    Now let see if Metal/Vulkan is really improving graphical experience
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the notes, all. Just wanted to give you a heads up that we're still working through some issues for Mac, and we plan to start implementing them for the patch on October 1.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    Operating System: macOS High Sierra v 10.13
    Model: Late-2013 27-inch iMac and Newer
    Hard Disk Space: 85 GB free HDD space
    Internet: Internet Broadband Connection

What?!?! The vast majority of mac users are on MacBooks...

Current ESO System Requirements
    MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    Minimum:

OS X 10.9; Intel® Core i3 540 or higher
    4 GB System RAM
    85 GB free HDD space
    AMD Radeon™ 5870 (1GB of VRAM) with OpenGL 4.1
    Internet broadband connection

Recommended:

OS X 10.11
    Intel® Core i5 2500S or higher
    8 GB System RAM
    85 GB free HDD space
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7870 or higher with OpenGL 4.1
    Edited by Enkil on September 19, 2018 2:23PM
  • HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is a Mac issue but ...

... when I hit the key bind to turn on decorating in my houses, it causes a bug where my toon moves forward indefinitely.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mr_coops wrote: »
    Well it's not great news, I for one play on an old 2010 mac pro so thats my ESO days over I guess :disappointed: be interseting to see how many players this effects, though I'm sure that the population of mac players is quite low. I wonder if they'd make a change which meant every player had to spend some money on new hardware to be able to continue to play?

I should mention I've not been on the PTS, I will try and see if I can play there, then it might not all be doom and gloom.

At the moment I am totally unable to play on PTS Mac... if you can't see stuff, how can you play?

Looking forward to October 1st as Gina stated we may have some fixes, but right now it REALLY sucks. Everyone is testing, and I am totally unable to get involved. Being very worried about the state of my NB Tanks (my mains), I am desperate to get on and run tests.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karpok wrote: »
    Actually this is not really a ZoS change. Apple has announced OpenGL will be deprecated in forthcoming OS release. So if ZoS want to keep its Mac player base they had to move to Metal in a way or an other. So in overall this is a good thing, there's a future for us.
    Keeping Open GL for old hardware would be complicated as it would mean having to rendering engines on Mac and probably a bad experience on both.

It's true. Another game I play, Elite Dangerous has announced they are no longer supporting Mac, so ED just ended on Mac altogether. So it's good ESO will continue but with new specs, even if it is a major headache right now.
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've posted this in other threads, but reiterating here. PTS Client crashes immediately after launch on MacBook Pro 13" 2018 model with Iris Plus 655 igpu. The crash requester offers to send data to Apple, not ZoS like the Windows client, if there is any information useful to provide I would happily do so.
  • mr_coops
    mr_coops
    Do we know if it will work under boot camp? I took my boot camp drive out from my mac, as I run ESO natively now. I think I stil have the drive lying around. Could be a solution to this.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify for some people, ESO isn't doing this to us because its them- APPLE is moving everything away from OpenGL to Metal and ESO is playing catch up now to support us in the coming future. This is actually GOOD news because many game makes are just giving us a big middle finger where as ESO is making the effort and investment to keep us. You need to go tohttps://appleinsider.com/articles/18/06/28/why-macos-mojave-requires-metal----and-deprecates-opengl so you can see WHY we are being moved away from Open GL. (for the older models, this is actually a good thing. it will free up our processors a LOT so we can run better graphics smoother than we can now. This means less lag, higher resolutions, and overall better gaming for us. you need at least a 2017 or newer iMac to support plugging in an external video card to upgrade that and lack of being able to upgrade our hardware with the easy of the more modular PC's is why we get such a bad gaming rep)

Also, Come Monday, if you have not updated your OS to High Sierra, it will no longer be available to you if your system is capable of running Mojave. here is the info for what models will run Mojave:https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Just because you don't have a system meeting the general listing ZOS is able to provide at this time does NOT mean YET that your ESO days are at an end, it means you need to find out if the setup you have (sorry ZOS, but you have next to NO actual hardware listed for us to go off of right now so I'm not going to worry too much about your Min requirements currently listed) will support Metal. If you can support Metal, and are listed as able to run Mojave, you will likely not have anything to worry about with ESO, granted you meat the space, Speed, and Memory requirements. So folks still using El Captian right now, get your Timemachines out, back up your systems, and upgrade to High Sierra while you still can and we can wait for ZOS to do what they can for us in the meantime. we WILL get to test- but making sure our upcoming graphics requirements are ironed out is more important than getting a heads up on class changes. You can always go to a friend's house and log in on their Window's machine with your account and check out the PTS that way. any computer with ESO installed on it will work (though household or trusted friend should be used and not a public computer. thats not safe) Hang in there folks! Its a rough road now but it WILL pay off.

EDIT: If you CAN run High Sierra, but NOT Mojave, and meet all other system requirement changes AS WE KNOW THEM RIGHT NOW then you need to research whether or not your current video card supports Metal. That will be the most important deciding factor as to whether the changes Apple is instituting (and ZOS is changing to help support us as the game goes on) will require you to make a new Mac investment.
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on September 19, 2018 10:38PM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    mr_coops wrote: »
    Do we know if it will work under boot camp? I took my boot camp drive out from my mac, as I run ESO natively now. I think I stil have the drive lying around. Could be a solution to this.

ESO runs fine in bootcamp, a little higher fps than the current opengl mac client on equivalent hardware. Even works brilliantly with an egpu in bootcamp (I have a gtx 1080 in a razer core v2), although this is completely unsupported by apple, and can be fairly complex to set up. The macs with T2 chips (imac pro, 2018 MacBook pros) have some issues with the current sound card drivers in bootcamp, and the trackpad doesn't work as well as in macos.
    Edited by ningauble_7b14_ESO on September 19, 2018 11:01PM
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Don't seem to be able to run any test on the PTS anymore.
    I managed to launched the game once but it crashed while I was filling up my cast bar. After that It crashed again before reaching login screen.
    I reinstalled the full pts. Now it's starting and I get to what must be the EULA screen. But the display is completely screwed. If I press Alt key, the game close properly. If I press any other key nothing's happens.

Anyone more lucky with the PTS for now ?
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other games have had to change as well so it's not just ESO.
    wow just came out with a new expac and has new system min requirements as well (also runs on Macs).

When underlying hardware/software changes games have to keep up.

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't seem to be able to run any test on the PTS anymore.
    I managed to launched the game once but it crashed while I was filling up my cast bar. After that It crashed again before reaching login screen.
    I reinstalled the full pts. Now it's starting and I get to what must be the EULA screen. But the display is completely screwed. If I press Alt key, the game close properly. If I press any other key nothing's happens.

Anyone more lucky with the PTS for now ?

Gina mentioned an update on October 1st. I am really really hoping this means we can use the PTS as currently, though I've upgraded to High Sierra, the PTS doesn't work for me anymore. It couldn't have come at a worst time when I am desperate to test these new changes that seem to hurt my tanks.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found new bugs - listed in OP first post

Although I can't test damage on the PTS as I cannot see any target dummies placed in housing and cannot place anything, I thought I'd pop on to see if I could get somthing to work... I couldn't, but I did notice a couple more strange things with Mac PTS:

Cannot Push and Pull objects in housing
    Pushing objects out to a greater distance and pulling objects closer in are not working in housing. L2 and R2 on the gamepad have no effect.

Strange colours
    Blue, Purple, and Gold colours (such as used in jewelllery) are now appearing odd colours such as cyan, orange etc. I also noticed Nightblades red blur aura is actually blue now. Something very strange going on with all colours on Mac now.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found two more bugs:

Gamepad is zooming in on maps
    Gamepad is automatically zooming in on wayshrone maps so that you don't have a chance to see what is going on, making it hard to choose wayshrine locations. You cannot compensate for this. This issue may also berelated to the bug above, pushing and pulling objects in housing.

Crashing when using Bank and Banker Assistant
    Everytime you try to place something in a bank, or the banker assistant, the game just crashes to launcher. Tried this in different locations. Cannot use the bank at all.
  • VeiledCriticism
    VeiledCriticism
    ✭✭✭
    This is the current state of my PTS version.

EULA_and_TOS.png

I manually modified UserSettings.txt file to bypass the agreement screen, and after logging in the game colors are not as it is on Live.

UI_1.png
    UI_2.png
    UI_3.png

My macbook settings goes as it follows:

macOS High Sierra - v10.13.6

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
    ----
    Currently, the game is crashing every 5-10 minutes.
    Edited by VeiledCriticism on September 21, 2018 9:56PM
  • karpok
    karpok
    ✭✭✭
    Was having the same issue with the agreement screen and bypassed it as you did.

I am having the same issue with the colors.
    Now more annoying, the games crash each time I try to drag and drop item :
    • Dragging a skill in my skill bar, the game crashes immediately. No crash though if the skill is auto-added when I first acquire it
    • Dragging a gear in my inventory, the games crashes immediately. No crash though if I select the gear and press E to equip it.
    --
    Soumar, Aldmeri Sorcer
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    The launcher needs an overhaul on macOS. It is pure trash. Blurry, choppy and the CPU is racing, even for the simplest tasks like downloading a patch.

Just saying.
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • ManicDee
    ManicDee
    ✭✭
    My experience so far: logged in with my magsorc, went to my home and tried parsing against a target dummy.
    • I can light attack but not heavy attack
    • I can not target the dummy from most angles. Or rather I can only target the dummy from certain angles and distances
    • Moving furniture makes it disappear
    • FPS on live is around 30-50, FPS on PTS is around 3
    • Colours are weird (textures fine, so world looks the same, but UI and spell effects are odd)

Late 2012 27" iMac w/i7 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB.
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hiddle my friend is trying to get PTS on Mac and is having the exact same issue you showed.

Please can you advise on how to bypass by modifying the specific file? Thanks.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Hiddle please share how you bypassed!
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the notes, all. Just wanted to give you a heads up that we're still working through some issues for Mac, and we plan to start implementing them for the patch on October 1.

Just a quick note... I know you said October 1st for the Mac... Just wanted to confirm after yesterdays maintainance, all the Mac bug issues are still there (noted in this thread).

So hoping October 1st fixes Mac PTS as currently it is not useable at all so none of us can test.

Thanks
  • kenjitamura
    kenjitamura
    ✭✭
    Well, at least MoltenVK development is marching along:

Release for Vulkan SDK 1.1.85

Supports more Vulkan extensions and adds performance improvements and bug fixes. Bumpy start for Mac users but it seems there's active work in flushing out bugs on developer side.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    @Hiddle please share how you bypassed!

I'm on PC but I imagine it's probably one of these:

SET ViewedAddOnEULAVersion "5"
    SET AcceptedAddOnEULAVersion "5"
    SET AcceptedNDAVersion "2"
    SET AcceptedCodeOfConductVersion "1"
    SET AcceptedPrivacyPolicyVersion "7"
    SET AcceptedTOSVersion "2"
    SET AcceptedEULAVersion "3"
    SET AgreedToPEGI "1"

Those are my "PTS" current settings. You can just copy the numbers if you want.
    Edited by danno8 on September 27, 2018 6:52PM
  • VeiledCriticism
    VeiledCriticism
    ✭✭✭
    @OneKhajiitCrimeWave and @templesus,
    I bypassed in a very similar way as @danno8 described:

Go to Documents > Elder Scrolls Online > pts and open UserSettings.txt file, change the following properties to these values:

SET ViewedAddOnEULAVersion "5"
    SET AcceptedAddOnEULAVersion "5"
    SET AcceptedNDAVersion "-1"
    SET AcceptedCodeOfConductVersion "1"
    SET AcceptedPrivacyPolicyVersion "7"
    SET AcceptedTOSVersion "2"
    SET AcceptedEULAVersion "3"

Hope this helps!
  • ethernut60
    ethernut60
    ✭✭
    Will not launch at all. Mid-2014 MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz i7, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeFore GT 750M - Metal supported, feature setmacOS GPUFamily1v4, macOS Mojave

Process: eso [603]
    Path: /Applications/Zenimax Online/*/eso.app/Contents/MacOS/eso
    Identifier: com.zenimaxonline.eso
    Version: 1.0.0 (1.0.0)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher [461]
    Responsible: eso [603]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2018-10-01 15:19:39.950 -0400
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14 (18A391)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: B0544718-08EA-4820-1277-9F6035090BE6

Time Awake Since Boot: 110 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007f8900000011
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
    Terminating Process: exc handler [603]

VM Regions Near 0x7f8900000011:
    Stack 000070000c7bc000-000070000c83e000 [ 520K] rw-/rwx SM=COW thread 32
    -->
    MALLOC_TINY 00007f89a7400000-00007f89a7500000 [ 1024K] rw-/rwx SM=COW

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x00000001072b2c2e ZoGui::GuiTexture::IsReady() const + 4
    1 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x00000001072d474b ZoGui::ResourceManager::DoDxCreates() + 59
    2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x00000001072d4567 ZoGui::ResourceManager::Update(unsigned int) + 181
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105e8cee0 GuiManager::Update() + 368
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000106304259 ZosClient::OnUpdate() + 777
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105a0ab38 OSUpdate() + 20
    6 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105a0c9a4 -[GameClient macRun] + 255
    7 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105a0d242 -[GameClient platformMainLoop] + 2127
    8 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105a0c649 -[GameClient mainLoop] + 61
    9 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105a0c551 -[GameClient applicationDidFinishLaunching:] + 668
    10 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff2f870306 __CFNOTIFICATIONCENTER_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_AN_OBSERVER__ + 12
    11 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff2f870280 ___CFXRegistrationPost_block_invoke + 63
    12 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff2f8701a1 _CFXRegistrationPost + 398
    13 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff2f8785ed ___CFXNotificationPost_block_invoke + 87
    14 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff2f7df13a -[_CFXNotificationRegistrar find:object:observer:enumerator:] + 1633
    15 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff2f7de4fd _CFXNotificationPost + 742
    16 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fff31b60bab -[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:userInfo:] + 66
    17 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff2cd68c42 -[NSApplication _postDidFinishNotification] + 313
    18 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff2cd68566 -[NSApplication _sendFinishLaunchingNotification] + 209
    19 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff2cd65ec0 -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling) _handleAEOpenEvent:] + 552
    20 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff2cd65b0f -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling) _handleCoreEvent:withReplyEvent:] + 690
    21 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fff31bab274 -[NSAppleEventManager dispatchRawAppleEvent:withRawReply:handlerRefCon:] + 287
    22 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fff31bab0f0 _NSAppleEventManagerGenericHandler + 102
    23 com.apple.AE 0x00007fff30a95b6b aeDispatchAppleEvent(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, unsigned int, unsigned char*) + 1855
    24 com.apple.AE 0x00007fff30a953d5 dispatchEventAndSendReply(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*) + 41
    25 com.apple.AE 0x00007fff30a952ad aeProcessAppleEvent + 439
    26 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff2eaae03e AEProcessAppleEvent + 55
    27 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff2cd61c3c _DPSNextEvent + 1734
    28 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff2cd606fa -[NSApplication(NSEvent) _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 1362
    29 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff2cd5a75d -[NSApplication run] + 699
    30 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105a0df28 main + 200
    31 libdyld.dylib 0x00007fff5c8a0085 start + 1

Thread 1:
    0 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca91408 start_wqthread + 0
    1 ??? 0x0000000054485244 0 + 1414025796

Thread 2:

Thread 3:

Thread 4:

Thread 5:: Dispatch queue: MoltenVKDispatchQueue-0-0-1.0
    0 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000106e87c5f MVKImage::applyImageMemoryBarrier(unsigned int, unsigned int, VkImageMemoryBarrier*, MVKCommandEncoder*, MVKCommandUse) + 543
    1 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000106ebc74d MVKCmdPipelineBarrier::encode(MVKCommandEncoder*) + 237
    2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000106e9131b MVKCommandEncoder::encode(MVKQueueCommandBufferSubmission*) + 107
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000106e9119c MVKCommandBuffer::execute(MVKQueueCommandBufferSubmission*, MVKCommandBufferBatchPosition const&) + 124
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000106ea69ae MVKQueueCommandBufferSubmission::execute() + 94
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000106ea5a3c invocation function for block in MVKQueue::submit(MVKQueueSubmission*) + 28
    6 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff5c850d4f _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 12
    7 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff5c851dcb _dispatch_client_callout + 8
    8 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff5c858120 _dispatch_lane_serial_drain + 618
    9 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff5c858bd8 _dispatch_lane_invoke + 388
    10 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff5c861084 _dispatch_workloop_worker_thread + 603
    11 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca9161c _pthread_wqthread + 409
    12 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca91415 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 6:
    0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff5c9dc1b2 __psynch_cvwait + 10
    1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca955cb _pthread_cond_wait + 724
    2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000107260c6e void boost::asio::detail::posix_event::wait<boost::asio::detail::scoped_lock<boost::asio::detail::posix_mutex> >(boost::asio::detail::scoped_lock<boost::asio::detail::posix_mutex>&) + 38
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000107260aeb boost::asio::detail::task_io_service::do_run_one(boost::asio::detail::scoped_lock<boost::asio::detail::posix_mutex>&, boost::asio::detail::task_io_service_thread_info&, boost::system::error_code const&) + 191
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000107259603 boost::asio::detail::task_io_service::run(boost::system::error_code&) + 155
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000107260436 ZoBoostProtocol::Run() + 96
    6 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010898f857 (anonymous namespace)::ThreadExecutionFunction(void*) + 82
    7 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca9233d _pthread_body + 126
    8 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca952a7 _pthread_start + 70
    9 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca91425 thread_start + 13

Thread 7:
    0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff5c9d9b9e __read_nocancel + 10
    1 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff5c92e87b _sread + 16
    2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff5c92ded1 __srefill1 + 24
    3 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff5c928b46 __fread + 255
    4 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff5c928a30 fread + 48
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000108969835 ZoFileBase::Read(__sFILE*, char*, unsigned int, unsigned int) + 41
    6 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010881ed6d BackgroundFileLoadTask::LoadFile() + 687
    7 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010881e9ef BackgroundFileLoadTask::DoBackgroundThreadWork() + 81
    8 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010898bbf3 ZoTaskQueue::DoBackgroundThreadWork(ZoTaskQueue::TerminateCondition, unsigned int) + 467
    9 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010898ce56 ZoTaskQueueUpdater::Run() + 96
    10 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010898efcb ZoThread::ThreadFunc(void*) + 65
    11 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010898f857 (anonymous namespace)::ThreadExecutionFunction(void*) + 82
    12 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca9233d _pthread_body + 126
    13 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca952a7 _pthread_start + 70
    14 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca91425 thread_start + 13

Thread 8:
    0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff5c9dc876 __semwait_signal + 10
    1 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff5c967830 nanosleep + 199
    2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff5c967724 usleep + 53
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010898ce6c ZoTaskQueueUpdater::Run() + 118
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000105a0e890 ZoWorkerThreadUpdater::Run() + 48
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010898efcb ZoThread::ThreadFunc(void*) + 65
    6 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010898f857 (anonymous namespace)::ThreadExecutionFunction(void*) + 82
    7 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca9233d _pthread_body + 126
    8 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca952a7 _pthread_start + 70
    9 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff5ca91425 threa
    Edited by ethernut60 on October 6, 2018 11:10PM
  • ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ningauble_7b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    October 1 release still crashes immediately upon launch on my Macbook Pro 2018 13" I will cut and paste crash info here:
    Process: eso [696]
    Path: /Applications/ZeniMax Online/*/eso.app/Contents/MacOS/eso
    Identifier: com.zenimaxonline.eso
    Version: 1.0.0 (1.0.0)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher [693]
    Responsible: eso [696]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2018-10-01 16:08:28.800 -0400
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14 (18A391)
    Report Version: 12
    Bridge OS Version: 3.0 (16P375)
    Anonymous UUID: 4EC01356-83E1-E14C-C6CD-E7ED995D88DB

Time Awake Since Boot: 790 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 2 Dispatch queue: MoltenVKDispatchQueue-0-0-1.0

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000438
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
    Terminating Process: exc handler [696]

VM Regions Near 0x438:
    -->
    __TEXT 000000010f284000-0000000114373000 [ 80.9M] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Applications/ZeniMax Online/*/eso.app/Contents/MacOS/eso

ID Vend/Dev
    67e9 1b8010de

Thread 0:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
    0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff631d51b2 __psynch_cvwait + 10
    1 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328e5cb _pthread_cond_wait + 724
    2 libc++.1.dylib 0x00007fff60770bda std::__1::condition_variable::wait(std::__1::unique_lock<std::__1::mutex>&) + 18
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011077933b MVKSemaphoreImpl::wait(unsigned long long, bool) + 187
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011077a9c5 mvkWaitForFences(unsigned int, VkFence_T* const*, unsigned int, unsigned long long) + 405
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110efabe6 ZoRenderDeviceVk::WaitForFence(VkFence_T*) const + 44
    6 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110ef4570 ZoRenderContextVk::BeginNewFrame() + 46
    7 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110eb4d25 ZoRenderManager::BeginNewFrame() + 91
    8 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110eb4af5 ZoRenderManager::Present() + 147
    9 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010f2cc7b3 -[GameClient macPresent] + 125
    10 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010f2cc9d8 -[GameClient macRun] + 307
    11 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010f2cd242 -[GameClient platformMainLoop] + 2127
    12 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010f2cc649 -[GameClient mainLoop] + 61
    13 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010f2cc551 -[GameClient applicationDidFinishLaunching:] + 668
    14 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff36069306 __CFNOTIFICATIONCENTER_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_AN_OBSERVER__ + 12
    15 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff36069280 ___CFXRegistrationPost_block_invoke + 63
    16 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff360691a1 _CFXRegistrationPost + 398
    17 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff360715ed ___CFXNotificationPost_block_invoke + 87
    18 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff35fd813a -[_CFXNotificationRegistrar find:object:observer:enumerator:] + 1633
    19 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff35fd74fd _CFXNotificationPost + 742
    20 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fff38359bab -[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:userInfo:] + 66
    21 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff33561c42 -[NSApplication _postDidFinishNotification] + 313
    22 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff33561566 -[NSApplication _sendFinishLaunchingNotification] + 209
    23 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff3355eec0 -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling) _handleAEOpenEvent:] + 552
    24 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff3355eb0f -[NSApplication(NSAppleEventHandling) _handleCoreEvent:withReplyEvent:] + 690
    25 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fff383a4274 -[NSAppleEventManager dispatchRawAppleEvent:withRawReply:handlerRefCon:] + 287
    26 com.apple.Foundation 0x00007fff383a40f0 _NSAppleEventManagerGenericHandler + 102
    27 com.apple.AE 0x00007fff3728eb6b aeDispatchAppleEvent(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*, unsigned int, unsigned char*) + 1855
    28 com.apple.AE 0x00007fff3728e3d5 dispatchEventAndSendReply(AEDesc const*, AEDesc*) + 41
    29 com.apple.AE 0x00007fff3728e2ad aeProcessAppleEvent + 439
    30 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff352a703e AEProcessAppleEvent + 55
    31 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff3355ac3c _DPSNextEvent + 1734
    32 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff335596fa -[NSApplication(NSEvent) _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 1362
    33 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff3355375d -[NSApplication run] + 699
    34 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010f2cdf28 main + 200
    35 libdyld.dylib 0x00007fff63099085 start + 1

Thread 1:
    0 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328a408 start_wqthread + 0

Thread 2 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: MoltenVKDispatchQueue-0-0-1.0
    0 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110747c3e MVKImage::applyImageMemoryBarrier(unsigned int, unsigned int, VkImageMemoryBarrier*, MVKCommandEncoder*, MVKCommandUse) + 510
    1 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011077c74d MVKCmdPipelineBarrier::encode(MVKCommandEncoder*) + 237
    2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011075131b MVKCommandEncoder::encode(MVKQueueCommandBufferSubmission*) + 107
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011075119c MVKCommandBuffer::execute(MVKQueueCommandBufferSubmission*, MVKCommandBufferBatchPosition const&) + 124
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x00000001107669ae MVKQueueCommandBufferSubmission::execute() + 94
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110765a3c invocation function for block in MVKQueue::submit(MVKQueueSubmission*) + 28
    6 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff63049d4f _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 12
    7 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff6304adcb _dispatch_client_callout + 8
    8 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff63051120 _dispatch_lane_serial_drain + 618
    9 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff63051bd8 _dispatch_lane_invoke + 388
    10 libdispatch.dylib 0x00007fff6305a084 _dispatch_workloop_worker_thread + 603
    11 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328a61c _pthread_wqthread + 409
    12 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328a415 start_wqthread + 13

Thread 3:

Thread 4:

Thread 5:

Thread 6:

Thread 7:

Thread 8:
    2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110b20c6e void boost::asio::detail::posix_event::wait<boost::asio::detail::scoped_lock<boost::asio::detail::posix_mutex> >(boost::asio::detail::scoped_lock<boost::asio::detail::posix_mutex>&) + 38
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110b20aeb boost::asio::detail::task_io_service::do_run_one(boost::asio::detail::scoped_lock<boost::asio::detail::posix_mutex>&, boost::asio::detail::task_io_service_thread_info&, boost::system::error_code const&) + 191
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110b19603 boost::asio::detail::task_io_service::run(boost::system::error_code&) + 155
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000110b20436 ZoBoostProtocol::Run() + 96
    6 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224f857 (anonymous namespace)::ThreadExecutionFunction(void*) + 82
    7 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328b33d _pthread_body + 126
    8 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328e2a7 _pthread_start + 70
    9 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328a425 thread_start + 13

Thread 9:
    0 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000112263ced inflate_fast + 661
    1 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011226559f inflate + 5043
    2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011226b5ff uncompress + 99
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x0000000112221c1e ZoUncompress(ZoCompressionMethod, unsigned char*, unsigned int, unsigned char const*, unsigned int) + 64
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011223d248 ZoPackFile::Read(unsigned long long, unsigned char*, unsigned int, ZoPackFileInterface::FileDataSigningCategory&) + 500
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011223b228 ZoMetaPackFile::Read(unsigned long long, unsigned char*, unsigned int, ZoPackFileInterface::FileDataSigningCategory&) + 84
    6 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x00000001120df4cb BackgroundPackFileLoadTask::DoBackgroundThreadWork() + 201
    7 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224bbf3 ZoTaskQueue::DoBackgroundThreadWork(ZoTaskQueue::TerminateCondition, unsigned int) + 467
    8 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224ce56 ZoTaskQueueUpdater::Run() + 96
    9 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224efcb ZoThread::ThreadFunc(void*) + 65
    10 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224f857 (anonymous namespace)::ThreadExecutionFunction(void*) + 82
    11 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328b33d _pthread_body + 126
    12 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328e2a7 _pthread_start + 70
    13 libsystem_pthread.dylib 0x00007fff6328a425 thread_start + 13

Thread 10:
    2 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224c6e4 ZoTaskQueue::WaitForWork() + 64
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224ce19 ZoTaskQueueUpdater::Run() + 35
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000010f2ce890 ZoWorkerThreadUpdater::Run() + 48
    5 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224efcb ZoThread::ThreadFunc(void*) + 65
    6 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224f857 (anonymous namespace)::ThreadExecutionFunction(void*) + 82

Thread 11:

Thread 12:
    0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff631d5876 __semwait_signal + 10
    1 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff63160830 nanosleep + 199
    2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff63160724 usleep + 53
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224ce6c ZoTaskQueueUpdater::Run() + 118

Thread 13:
    0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x00007fff631d5876 __semwait_signal + 10
    1 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff63160830 nanosleep + 199
    2 libsystem_c.dylib 0x00007fff63160724 usleep + 53
    3 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x000000011224ce6c ZoTaskQueueUpdater::Run() + 118

Thread 14:
    4 com.zenimaxonline.eso 0x00000001
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was crashing immediately for me as well. I removed the UserSettings.txt, went through all the first-start screens, etc., and now no more crashes (that I've seen yet).
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine is currently working, however when I’m in my house and attempt to place something, it never even shows up. Just invisible, even after effectively “placing” it. Just disappears without a trace.