Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Weapon damage and stamina

Rebkans2
Rebkans2
Soul Shriven
Hi, first at all, I want to apologize for my bad English, I'm a little rusty.

I have some doubts about weapon damage. I have a full stamina NB lvl 50 and 218 CP but I dont know how to get more weapon damage. I thought that it increase with stamina but I noticed that there is no change between having 0 or 64 attribute points on stamina.
I also spend some cp on Master-At-arms and Physical Weapon Expert but I dont see any difference.

So, my questios is, how can I have more weapon damage? Only can I increase it with armor and weapons enchantments?

Greetings!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more the other way round. Stamina does not increase weapon damage. Weapon damage increases Stamina, or at least restores it, when you make a heavy attack. Most of your slotted skills will be using stamina, and it's those, not the simple weapon attacks, that do the real damage. Some of the skills will do the damage directly, others will add damage to the regular attacks in between. Some will reduce the resistance of the target, which has much the same effect.

With more stamina, you can use the skills more often, and so do more damage, and regaining the stamina with the heavy attacks will help sustain that series. Sets of equipment you use will add stamina, or stamina regeneration, and so make it easier to sustain damage output.

Critical attacks will do more damage, so increasing the chance of a critical attack, with enchantments etc., will increase the total damage done, without affecting the base damage of the attacks.

And don't forget food. Eat something to boost your stamina, and that adds to the pool, too.

Just don't forget to stay alive, too, as you'll do no damage at all if you die.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Weapons
    Weapon damage glyphs on jewelry
    Weapons spell damage glyphs on weapons
    Armor set piece bonuses

Passives from medium armor
    Passives in heavy armor

Cyrodil bonuses
    NB's have a stealth damage to bonus weapon damage I think

Major and minor brutality buff obtainable through skills or potions

This may not be an exhaustive list but pretty close to the number of ways you can increase weapon damage
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB Stealth damage bonus for first strike from stealth -- always a good way to open a fight. :smiley:

Follow up with a DOT attack to maximize the damage, burn away and execute. B)
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, higher max stam doesn't increase your weapon damage? I thought that was the case for years now :'(
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Higher max stam increase damage numbers but not weapon damage.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Wait, higher max stam doesn't increase your weapon damage? I thought that was the case for years now :'(

Higher max stamina increases the tooltip of your stamina abilities. Look at a skill...."does X amount of damage to your target." Now, start increasing your stamina attributes and see how much that "X" goes up. You can find a lot of simulators online that will show you exactly how much each tooltip goes up based upon each stamina point.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only weapon damage and weapon damage modifiers increase your weapon damage.

CP allocations in things like Master-at-Arms are damage modifiers and only change the tooltip and actual damage. They have no bearing on your WD stats.