The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Delve Bosses - Worth killing on alts ?

lancerr11
lancerr11
✭✭
When you're leveling alts and running through maps to get the skyshards; Do you kill the delve bosses? Do they give good exp or do you simply kill it for the achievements since gears while leveling don't matter.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I kill them to turn my map white. It's not that much extra time.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lancerr11 wrote: »
    When you're leveling alts and running through maps to get the skyshards; Do you kill the delve bosses? Do they give good exp or do you simply kill it for the achievements since gears while leveling don't matter.

As far as the "good xp" the answer is no. And I honestly don't kill them unless I'm there for a skyshard AND I have to run the bosses way to get back to the beginning. After you've done every single delve on your main character, the thought of going back there again on alts and doing it again is frightening.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of them drop specific set items, so if there's an overland set you eventually want it's worth killing them. Otherwise they're nothing special. All Base game delve, group dungeon and world bosses have a chance of dropping a unique bit of kit, so if you want them for a personal collection or novelty, there is that. But all of those things can also be bought at guild traders.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always kill them. Because it is fun. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kill them do DC for the mats, and yes to turn my map white lol.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually kill them while I'm in the delve for the skyshard. Many times I'm running past them to get to the shard or to get to the exit so it's not much trouble. A bit more loot to decon and a soul gem for my efforts. A little bit of extra xp as well. If I were going min/max speeding though for shards only, I'd probably skip it.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did ALL the things on my first couple of characters, mostly prior to 1T, sooo for the most part I am not repeating that trend. I need skyshards and skillpoints and main quests and lorebooks and thats about it. If I am in a delve and have to run by the boss, I'll kill it on my way out and on to the next thing I need on the map. And I STILL have too much work to do on multiple characters. I need more time in my day for this stuff.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure do. I have this thing, quite mental actually, where I'm overly compelled to turn everything I can from black to white whenever I can.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Sure do. I have this thing, quite mental actually, where I'm overly compelled to turn everything I can from black to white whenever I can.

Oh my. I hope that doesn't compel you to buy every home in the game! ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know they're there so they must die.

Besides... it's nice to have a mob that I don't one shot. Sometimes I can even get half way through a full rotation and they're still alive!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    lancerr11 wrote: »

As far as the "good xp" the answer is no. And I honestly don't kill them unless I'm there for a skyshard AND I have to run the bosses way to get back to the beginning. After you've done every single delve on your main character, the thought of going back there again on alts and doing it again is frightening.
    First kill / clear give decent xp, the boss himself not much and and they are most relevant for skyshard runs anyway.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any XP is good XP when you're levelling an alt. If you've gone to the delve for the skyshard, why leave anything on the table? Most of the time there's a logical circuit around the delve, and you may as well continue around, instead of doubling back. The boss will inevitably be one of the kills you get on the way.

If you're alone, and the character's not up to it, it's a different matter, but getting killed by the boss is often the fastest way back to the entrance!
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no! I only feel that way towards combat content like delves, WB's, quest towns, etc.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Grayfax
    Grayfax
    ✭✭✭

Time. Time is my enemy... good thing I'm learning Psijic abilities!!