The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock a Stunning Villa, Mount & Pet during the Summerfall Event"

• fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    Per account or per character?

I assume per account, but I can't find anywhere that clarifies it.

Yes, it's per account.

Just to confirm -

If we play on both NA and EU, it will still count only once, correct? Or is it account-wide for that server?
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot add to the 'event' having already done what is required:(

And it seems unlikely that ZOS will sell 4x as many copies (and the new owners complete) as already have the achievement in the next week
    Edited by Gythral on September 18, 2018 6:10PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has already completed this achievement.

But as an added incentive to those who have not done so yet this one will be touring the various locations over this next weekend in PC EU Tamriel.

So come along and dance, drink, throw mudballs at Khajiit while getting your achievement for us all yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ValorieW wrote: »
    RIP. Set impossible goal, sit back and profit. Looks like I will be quitting when we never get that house. 👌

Can I have your staff in advance since you know goal is impossible?
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    The page to check reward progress shows 20% already.
    So I guess that is all that currently have the achievement even though the event has not started.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall

So since this is character based so should be easy for alts to complete. I believe you can port to another player in Alinor, even if you have not done the prior reqs that open up that location. Unless some other location behind a quest trail.

Since this is account based I will be surprised if it get very much more that 35%

Agreed. Players who are invested in the Community are more likely to be active players. Most active players already have unlocked it by now. I really doubt many inactive players will be aware of this event and care enough to come back to unlock it. I really doubt we'll be able to see five time as many people getting it by the 28th as there are people who already unlocked it now. I guess we'll never have a house on Artaeum. :/
    Edited by VerboseQuips on September 18, 2018 6:13PM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping this is NOT 100 percent of the owners of Summerset and its 100 percent of a set number of ppl. Because I know a few people in the Carolinas that own summerset and have no power or ability to even be in their homes atm.

Just to clarify, we're not looking for 100% of Summerset players to complete the achievement.

Thank you for clarifying :smile:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fioskal wrote: »

Yes, it's per account.

Just to confirm -

If we play on both NA and EU, it will still count only once, correct? Or is it account-wide for that server?

Ooh, right. That moment when you remember the lonely level 3 you made on the EU server the one weekend the NA servers were down...

I hope it only counts once.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »
    ValorieW wrote: »
    RIP. Set impossible goal, sit back and profit. Looks like I will be quitting when we never get that house. 👌

Can I have your staff in advance since you know goal is impossible?

The goal is only as impossible as ZOS wants it to be. They set the number needed. Only they see the participation numbers. Only they know if the goal is attainable or not. Even with all that, they could simply fudge the numbers toward the end so we all win anyway. There is so much hidden information that it essentially doesn't matter.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Cannot add to the 'event' having already done what is required:(

And it seems unlikely that ZOS will sell 4x as many copies (and the new owners complete) as already have the achievement in the next week

They're not trying to sell 4x the number of copies. They are trying to get 4x the number of people to complete that particular achievement.
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused by this wording "work together with your fellow ESO: Summerset players".
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, does it mean I need to visit the locations in a group with my friends? Can I still do it solo to get the rewards?
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    Time to schedule pathfinder achievement events for your guilds everyone :-)
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Yes, it's per account.
    Damn, and the initial sales only got us 20%? :scream:

My SO and I both own Summerset and have completed the main quest, just neither of us have that achievement. I'm actually surprised that many people have it already.

Yep - my character that did the main quest, psiijic and has Summerset Grand Adventurer somehow missed the pathfinder achievement!
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the Twitch Drops during that period, will you also be doing something for console players who still cannot link their accounts for twitch drops?
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is so much hidden information that it essentially doesn't matter.

As it was before.
    What's the deal?
    That's an easy ach-nt to do. You do and wait.
    If ZOS cheats so be it. If not - even better.

It can't change my behaviour. I'd do this ach-nt.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    energon wrote: »
    Will this event unlock the items in the Crown Store, or does "earning" mean we potentially get a Notable Home for free? If so, that's kinda crazy (and awesome).

Each milestone we hit, everyone who owns Summerset will get that item for FREE. Don't forget the items won't be going out until the 10th, though.

Does this mean that if I don't participate in the event (if, for whatever reason, I'm unable to log in during the event's duration), I could still potentially get the reward items?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Brigda
    Brigda
    ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, we're not looking for 100% of Summerset players to complete the achievement.

Thank you for clarifying that. Because that just isn't even remotely feasible with the number of folks who come and go and those who honestly have no care in the world for these sorts of things.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused by this wording "work together with your fellow ESO: Summerset players".
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, does it mean I need to visit the locations in a group with my friends? Can I still do it solo to get the rewards?

I think it’s to encourage you to bug your friends, guildies, etc. to try and complete the achievement. Maybe make a guild event out of it, or something.
    Edited by lygerseye on September 18, 2018 6:18PM
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    Regarding the Twitch Drops during that period, will you also be doing something for console players who still cannot link their accounts for twitch drops?

it already says specifically on the announcement that the Twitch drops are only going to be enabled for PC/Mac

NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Brandanus
    Brandanus
    ✭✭
    Ooh, right. That moment when you remember the lonely level 3 you made on the EU server the one weekend the NA servers were down...
    I hope it only counts once.
    just logged in to my level 4 toon on NA server, created end 2014 while EU server was down ;)

Edited by Brandanus on September 18, 2018 6:20PM
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The goal is only as impossible as ZOS wants it to be.

There is no motivation for ZOS to cheat actually. All they do now is making us play more and more.
    So granting house is a good deal for them to make us play more.

Whales who collect stuff would go on buying items, casual players who don't buy - won't never buy this house but this would stimulate them to play more to have their house complete.

ZOS makes some great thing: return players to the game.

So it's all right, there's no point for ZOS to cheat and make goal impossible

• msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »

it already says specifically on the announcement that the Twitch drops are only going to be enabled for PC/Mac

I know, I read that, but my question was meant to try to get ZOS to think about the console players too. Hoping that they will also do something for us/them. Something like kill a monster each day for a crate.
  • BWS2K
    BWS2K
    ✭✭✭
    Don't ask how many accounts are needed overall - you'll just encourage the botting, ya'll. You don't need to know those numbers. The only factors are the accounts that have Summerset that have the achievement and the number of people overall that have Summerset being compared to an unreleased target number. Just, like, do the thing if you have the thing, on at least one toon. Done. Thanks. *shrug*
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit has already completed this achievement.

But as an added incentive to those who have not done so yet this one will be touring the various locations over this next weekend in PC EU Tamriel.

So come along and dance, drink, throw mudballs at Khajiit while getting your achievement for us all yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I would never throw mudballs at any Khajiit. Such a beautiful race! (might try to pet one though <3 )

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, if 100% of the players who've already bought Summerset got the achieve, would that get us to 100% on the meter? or do we need new blood to achieve the house?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are there screenshots of the 3 rewards? I looked but can't find them.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex_Lex wrote: »
    The goal is only as impossible as ZOS wants it to be.

There is no motivation for ZOS to cheat actually. All they do now is making us play more and more.
    So granting house is a good deal for them to make us play more.

Whales who collect stuff would go on buying items, casual players who don't buy - won't never buy this house but this would stimulate them to play more to have their house complete.

ZOS makes some great thing: return players to the game.

So it's all right, there's no point for ZOS to cheat and make goal impossible

That was exactly my point. Losing this event would be bad for ZOS. It's in their best interest for people to win or it creates "feels bad feelings". The assets are already created and ready to go. When I suggested they might fudge the numbers, I mean that if they don't hit the goal they initially thought they would hit, they may very well just fill in the bar toward the end anyway to make sure we win when we otherwise might not have. There is no way for us to know if that is their intention or not.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    casparian wrote: »
    energon wrote: »
    Will this event unlock the items in the Crown Store, or does "earning" mean we potentially get a Notable Home for free? If so, that's kinda crazy (and awesome).

Each milestone we hit, everyone who owns Summerset will get that item for FREE. Don't forget the items won't be going out until the 10th, though.

Does this mean that if I don't participate in the event (if, for whatever reason, I'm unable to log in during the event's duration), I could still potentially get the reward items?

Correct, as long as you own Summerset.

Also, just want to make sure everyone has seen the event page with an FAQ: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/summerfall
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping this is NOT 100 percent of the owners of Summerset and its 100 percent of a set number of ppl. Because I know a few people in the Carolinas that own summerset and have no power or ability to even be in their homes atm.

Ok? Then 100% of????
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Khajiit wonders - what can we Summerset overachivers do to help those trying to catch up?

Well we can stand at wayshrines and let them port to us.

We can shout encouraging things in zone chat in Summerset.

We can shout other things in the zone chat of other areas.

Ummm - any other suggestions yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I’m not around to complete my portion does that mean I get nothing even though I have summerset?
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari