help in healing

blackwolf7
blackwolf7
✭✭✭
As a sorc,

Is it completely viable to heal competitively in dungeons by only using resto staffs?

Im level 12 using resto staff and im having a hard time keeping people alive in dungeons.

I make sure to keep regeneration buff in my party members and make sure to always put the aoe heal (1st skill of resto staff). But my party members keeps on dying. Specially the tank.

It is frustrating me because as a healer, i should keep my party alive. But Im not sure how. When Im healing in dungeons I always require my party mates to kite a little. I also ask my tanks to kite a little and dodge stuffs instead of face tanking it because i cant keep up :/

Do i need to be a templar for me to heal competitively? Or is it really the mchanics of eso to require each and every party member to kite enemies and heals are only there as support but not as the group's lifeline?
  • Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well first off this is not the section you should post this, hopefully it will get moved to here.

But till then on to your question. You are right to ask them to dodge things, it is incredibly important all avoidable damage is avoided. This game is not forgiving when it comes to those type of things. I personally am a Nightblade healer, I was able to get by with the resto staff heals in them dungeons.

I had to use Blessing of protection for a straight heal and added defenses while the first two skills healed over time. However, as a nightblade I had funnel health which gave extra healing.

Here is a video I found of a low level sorcerer healing with a Resto Staff, I suggest going to the video on youtube since he talking about his skills in the about section.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czJIJwvXoq4

Also, for later in the game here is a great guide by Morkulth.
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • lupusrex
    lupusrex
    ✭✭✭
    Caveat: I've only healed a few of the first-tier dungeons so far. I was on Templar with a resto staff. I honestly don't think I could have done it without my class emergency single-target heal, but I did only have to use it a few times. Due to this, I suspect that I only needed it when someone failed to dodge or block at an important time. I imagine that it will be less needed as people become more experienced.

Resto staff is not without single target tools, but it will take a few more levels before they will be available and fully powered. The Essence Drain passive will heal the lowest member at the end of a heavy left-click attack, and you also get magicka back for those. Steadfast Ward becomes available at 20, and it's a nice bubble on the lowest health member. I imagine that the strength of this is to prevent someone from dipping even lower while your heals over time do their work. The ability can be morphed to provide direct healing as well.

Consider Blood Altar from the Undaunted guild line too. A member who is getting low can push X to get extra healing from it, although of course that requires their cooperation. Finally, absolutely everyone should have potions at the ready.

Don't be discouraged. I understand the "only healers keep everyone alive" from years of MMO healing. ESO is simply different - everyone shares responsibility for their health. It reminds me of DDO in that respect. As people figure it out and get better, it will become easier for everyone.
    Martial Keen-Eye ~ Templar Healer/Archer ~ Daggerfall Covenant

"I ain't done nothin'."
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    I see. Thank you for the tips. I guess its about this game's mechanics. I was blaming myself because I chose to be a healer as sorc then read the resto skills which are all HoTs. I thought its my fault that people die in fungal grotto too often because of my lack of burst heals.

So it is completely viable to heal dungeons by only using resto staff skills? All i need is to tell my party members to play wisely and dodge heavy attacks and aoe circles