The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[PC EU] Several Weapon Enchantment Bugs.

tunepunk
tunepunk
✭✭✭✭✭
* Glyph of Weapon Power does not trigger of weapon skills. Only from light and heavy attacks.
Might be true for glyph of weakening and GLyph of crushing as well (Havn't tested)

Expected behaviour: Can be triggered by weapon skills, just as Glyph of shock.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Enchant a weapon with Glyph of Weapon Power.
2. Spam a weapon skill from any line. The Enchantment will never trigger.

* Glyph of Poison is not increased by Torug's Pact set.

Expected behaviour: Should be increased just like any other damage glyph.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create two weapons, one with disease, and one with poison enchant.
2. Equip a full set of Torug's Pact.
3. Compare weapon tooltips. They are not same. Poison is not increased by Torug's.

* Damage Glyphs (Poison, Shock, Fire, etc) deals less damage when triggered by some weapon skills.
If your first hit is from a weapon skill, enchantment damage will be refreshed at the lower value.

This is true if the weapon enchantment is triggered by any of these skills.
* Volley & Morphs
* Blade Cloak and morphs.
* Wall of elements and morphs.

Expected behaviour: Should deal same amount of damage as with light and heavy attacks.

Steps to reproduce.
1. Use a weapon enchanted with ie Shock damage. and hit an enemy with light attacks, to see how much damage the enchantment should do.
2. Now attack an enemy only using weapon skills like, Endless hail, Elemental Blockade, etc. The damage from the proc is significantly decreased.
3. Compare the values, and see that the enchantment damage is less when triggered by any of the above skills.

This all happens on my Stam Sorc and Magplar, can anyone please confirm if this happens on other classes as well?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The first one is intended behavior and being ingame since forever. Applies to crushing, damage and their counterparts
    Options
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    The first one is intended behavior and being ingame since forever. Applies to crushing, damage and their counterparts

Might be the case, but kind of a disadvantage to use that glyph then, especially since you usually start a fight with a couple of abilities, before you start doing some light/heavy attacks.

The others are clearly bugs though.
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tested the last part and you are right.
    • Enchantment procced from DoT skill is affected by Thaumaturge.
    • Enchantment procced from Direct skill like light/heavy attacks is affected by Master-at-Arms
    Edited by SodanTok on August 30, 2017 8:44PM
    Options
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested the last part and you are right.
    • Enchantment procced from DoT skill is affected by Thaumaturge.
    • Enchantment procced from Direct skill like light/heavy attacks is affected by Master-at-Arms

Good find. I couldn't figure out why the weapon procs were doing less damage from some skills. Since procs are direct damage it would make sense if Master-at-Arms always was used..

I wonder if this is the case for poisons as well, or if they always use Thaumaturge.
    Edited by tunepunk on August 31, 2017 9:10AM
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poisons work fine (at least they do same damage from dot and direct, did not bother to spend 6k gold again to test what CP affects them)
    Options
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know i was really looking forward to the poison status buff as dk and crafted turogs for it since health regen builds without troll king are useless anyway now...
    Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I can apply crusher with out dropping block, aka with skills.
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, you are right. I guess consistency is something not to be expected, because surprisingly not just crusher/hardening but even weakening glyph all work on weapon attacks.
    Options
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you are right. I guess consistency is something not to be expected, because surprisingly not just crusher/hardening but even weakening glyph all work on weapon attacks.

So if all other glyphs except, Glyph of Weapon Power trigger on Both weapon attacks and weapon skills, i would probably say it's a bug.
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tunepunk wrote: »

So if all other glyphs except, Glyph of Weapon Power trigger on Both weapon attacks and weapon skills, i would probably say it's a bug.

It is not bug. That is intended and have been the case forever.

It is just inconsistent mechanic and devs had some reason to make it this way and let it be this way. Maybe that reason is long pass and it is unnecessary, but nonetheless it is not bug and desire to change it is more of a suggestion and not bug fix :)
    Edited by SodanTok on September 4, 2017 9:31PM
    Options
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3.1.8 and still nothing mentioned in Patch Notes about fixes to these...*sigh*
    Options
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come this hasn't been fixed yet.

Poison, Disease, Frost, Shock, and Fire uses

* Master-at-Arms modifier when triggered by a direct damage attack.
    * Thaumaturge modifier when triggered by a Wall of elements or endless hail, blade cloak.

Can you please fix this...

The direct damage of the weapon enchant should be direct damage.

Possibly status effects like burning, poisoned could be modified by thaumaturge.

One year ago I reported this and it's still not fixed.
    Options