The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag spikes & DC frequently

gamer559
gamer559
✭✭✭
So I've been playing for the past week and a half after quitting for probably 2 years. I was thoroughly enjoying my time back in ESO until I started playing for anything more than 20 minutes. I am getting huge lag spikes, rubberbanding like mad, and then get kicked offline. This is the ONLY game this is happening in. Every other online game I play I sit at under 35 MS and have no connection problems. ESO, on the other hand, will suddenly say I have 999+ MS, I rubberband, and then I get kicked offline. I can be out in the world just riding to the next place I need to go to or I can be in a city crafting or I can be gathering materials in the world and this will happen. My internet speeds are around 100 MBPS so I shouldn't have any issues playing the game. When I do speed tests I am getting anywhere from 15 MS to 27 MS according to both the Xfinity speed test and the Ookla speed test. I searched the PC Tech Support forums for an answer before posting this and I read this stock response on multiple posts. I have done each and every one of the things listed below and NOTHING is fixing the problem. I want to know what I can do to fix this damn problem or is this a YOU problem?
ZOS_BillE wrote: »
Check Service Alerts

Verify the servers are not undergoing scheduled maintenance here.

Power cycle and then test your network

If playing on console, you can reset your machine's IP by performing a hard reset. To do so, hold down the power button on the console itself and allow it to completely shut down. Once complete, turn off your modem or router as well and wait 10 minutes before turning all of your devices back on.

If playing on PC/Mac, you should also try turning off your modem or router for 10 minutes before rebooting.

Forward the game ports

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online you should configure you routers to open the following outbound ports:

All Platforms

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
TCP Port 80
TCP Port 433

Check for updates

You should also ensure that the ESO Launcher has downloaded and installed all available updates before logging back in. If on console, we also recommend completely closing out the game and allowing the system to check for game updates before restarting the game itself.

Give ESO and Steam access to Mac

If playing ESO on Mac, you should ensure that both Steam and ESO have access to your machine by navigating to the Security & Privacy menu, selecting Privacy, then clicking on Accessibility and adding them to the list.

Reset the ProgramData folder

If playing on PC, you can also try resetting the ProgramData folder:
  1. Close both ESO and the ESO Launcher.
  2. Open the game's installation directory.
  3. Open the folder named Launcher.
  4. Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData".
  5. Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup".
  6. Open the launcher and download update.
  7. Click Play.

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you reset your router? :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Did you reset your router? :p

Yes router has been reset & my PC has been restarted multiple times as this has been going on for the past 3 days. Again this is ONLY happening with ESO. My boyfriend is playing online on another game in the other room and has not been kicked offline or got ANY high latency when I've had this happen to me.
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't a router/modem issue because if it were he would have been kicked offline multiple times or got high lag when I would. Its not a ME issue because I can play WoW, Secret World Legends, and Warhammer Online with no disconnects or lag. It is ONLY ESO that does this to me and at the most random of times.
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    In fact, since posting this post I've been kicked offline a total of FOUR TIMES
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    Make that SIX times. I've been kicked twice more since that last count....
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    And add another DC to it....
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    And a final one of the might which means I'm logging off. This is utter bullcrap how much I'm disconnecting playing this game and it ONLY happening in this game.
  • GamingLass
    gamer559 wrote: »
    And a final one of the might which means I'm logging off. This is utter bullcrap how much I'm disconnecting playing this game and it ONLY happening in this game.

After fixing a prior issue I had with ESO, they updated or added a patch and the exact same thing happened to me. Just got spikes and then kicked. No idea why. After today's update, I'll see if anything changed.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @gamer559

If the troubleshooting we've listed has not helped with your disconnections in ESO, you should open a support ticket for further help investigating what is causing your lag spikes.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @gamer559

If the troubleshooting we've listed has not helped with your disconnections in ESO, you should open a support ticket for further help investigating what is causing your lag spikes.

Although I don't understand how a support ticket will fix my problems, I am opening one up right now.
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    And so it beings again. I just logged on and was online less than 2 minutes before getting kicked offline.
  • e1team
    e1team
    ✭✭✭
    Happened since launch on and off... Real shame. One of the reasons I don't purchase ESO+ : no point paying for 999+ pings and DC at the only hours I usually can play. Oh, and opened tickets in the past. Usually it comes down to: "Contact your ISP". My ISP just shrugs: "No idea" the answer I got.
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    e1team wrote: »
    Happened since launch on and off... Real shame. One of the reasons I don't purchase ESO+ : no point paying for 999+ pings and DC at the only hours I usually can play. Oh, and opened tickets in the past. Usually it comes down to: "Contact your ISP". My ISP just shrugs: "No idea" the answer I got.

Oh I've got the "call your ISP" reply twice so far in my ticket. First time I called them & asked what ports are blocked because the tech support guy said it might be a blocked port. Second time I was told to call them because there was nothing on their end showing wrong. I promptly informed the lady who answered it that time that I had already called my ISP, posted which ports were blocked, posted a link to my ISP's site explaining each port blocked and why they were blocked, and then informed her it was a YOU issue not a ME issue that is causing my disconnect, rubber banding, and high latency spikes. Supposedly my ticket has been once again escalated to a higher tier of support & I'm awaiting response from them about it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you and your boyfriend both using wifi connections? How far are you both from the router?

Do you get disconnected when you're the only one using the internet?
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Are you and your boyfriend both using wifi connections? How far are you both from the router?

Do you get disconnected when you're the only one using the internet?

He is hard wired into the modem. I am about 25 feet from the modem and connect using WiFi. As I've stated several times, these problems I'm having is ONLY when I am playing ESO. I played WoW for 2 1/2 hours the other day without a single disconnect, instance of rubber banding, or lag spike. I played Secret World Legends with the same results. I played Runes of Magic with the same results. I played Aion with same results. I get on ESO and within 10 minutes of being online I've been kicked offline AT LEAST once.
  • e1team
    e1team
    ✭✭✭
    Today I asked my ISP to connect me to "Gamer" service of theirs. Should give "better response time and direct connection to leading game servers in the world"... lol! Will see for the next month if it worth extra 7 bucks. If nothing changes I call it officially on ZOS end. Because I can't think of anything else I can do on my end.
    Edited by e1team on September 14, 2018 6:29AM
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    e1team wrote: »
    Today I asked my ISP to connect me to "Gamer" service of theirs. Should give "better response time and direct connection to leading game servers in the world"... lol! Will see for the next month if it worth extra 7 bucks. If nothing changes I call it officially on ZOS end. Because I can't think of anything else I can do on my end.

See we have their increased speed package and we're paying for 250 MBPS download. When I'm on other games or streaming videos I have no issues what so ever. I am able to play other games with no disconnects, no rubber banding, and no high latency spikes. ESO on the other hand gives me at the most 10 minutes of uninterrupted game play before those three things happen. The ESO tech support guys & gals have tried placing the blame on my end ranging from "you need to update your Windows" (the updates not applied were for Windows Defender definitions which is a program I don't use because I have Norton), remove my addons (did so & didn't change a thing), my ISP blocking ports they needed (called my ISP and was told which ports are blocked, posted which ports, and included a link to why those ports were blocked in my ticket), was told to reinstall the game (I had just reinstalled it a week ago so I didn't do that), told to disable ALL start-up programs and go through them one-by-one re-enabling them until I found the one that caused the problems (there were literally dozens of programs that were disabled & I couldn't even go online because everything was disabled), and then was told a second time that it was my ISP blocking portions of the game. My ticket has been escalated a SECOND TIME to a "higher up" level of support and I haven't heard jack crap from them in almost 2 days now with my ticket.
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on a reply on this ticket that has gone unanswered since 09/12/2018 09:17 PM
  • e1team
    e1team
    ✭✭✭
    Played for couple of days with my new "Gamer" package and no significant difference. From about 18:00 to 00:00 GMT+2 high latency spikes and occasional disconnects.
    Will play till end of the month then disable it. No point in wasting 7 bucks really. Guess I'll have to play early mornings from now on before work! Good thing I wake up at 4 AM :D
    Edited by e1team on September 17, 2018 5:44AM