Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making Imperial City it's Own Campaign

CyberSkooma
CyberSkooma
✭✭✭✭✭
Imperial City needs to be turned into base game content that is compacted down into it's own campaign.

Instead of having IC split up between every other Cyro campaign, we should just have two IC servers. (CP and no CP). It should not be connected to normal Cyro campaigns in any way. I could sit here and type a paragraph about why I think this is necessary, but I'm sure most people already get the point.

In a nutshell, we get a higher density of players, and removing the tedious run through Cyro to get to sewers. It would also make it more difficult to hide away on dead campaigns to farm tel-var without consequence.
Edited by CyberSkooma on September 13, 2018 4:36PM
I play this game a little bit I guess
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My one change would be 3 IC zones: No CP, CP, and Below Level 50.

That way we get all types of PVP currently offered.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ah yeah. Just forgot about under 50 but you're right.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get rid of the dead campaigns after the event so we have Vivec, Sotha, Shor, Kyne and Alkosh

That way we have one combination for everyone

Its a whole 30 seconds from the nearest keep. Running from keep to keep takes longer.

They need to make holding IC districts count in the overall score of Cyrodiil so it means something
    Beta tester November 2013
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Just get rid of the dead campaigns after the event so we have Vivec, Sotha, Shor, Kyne and Alkosh

Its a whole 30 seconds from the nearest keep. Running from keep to keep takes longer.

They need to make holding IC districts count in the overall score of Cyrodiil so it means something

They don't need to make holding the districts count (assuming they chance IC to be base game like Cyrodiil or something). Or if they do, holding a district needs to be a lot harder.

Districts have what, 3 guards on the flag?

A resource has 4 guard on the flag, 3 on the tower, 1 or 2 wandering guards and workers, plus about 4 more guards on a side building.

Districts simply arent in the same difficulty league and shouldn't count for points unless the points are reduced or the difficulty increased.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's only a 30 second run if your faction actually has nearby keeps. And holding IC districts definitely should not count for points unless IC becomes it's own campaign. IC districts are simply far too easy to capture to be worth anything except skipping a load screen.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spot on
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And no connection to Cyrodiil campaigns so it can just be its own thing.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on September 14, 2018 4:50PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree that the flags need to be made harder. People solo camps all the time
    I disagree with making IC seperate.
    I like that it's attached to Cyrodiil

And even if you don't own the nearest keep, it's not that bad. I've made the run multiple times.

DC runs from Glade to KC or to BB
    EP runs from Allessia to BM
    AD runs from Fare/BM to Faragut

All the time, every day

Edited by Katahdin on September 14, 2018 6:01PM
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to just port into the sewers without having to travel across cyrodiil to get there, especially when your alliance doesn't control much territory. You ride forever to get over there, to find some ganker blocking the entrance. It makes going to the sewers a lot more painful than necessary. It makes the sewers feel like a chore.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

And no connection to Cyrodiil campaigns so it can just be its own thing.

This is what I'm suggesting.

And even if you don't own the nearest keep, it's not that bad. I've made the run multiple times.

But you shouldn't have to. If you don't have proper territory, especially if your mount speed isn't level'd all the way, running through Cyro to the sewers is an absolute pain. IC is a completely different experience to Cyrodiil, so I'm not sure why it needs to be connected.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree that the flags need to be made harder. People solo camps all the time
    I disagree with making IC seperate.
    I like that it's attached to Cyrodiil

DC runs from Glade to KC or to BB
    EP runs from Allessia to BM
    AD runs from Fare/BM to Faragut

All the time, every day

I can solo Cyrodiil resources. I can also solo Imperial City district flags.

District flags are far easier. They only have 3 guards. You have to fight 7+ guards on a resource depending on if the wandering guards come by at the wrong moment.

So if the IC Districts were to be changed so that they count for campaign points, they need to be increased in difficulty to resource level.

If the IC Districts were to be changed to be included in the Emperorship requirements, as some have suggested...well, currently an IC District is far, far, easier to capture than a single Emp ring keep. There are four guards on the front door of those keep, already harder than a District flag.

That's why I'm opposed to make IC districts count towards Emperorship or campaign points unless the difficulty of district captures is raised accordingly.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need it’s own queue, less loading screens and the ability to release in any of the districts.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano I don't believe IC should contribute to emperor. Emperor is complex enough as is.

But 1 to 2 points per flag ( I don't remember what a resource gives) would at least make them worth something to the overall score. At most you could make it up to 5 guards (add 2 at the top of the stairs) to make it a bit harder but no more.

People complain that the IC population is why their faction is losing that night. I've never believed that the 5-15 people in IC at any given time impacts the over land population but this will make it contribute and be more meaningful.

You'll never convince me that seperating IC from Cyrodiil is the way to go. It's part of Cyrodiil and should remain part of Cyrodiil.

I like being able to move back and forth and have actually used the sewars entrance to get back to base faster to transport to a keep under attack.

@CyberSkooma we will just have to disagree about the travel. I find it an interesting aspect of getting there. I've had to run from base maybe once in all the times I've gone to IC and I've been there alot. Most of the time if not the nearest, then it's the next nearest keep so about 1 minute. People are too impatient and everything is "Gota have it now!!!!! Or I'll cry like a 2 year old.

Seriously most wait longer for most stoplights on the way to work or for your coffee order at the deli in the morning

Edited by Katahdin on September 14, 2018 8:38PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug