The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random logout

Aerosnl
Aerosnl
Soul Shriven
Yesterday I started playing ESO and I'm absolutely loving it! however, there is one annoying thing:

When I'm playing the game once around every 15 minutes or so, I can't interact with other NPC's or mobs. After waiting and not being able to do anything but walk around, i get a few seconds of interaction again and *poof* i come back to the login screen of ESO. This means I have to re-login every 15 minutes :confused:

Does this have to do with my internet connection? It is really stable and I'm having this problem on multiple PC's... Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance. :smile:
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    not sure if its you or them. right now i am having connection issues. when i can play theres a .5+ second delay in my actions. i am posting this just fine so it doesn't seem to be me. i have been disconnected three times and crashed 4 times in the last 45-60 minutes.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's your Internet connection de-synchronising the game on your computer from the Servers. This happens to me occasionally on the NA Server and happened to me a lot on the EU server. I understand that what happens is that a series of data packets get blocked in communications. Once you're desynched it can take a while before a reconnection occurs. If you have been activating a number of things they can be buffered so when the reconnection happens they all reach the server at the same time which it reads as spamming and automatically logs you out. Desynching is also responsible for "rubberbanding"

Keep in mind that the connection that you have to your internet provider is not all of the connection. It must pass through multiple points to reach the Zos Servers. Check to make sure there are no other programs accessing the internet, as these can cause it as well as lag. Check your internet provider. Those are the only things I can suggest off the top of my head.

I now only the EU server on the weekend when I can play during the day while the Europeans are mostly asleep and the internet traffic is comparably low.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    Yes, it's your Internet connection de-synchronising the game on your computer from the Servers. This happens to me occasionally on the NA Server and happened to me a lot on the EU server. I understand that what happens is that a series of data packets get blocked in communications. Once you're desynched it can take a while before a reconnection occurs. If you have been activating a number of things they can be buffered so when the reconnection happens they all reach the server at the same time which it reads as spamming and automatically logs you out. Desynching is also responsible for "rubberbanding"

Keep in mind that the connection that you have to your internet provider is not all of the connection. It must pass through multiple points to reach the Zos Servers. Check to make sure there are no other programs accessing the internet, as these can cause it as well as lag. Check your internet provider. Those are the only things I can suggest off the top of my head.

I now only the EU server on the weekend when I can play during the day while the Europeans are mostly asleep and the internet traffic is comparably low.

agreed. i came looking to see if ZoS said anything mainly. the weather is bad here so it could be the connection between me and them is faulty. i thought it was a sync issue to, but i never had this much issue with that (though that could be the issue still). i am leaning to something may have gone bad between me and them.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We went ahead and made tickets for you, @Aerosnl‌ and @ahstin2001nub18_ESO! Our Support Team will be in touch via email so that they can investigate why you're having trouble staying in the game. We also moved this thread to the Customer Support section of the forums. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    We went ahead and made tickets for you, @Aerosnl‌ and @ahstin2001nub18_ESO! Our Support Team will be in touch via email so that they can investigate why you're having trouble staying in the game. We also moved this thread to the Customer Support section of the forums. Thanks for your patience!

awesome!! i just got desynced again. thanks for the assistance =)

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • skullcleaver
    skullcleaver
    Soul Shriven
    This same thing is happening to me as well. It is very annoying and frustrating. I've had lag issues with other online games from time to time but nothing like this. The constant re-logs are driving me nuts.
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    It is just the LAG... nothing else... Server drops the connection for a second or two and when it reconnects, we all are kicked with booting/spamming reasons...

Explanation:
    When the server drops connection, so is not connected to the client and we still try to move, use skills, open inventory, etc., the client sends immediately after server reconnects all of these tries (all movement, spells, every command in one package) and the server evaluates this as spamming... This happens during the busy times, when more people are online. This is not players fault... This is happening to me as well on the EU server..
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    xherics wrote: »
    It is just the LAG... nothing else... Server drops the connection for a second or two and when it reconnects, we all are kicked with booting/spamming reasons...

Explanation:
    When the server drops connection, so is not connected to the client and we still try to move, use skills, open inventory, etc., the client sends immediately after server reconnects all of these tries (all movement, spells, every command in one package) and the server evaluates this as spamming... This happens during the busy times, when more people are online. This is not players fault... This is happening to me as well on the EU server..

no, i am not getting kicked for "spamming". i have gotten that once so i do know what that looks like, though i still don't know how i got tagged for spamming. i fell out of sync with the server, and had numerous hard crashes. falling out of sync with the server typically points to an issue between the two points, not necessarily THE two points. you can typically run a ping program to find out packet information, but to do that i would need the servers IP address. the ESO web site wouldn't work because the web sit could be housed else where. for all i know the web site is in sweden and the game server is in alaska. a ping check would be useless. that leaves the crude ways of testing.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm on EU megaserver and I get kick to loading screen at least once per day. And I'm not talking about infinite loading screens.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a firewall software installed or a router with access, you can easily find the IP, to which the eso.exe is connecting after you start the game an log in.

Btw, for sure, it will be an USA IP address for EU server also...
    Edited by xherics on December 18, 2014 1:22PM
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • skullcleaver
    skullcleaver
    Soul Shriven
    This is getting absurd. It's happening every 10 to 15 min. Not sure it's "just the lag" my connection is good my ping is only 90ish. I've been playing online games for over 10 years and have never had this issue, even when I played wow on a dial up connection w/ a 2k ping.
  • nakti
    nakti
    Soul Shriven
    I have this problem when my router turns off and then on - I can't interact with anything, can't toggle crouching. When computer tries to connect again, it just goes to logout screen. Much less often it does lag with active internet connection, but it's infinite (more than 5 minutes, actually), so I have to shut down the game.
    Do other internet applications work properly while you have this lag? Are you sure you haven't random short disconnects?
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    after talking it out with the customer service, this is what seems to have helped:

Click Start > Run (or Windows Key + R) and type wscui.cpl and choose Ok.
    Choose Change User Account Control Settings from the menu on the left.
    Move the slider to the Never notify option.
    Select OK and restart your computer

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • Aerosnl
    Aerosnl
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the help, it has been solved!
  • adina_m
    adina_m
    Aerosnl wrote: »

Hi! I'm having the same issue, only it's happening directly after I log in. How did you solve? I don't want to Change User Account Control Settings.
  • vHeratax
    vHeratax
    ✭✭

Hey
  • vHeratax
    vHeratax
    ✭✭
    adina_m wrote: »

Hi! I'm having the same issue, only it's happening directly after I log in. How did you solve? I don't want to Change User Account Control Settings.

How do you resolve this issue?
  • eniaios
    eniaios
    I'm having this issue since Thieves' Guild DLC. Every 1 hour (or so), I get randomly kicked. Tried almost anything recommended in forums, to no avail.
    Recently, I've come to realize that I tend to get kicked whenever there's traffic on EU server, usually at prime time. I would log early morning hours (my evenings, actually), and play uninterrupted for hours. Try logging during afternoon or everning, when there's lotsa fellas on, and I get myself kicked every hour.
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    this has started happening to me as well, worst is when it happens mid fight at the dolmens - stand around waiting for something to work I end up on my ass dead and then logged out! Not fun!
    Edited by Aurrynthea_Drake on September 13, 2018 2:06PM
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Aerosnl
    Aerosnl
    Soul Shriven
    Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry for not replying at all. I've been away from the game for about 1,5 - 2 years and wanted to check the forums before I'm coming back, only to see I haven't been on the forums at all since this issue. I didn't check back to see any of your questions regarding my resolved issue, my bad!

Long story short, the issue lasted for quite some time and even came back after a few months. Turns out at first I had to flush my DNS and add Port Forwarding to my router. How I did this initially is something I don't remember, but it solved the problem at first.
    I pretty much followed these steps provided by ESO Support:

- Flush your DNS:
    Click on the Start button
    Type cmd in the Start Menu
    Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
    Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter
    If it was successful, you will see the message "Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache"

- Add Port Forwarding. These are the ports that the game utilizes on the router. If any of them are closed, it can cause various connection issues, including lag.
    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

Two months later however, the problem returned worse than ever. Every 20 seconds I would return to the login screen. I followed all fixes that ESO Support gave me but after a while they didn't know how to fix it either.
    Fun fact: my laptop (on the same internet connection) had no problems at all, so I figured it must've been a problem on my PCs end, even though reports showed otherwise...
    Eventually, I contacted my internet provider. They told me to NOT port forward as it could be unsafe. I removed the port forwarding and decided to see if there were different launcher options as my last resort. (I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, or why ESO Support didn't mention anything about it).

I tried using the eso64.exe (located at ...\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client), instead of the eso.exe via the launcher. I was able to login and everything worked! I was very confused...
    Even though the reports I had sent to ESO Support told me it should've be an internet problem, using the 64bit client fixed the whole problem. No disconnections after login whatsoever. Error 301 I was getting constantly was gone using the 64bit client.

Like I said, I've been gone from the game and want to pick it up again. I don't know if a 64bit client still works as a fix as there have been a lot of changes over time obviously.
    Still, I wanted to give you the fix that finally worked for me. Sorry for only coming back to you almost 5 years later haha.

Hope this might still help anyone, see you soon in Tamriel!